Reaction score
any idea what is the latest with his suspension?
word was that he could apply for reinstatement.
but there were also some rumors about more failed tests?
amazing talent but problem brain.
he could probably still be a great rde...

Again not much more I can add but he is a talent much wasted on personal demons. I self medicate a lot due to depression, PTSD, and even self loathing at times. Never have I looked millions in the eyes and said I need drugs more..... I hear from so many how weed is not a drug, but it is still illegal in the NFL. With that in mind and 7 failed drug tests, he stated his preference. Time to move on and wish him well in his recovery....

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Again not much more I can add but he is a talent much wasted on personal demons. I self medicate a lot due to depression, PTSD, and even self loathing at times. Never have I looked millions in the eyes and said I need drugs more..... I hear from so many how weed is not a drug, but it is still illegal in the NFL. With that in mind and 7 failed drug tests, he stated his preference. Time to move on and wish him well in his recovery....

Ur in NOVA? Right in the midst of all the idiot Skins fans.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The dude looks like fucking Frankenberry, which is perfect since I bet he murders boxes of that shit after he smokes weed.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m actually shocked to hear that he’s tested clean for 19 straight months.

I didn’t think the kid could do that.

I still have him on my never to return to football list and I don’t expect him to do shit

But if he does....
Well good for him. Since I wrote him off long ago anything he may contribute is just icing on the shit sandwich we call the Dallas Cowboys 2018 season

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow good for him if that report is true about 19 months of being clean.

Kid has talent, if he stays clean he can help us even if its just as a situational pass rusher.

408Cowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
Back in 1999 when I was 17 I got too high to run from the police. Told myself this shit ain't healthy. Haven't smoked since.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Kid has talent, if he stays clean he can help us even if its just as a situational pass rusher.

The problem here still resides in the fact that he’s dumb.

He was told ahead of time when some of his drug tests were and he still failed them.

He’s too dumb to be useful. He may be clean at the moment but with how dumb he is he will fuck up some other way

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The problem here still resides in the fact that he’s dumb.

He was told ahead of time when some of his drug tests were and he still failed them.

He’s too dumb to be useful. He may be clean at the moment but with how dumb he is he will fuck up some other way

I said I didn't feel sorry for him and he was dumb over at the 'zone, and 2 posters called me names.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I said I didn't feel sorry for him and he was dumb over at the 'zone, and 2 posters called me names.

Don’t worry Rynie, you are back here now in your safe space.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I see your inner homer starting to creep out Dbair, and Gregory is gonna squash it like a bug. Once an addict, always an addict.

Reaction score
me too, in fact, I don't believe it

Neither do I, but at least he's figured out how to cover his ass. He might be using a masking agent, or a Whizzinator, doesn't really matter to me. Stepnoski was a huge pot-head, but knew to cover his ass for the tests.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The fact that this team even has Gregory on it's radar is the symptom of a larger disease. If he's "clean" which I highly doubt he is or, if he is, I would bet he can't stay clean, he'll take the roster spot of a guy who probably did everything right and worked hard in the off-season. Bringing Gregory back after so many failed attempts only sends the wrong message to the other players. And what does it say when a guy who wasn't played a down of football in 19 months can come in and "win" a roster spot? This team is a fucking joke.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The fact that this team even has Gregory on it's radar is the symptom of a larger disease. If he's "clean" which I highly doubt he is or, if he is, I would bet he can't stay clean, he'll take the roster spot of a guy who probably did everything right and worked hard in the off-season. Bringing Gregory back after so many failed attempts only sends the wrong message to the other players. And what does it say when a guy who wasn't played a down of football in 19 months can come in and "win" a roster spot? This team is a fucking joke.

I think you have the cart before the horse here.

They clearly said they arnt counting on anything from the guy. if a miracle happens, he stays clean, works hard, shows he is in good shape and has a strong camp and preseason, then cross the bridge. He hasn't cost a single dime while he has been suspended and is under a rookie 4 yr deal.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Amen. Jerry can't help himself when it comes to these reclamation projects, though. Besides trying to show how risky he is -- which he gets off on for some reason -- he loves rehabbing these troubled players, whether it be Alonzo Spellman or Pacman or TO or Dez.

But yeah, terrible message to send that no matter how many times you screw up, you always have a place here.

Top Bottom