MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
7 sacks out of a possible 80+ games is pure shit on a grand scale by any measure!

That’s an average of 1 sack every 11th game

Fucking brilliant performance from our coveted star DE

Star? Who the fuck said Gregory was a star? He’s a rotation guy at best. And yes, 6 sacks from your backup DE is a success no matter what way you look at it. You guys are the only ones that fail to see that.

So is Dorrance Armstrong have you 6 sacks off the bench you wouldn’t take that? That’s fucking idiocy.

You guys have some “high and mighty” agenda to kick every weed smoker off the team. Guess what, there would be no NFL if every weed smoker was kicked out of the league.

Also guess what... the new CBA has eliminated suspensions for any failed drug test. OH SHIT!!!! I guess that means you guys are going to stop watching football huh? Maybe we can even change the name of the forum to Bible Beaters Hypocrites fan club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You guys have some “high and mighty” agenda to kick every weed smoker off the team.
Not at all. Just the useless ones who prefer getting high over high performance. Who would rather have weed than millions of dollars. Who can't manage it intelligently. Who have had chance after chance and each time, some other guy who keeps it straight loses a roster spot to a fucking doper. The "agenda" is against Dumb players. Nobody cares if they smoke weed. It's only a problem if the weed smoker is also just a fucking idiot.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
kick every weed smoker off the team
Do we have any weed smokers on the team? You don't know. That's the fucking point. If we do have any they're intelligent enough to not let anyone know. Kind of like Stepnoski was. Remember him?

I don't want DUMB players on the roster. I don't care what they do for recreation. When you walk through the doors at the Star it ain't recreation anymore, it's WORK. If you're a boozer and it affects work? You need to go. If you're a doper and it affects work? I don't want you walking through those doors.

You don't see the point because you're not even reading posts. So you LIE about opposing positions then argue against that lie. That's the straw man fallacy, favorite of the troll toolbox.

NOBODY HERE expresses any religious bent or any "bible beater" agenda. You're just fucking straight-up LYING.

MrB did somebody steal your phone? Never known you to troll like this.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Star? Who the fuck said Gregory was a star? He’s a rotation guy at best. And yes, 6 sacks from your backup DE is a success no matter what way you look at it. You guys are the only ones that fail to see that.

So is Dorrance Armstrong have you 6 sacks off the bench you wouldn’t take that? That’s fucking idiocy.

You guys have some “high and mighty” agenda to kick every weed smoker off the team. Guess what, there would be no NFL if every weed smoker was kicked out of the league.

Also guess what... the new CBA has eliminated suspensions for any failed drug test.

Who knows? Maybe now that weed is legal in the NFL, Gregory could become a star. Remember he was originally supposed to be a top 10 pick before his failed test at the combine. I say we find out.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not at all. Just the useless ones who prefer getting high over high performance. Who would rather have weed than millions of dollars. Who can't manage it intelligently. Who have had chance after chance and each time, some other guy who keeps it straight loses a roster spot to a fucking doper. The "agenda" is against Dumb players. Nobody cares if they smoke weed. It's only a problem if the weed smoker is also just a fucking idiot.

Well, the Jones' don't think Gregory is a idiot and that is why he is still on the team. And the new CBA makes his behavior not against the rules, so he'll continue to be on the roster.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Also guess what... the new CBA has eliminated suspensions for any failed drug test. OH SHIT!!!! I guess that means you guys are going to stop watching football huh? Maybe we can even change the name of the forum to Bible Beaters Hypocrites fan club!

Where to start?

6 games off the bench for a season is great

7 sacks off the bench in possible 80+ games for your ENTIRE 4 YEAR CAREER is a complete and utter failure. There is absolutely no other way to look at it.

We drafted him in 2015.

He’s given us 7 total sacks in four years!

That is pure shit! Complete and utter shit!

There is nothing high and mighty about it. He has been a bust. He has missed almost twice as many games as he’s actually played in. That by every single measure is a failure!

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Where to start?

7 sacks off the bench in possible 80+ games for your ENTIRE 4 YEAR CAREER is a complete and utter failure. There is absolutely no other way to look at it.

We drafted him in 2015.

There is nothing high and mighty about it. He has been a bust. He has missed almost twice as many games as he’s actually played in. That by every single measure is a failure!

7 sacks in 28 games. That is the real number. He has been suspended or injured the rest of the time.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, the Jones' don't think Gregory is a idiot and that is why he is still on the team. And the new CBA makes his behavior not against the rules, so he'll continue to be on the roster.

We have had plenty of idiots on the roster over the years who the Jones’ didn’t think were idiots. I wouldn’t use the Jones’ perceptions of who is and who is not an idiot as a measuring stick

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
7 sacks in 28 games. That is the real number. He has been suspended or injured the rest of the time.

No

That is your imaginary standard of measure

Sure you can choose to ignore the MAJORITY of his career

But that’s not how the “real” world works

He has been as useful to the Cowboys as I have for the majority of his career. Because he has spent the majority of his career doing the same thing I have.

Watching the Cowboys play on TV from my couch!

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We have had plenty of idiots on the roster over the years who the Jones’ didn’t think were idiots. I wouldn’t use the Jones’ perceptions of who is and who is not an idiot as a measuring stick

Fair point. My point was, Gregory isn't going anywhere and now that weed will be legal in the NFL, he'll probably continue to be on the Cowboys for a long time. I personally don't mind.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No

That is your imaginary standard of measure

Sure you can choose to ignore the MAJORITY of his career

But that’s not how the “real” world works

He has been as useful to the Cowboys as I have for the majority of his career. Because he has spent the majority of his career doing the same thing I have.

Watching the Cowboys play on TV from my couch!

Barring injury that won't be the case soon. Then we can find out if he isn't really talented or not. Judging by the fact that most of his sacks came in a less a single season (6 sacks in 14 games in '18) he is at least decent. And as MrB pointed out his contract is SUPER cheap, so if we can get that kind of production out of him it is worth it.

And as I said, he was originally supposed to a top 10 pick, so at least on paper he has the talent to be even better. Now that he can smoke weed at his leisure, maybe he'll turn out to be a great player. It is worth finding out.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The thing is, the Joneses don't care if they have dumb players. It's not a measure they value at all.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Barring injury that won't be the case soon. Then we can find out if he isn't really talented or not. Judging by the fact that most of his sacks came in a less a single season (6 sacks in 14 games in '18) he is at least decent. And as MrB pointed out his contract is SUPER cheap, so if we can get that kind of production out of him it is worth it.

And as I said, he was originally supposed to a top 10 pick, so at least on paper he has the talent to be even better. Now that he can smoke weed at his leisure, maybe he'll turn out to be a great player. It is worth finding out.

Or maybe he will turn out to be an irresponsible piece of shit that smokes weed all day and neglects his responsibilities and obligations. Which is EXACTLY what he has proven himself to be so far for his entire 4 year career!

He chose to miss 52+ games of his 80 game career so he can smoke weed. And that was when he wasn’t allowed to smoke.....

And you think giving him free reign to smoke weed at will is going to allow him to make smarter decisions and become more responsible?

I don’t have a problem with him smoking weed. I have a problem with him choosing it over the team. Which he has done at every single turn. I have a problem with him making bad decisions, and being an idiot. I have a problem with him consciously choosing to smoke knowing full well that he will get suspended AGAIN (and this last time permanently) and not be available on game day for the majority of his career.

Giving Gregory permission to smoke weed at will isn’t going to make his decision making better, it’s going to make it worse!

He made his choice, and his choice wasn’t to play for the Cowboys!

That is my problem with Randy Gregory

Last edited:

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Or maybe he will turn out to be an irresponsible piece of shit that smokes weed all day and neglects his responsibilities and obligations. Which is EXACTLY what he has proven himself to be so far for his entire 4 year career!

He chose to miss 52+ games of his 80 game career so he can smoke weed. And that was when he wasn’t allowed to smoke.....

And you think giving him free reign to smoke weed at will is going to allow him to make smarter decisions and become more responsible?

What it will do is get him on the football field and that is name of the game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What it will do is get him on the football field and that is name of the game.

Until his next self inflicted wound

He is an idiot and will miss games because of some dumb decision he will make in the future

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe now that weed is legal in the NFL, Gregory could become a star. Remember he was originally supposed to be a top 10 pick before his failed test at the combine. I say we find out.

That’s exactly my point. The rule is being changed. There will no longer be any threat of him being suspended again for failing a drug test.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Where to start?

We drafted him in 2015.

Over 4 years yes you are correct, that’s shit. There’s no way around that. But we also know that when he did play a full season (the last season he played) he got 6 sacks as a rotation DE. So we know he’s productive when he gets to play. He also makes basically the same as Dorrance Armstrong who really hasn’t done shit since he’s been here. I understand he’s an idiot and cares more about weed than making millions of dollars. But the fact is he has shown in a full season that he can be productive. Now the one thing he was getting suspended for is no longer a suspendible action and considering what he’s making I don’t see a problem with bringing him back to see if he can earn a spot in the rotation. I personally don’t give a crap if he’s an idiot if he can play. Like I said earlier, I’m sick of the “RKG’s”.

And as for being a troll (specifically to Dooms), I’m not trolling. I just have a different opinion than you and I’m voicing it. Do you prefer for everyone in here to agree on everything and it be one big circle jerk? I sure don’t.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

I trust McCarthy. He’s seen the film and knows the history. If he’s ok with bringing him back then so am I.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And as for being a troll (specifically to Dooms), I’m not trolling. I just have a different opinion than you and I’m voicing it. Do you prefer for everyone in here to agree on everything and it be one big circle jerk? I sure don’t.
You're doing it yet again. Ignoring what I said and substituting a false narrative. That's what trolls do. Nobody said anything at all about differing opinions. The meter is, you mis-state what others say then argue against a point they never made. That's being a dishonest broker.

Stop lying about what people write!

Top Bottom