Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you have the cart before the horse here.

They clearly said they arnt counting on anything from the guy. if a miracle happens, he stays clean, works hard, shows he is in good shape and has a strong camp and preseason, then cross the bridge. He hasn't cost a single dime while he has been suspended and is under a rookie 4 yr deal.

And how many chances is this? After every suspension or positive test, we all hope for the best, hope he overcomes his demons, hope he works hard, blah....blah....blah....

All that stuff won't be a deciding factor in this organization. The decision on Gregory will be based on other factors not related to the football field because, if it was, he'd never be here. Guys like Gregory and the way the coach and the ownership handle him send a wrong message to the team.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Neither do I, but at least he's figured out how to cover his ass. He might be using a masking agent, or a Whizzinator, doesn't really matter to me. Stepnoski was a huge pot-head, but knew to cover his ass for the tests.

I haven't double-checked but the math doesn't seem right, 19 months is before the 2016 season isn't it? yet he only got in like half a game in 16 and was suspended again

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Amen. Jerry can't help himself when it comes to these reclamation projects, though. Besides trying to show how risky he is -- which he gets off on for some reason -- he loves rehabbing these troubled players, whether it be Alonzo Spellman or Pacman or TO or Dez.

But yeah, terrible message to send that no matter how many times you screw up, you always have a place here.

its a halfway house for millionaires

Reaction score
I haven't double-checked but the math doesn't seem right, 19 months is before the 2016 season isn't it? yet he only got in like half a game in 16 and was suspended again

You're right. The numbers don't seem to add up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And how many chances is this? After every suspension or positive test, we all hope for the best, hope he overcomes his demons, hope he works hard, blah....blah....blah....

I guess I have lost track, but exactly how many suspensions/failed tests does he have? Do we know for sure?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He played vs Detroit and Philly to end the season. I don't recall exactly all the details, but it came as a surprise to everyone (incl the Cowboys at the time) that Gregory was then somehow ruled ineligible for the postseason and of course he never came near the team for all of last year.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He played vs Detroit and Philly to end the season. I don't recall exactly all the details, but it came as a surprise to everyone (incl the Cowboys at the time) that Gregory was then somehow ruled ineligible for the postseason and of course he never came near the team for all of last year.

I get that, that's my point, if Gregory hasn't tested positive for 19 months, what's the justification for suspending him after he played those 2 games?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Report: Randy Gregory ready to apply for reinstatement
Posted by Charean Williams on March 28, 2018, 6:08 PM EDT

Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory is close to applying for reinstatement, David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports.
Gregory, 25, has not played in the NFL since Week 17 of the 2016 season. The NFL banned him for repeated violations of the league’s substance abuse policy.

He has adhered to the program, according to Moore, but Gregory still must meet with Roger Goodell to petition for his reinstatement. In 14 games over two seasons, the former second-round pick has one sack and 20 tackles.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Am 1 underestimating how difficult it is to quit weed? It can't be as additive as heroin, crack, meth or coke.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am 1 underestimating how difficult it is to quit weed? It can't be as additive as heroin, crack, meth or coke.

i dont see how gregory's use is still at the recreational level. if thats why he keeps smoking, then hes a fuckin loser to throw away all that talent and opportunity and an idiot for not finding a way around the system like everyone else

if he smokes every day for a medical issue like insomnia, anxiety, pain or headaches--thats different

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Eh, it can be unpleasant if Gregory has been using everyday, especially if he's self medicating. It's nothing like coke or opiates, though.
Pretty sure he's just stupid and/or selfish.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

It’s not that hard

Most professionals that smoke weed on the regular figure out how to “quit weed” just in time for every single drug test, plus they take the necessary steps to make sure that they pass each drug test

Gregory is just a halfwit who couldn’t figure that shit out

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And people wonder why this team hasnt done anything in almost 2.5 decades. Every time this buffoon opens his yapper he shows just how clueless he is. What is he basing this on? The one sack he has in 14 games he actually managed to get on the field for? Of course if I was worth billions and spent most of my time in outter space I'd probably make lots of happy talk too.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I was VERY addicted to weed, but I was self-medicating for depression. I haven't smoked in like 3.5 years. It took catching felony charges to quit. Weed, heroin, meth, whatever…. If you cant stop that shit �� in order to make millions, you deserve any misery that comes with it.

Top Bottom