MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That would double his career total!

Actually he has 7 career sacks. He had 6 in 2018. The guy it sounds like you’re talking about is Dorrance Armstrong. In 2 seasons he has less than half the numbers that Gregory has and is getting paid the same. That may be a guy that you want to look at replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I totally get the “lack of accountability” aspect. Neither of us know though what goes on behind the curtain. There is a reason that they have allowed Randy Gregory to still be at the facility even though he has been suspended. They didn’t do that with David Irving. They cut Irving and have not allowed him back in the training facility. Irving is everything you have been saying you dislike. There is something different going on with Gregory though. Gregory’s issue seems to be more about mental health and David Irving is clearly more about laziness and just a desire to smoke weed.

The Cowboys didn't cut Irving. He failed yet another drug test and decided to quit. That's what these guys do. They're unreliable. Irving was still on the roster even after multiple failed drug. To compensate for losing Irvin, the Cowboys had to reach for Trysten Hill. These dumb players have consequence for a team. Ask yourself this.....would Irving or Gregory still be with NE or a BB coached team? It sends the wrong message to the other players and makes the coaches job harder.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You aren't on an island. I'm 1000% percent with you. I'm sick of "the right kind of guys" thing too. Especially, when it came from Garrett or when it comes from Stephen or any of their media mouthpieces. The right kind of guys are the kinda guys that win us football games.

This isn't about the RKG. You can't win with a dumb player who can't stay on the field.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gregory’s issue seems to be more about mental health and David Irving is clearly more about laziness and just a desire to smoke weed

The mental health meme has been thrown around with Gregory as an excuse for his conduct. There are meds out there for guys who have bi-polar disorders or real mental health issues. Randy Gregory is a drug addict. Plain and simple.

But that's OK too. Legalize drugs and thin the herd. Survival of the fittest. Randy Gregory's addiction has opened the door and provided opportunities for other players, even if they suck (see Hill, Trysten).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Actually he has 7 career sacks. He had 6 in 2018. The guy it sounds like you’re talking about is Dorrance Armstrong. In 2 seasons he has less than half the numbers that Gregory has and is getting paid the same. That may be a guy that you want to look at replacing.

We don't actually have ANY productive DL guys. But that's not even the point. The doper ain't and hasn't been productive. And will never be.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was just listening to a podcast and they stated that the new CBA as currently proposed will increase the current limit of 35 Nano-grams of THC allowed to 150 nano-grams allowed. For comparisons sake they mentioned that most states consider 50 nano-grams as too intoxicated to drive. So the NFL will allow their athletes to walk around with a daily THC limit that is three times what most states consider too impaired to drive.

For those of you they think Gregory and Irving wouldn’t abuse that rule are just fooling yourselves. Plain and simple

The podcast also mentioned that it will be a fixed testing date of 2 weeks prior to the start of the season and that instead of testing the prior four months, the test will only cover the prior 2 weeks.

The way the new rules are set up they are looking at it from a strictly recreational standpoint. There are no stipulations from a medicinal or mental health use standpoint.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
An addict who can't help himself? LOL. This is like Randy Marsh calling his alcoholism a "disease."

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was just listening to a podcast and they stated that the new CBA as currently proposed will increase the current limit of 35 Nano-grams of THC allowed to 150 nano-grams allowed. For comparisons sake they mentioned that most states consider 50 nano-grams as too intoxicated to drive. So the NFL will allow their athletes to walk around with a daily THC limit that is three times what most states consider too impaired to drive.

For those of you they think Gregory and Irving wouldn’t abuse that rule are just fooling yourselves. Plain and simple

The podcast also mentioned that it will be a fixed testing date of 2 weeks prior to the start of the season and that instead of testing the prior four months, the test will only cover the prior 2 weeks.

The way the new rules are set up they are looking at it from a strictly recreational standpoint. There are no stipulations from a medicinal or mental health use standpoint.
from what ive read

those 2 weeks should be all a player needs to pass the test. even if they are a regular smoker

its possible to pass a test (be under the nanogram threshold) after smoking the day before, but theres not much of a consistency w/ the results

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
No goal posts being moved. My point is, they guy still has talent and for the amount they are paying him he’s worth the risk (in my opinion). I don’t care that he’s not an RKG. This team needs talent on defense. Even if all he gets is 5 sacks, for the amount they are paying him that’s a win. So what if he’s an idiot, he can play. Of course he would still need to earn his spot on the team in training camp.

Yeah, I'm just trolling you cause you told the same story in the 2nd post as the one I responded to. Repeating the same thing doesn't change my mind.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
from what ive read

those 2 weeks should be all a player needs to pass the test. even if they are a regular smoker

its possible to pass a test (be under the nanogram threshold) after smoking the day before, but theres not much of a consistency w/ the results

My buddy was an EMT and smoked regularly. He passed every single test with much stricter standards than what the NFL has. It’s not hard to do

Gregory was just too stupid to even do what it took to pass his drug tests

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The mental health meme has been thrown around with Gregory as an excuse for his conduct. There are meds out there for guys who have bi-polar disorders or real mental health issues. Randy Gregory is a drug addict. Plain and simple.

But that's OK too. Legalize drugs and thin the herd. Survival of the fittest. Randy Gregory's addiction has opened the door and provided opportunities for other players, even if they suck (see Hill, Trysten).

Not everyone wants to take opiates and other pharmaceuticals. That stuff is WAY harder on your body (specifically your liver and kidneys) than weed is.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We don't actually have ANY productive DL guys. But that's not even the point. The doper ain't and hasn't been productive. And will never be.

You don’t call 6 sacks from a backup DE productive?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You don’t call 6 sacks from a backup DE productive?

The more relevant question: Do you?

Why is he a backup? Oh yeah, because weed is more important. Get the clue. If you sign him you're just an enabler. He's gonna give you the absolute minimum it takes, to keep the checks coming. No more.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I have gone back and forth on players that smoke pot. Out of all the things that the NFL SHOULD be testing for that can be life-threatening. Pot ain't one of them. In fact, I would put it on the list that alcohol is. It is stupid and at this stage the benefits for anyone having to hit and be hit like a Mack Truck for the season after season far outweigh any negative I can think of. That said, it is a no-no and Randy is a dumb ass, and I've said that multiple times. If you want to do X and X involves not doing Y, A, D, l and Z. Then fucking stop doing that so you can do X.

It really is that simple and easy to not do something. Remove it from your life like the cancer that it is. Human, drug, animal, mineral or vegetable.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The more relevant question: Do you?

Yes, 6 sacks is a productive season for a backup DE. You would be the only one that doesn’t seem to think that.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He had at least two sacks taken away by dubious officiating. He has a bullseye on his back that other druggies do not.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not everyone wants to take opiates and other pharmaceuticals. That stuff is WAY harder on your body (specifically your liver and kidneys) than weed is.

So the only and absolutely final solution to Gregory's problems is weed......there is no other legal drug, non-opioid included, that will work....just weed and only weed.....something that's again the rules in his profession and against Federal law. How fitting. But that's not how things work in life.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes, 6 sacks is a productive season for a backup DE.
Good ole taco had 5 last year. The definition of "productive" is apparently in question.

1.) Are you a backup because you're not productive, or are you "productive" only as a backup?
2.) Are you a doper because you're stupid, or are you stupid due to being a doper?

Chicken and the egg.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yes, 6 sacks is a productive season for a backup DE. You would be the only one that doesn’t seem to think that.

7 sacks out of a possible 80+ games is pure shit on a grand scale by any measure!

That’s an average of 1 sack every 11th game

Fucking brilliant performance from our coveted star DE

Top Bottom