Pro Bowler
Reaction score
79a77e886ab1094f50f99e54f8c89675.jpg

83% of Cowboy fans want Dez back too

That doesn’t mean it’s a good idea

America's Team

Spectator
Reaction score
Dez coming back to Dallas can only make sense in the mind of a demented old man.

So, yes, he probably will.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well once again, get used to it because he’s going to be reinstated and he’s going to be here for at least the 2020 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says who?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Says who?

The Cowboys, when they resigned him after he was suspended. He has talent and cost almost nothing. They are going to bring him back (he actually never left) and give him a shot at making the team in camp.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll only feel optimistic about this if the new CBA turns a blind eye to weed. Otherwise, get ready for another suspension.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'll only feel optimistic about this if the new CBA turns a blind eye to weed. Otherwise, get ready for another suspension.

That is why there is talk of Irving coming back too. Gregory and Irving (albeit in different situations) consume weed. Being that the new CBA is rumored to not have care if you consume weed, it is no coincidence that we are hearing those guys names come up.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That is why there is talk of Irving coming back too. Gregory and Irving (albeit in different situations) consume weed. Being that the new CBA is rumored to not have care if you consume weed, it is no coincidence that we are hearing those guys names come up.

Both of these players “chose” to smoke weed over playing for the Cowboys. I want nothing to do with either of them.

Even if weed becomes acceptable with the new CBA!

The fact is that they will still choose weed over the Cowboys. And with no restrictions on their consumption they will continue to choose weed over the Cowboys. Even more so than before.

Instead of the choice being smoking weed knowing you will be suspended or play for the Cowboys, these two both chose weed. Hell, David Irving left the NFL specifically to smoke weed!

Now the choice they will have is get high or go to practice, smoke weed or get on the plane for the game, smoke weed or show up to medical, smoke weed or blah blah blah....

You get the point. If these two idiots chose to smoke weed instead of play for the Cowboys what makes you think anything is going to change, if not get worse when these two halfwits have free range to smoke all the weed they want?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Cowboys, when they resigned him after he was suspended. He has talent and cost almost nothing. They are going to bring him back (he actually never left) and give him a shot at making the team in camp.

He might be brought back If he gets reinstated but neither you or anyone else know if he will. And it didn't cost the Cowboys almost nothing. Randy Gregory's addiction forced the team to trade for Robert Quinn. Randy has a problem. It's an addiction. And legalizing weed won't solve his problem.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
He might be brought back If he gets reinstated but neither you or anyone else know if he will. And it didn't cost the Cowboys almost nothing. Randy Gregory's addiction forced the team to trade for Robert Quinn. Randy has a problem. It's an addiction. And legalizing weed won't solve his problem.

Correct, and like any addiction, the addicted party must want to quit. Not need to quit, or be mandated to quit, such as court ordered rehab, or in this case possibly league mandated.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Less than $1 mil a season is pretty much nothing in terms of NFL money. Also trading for Quinn was a win for Dallas not a loss. What did they give up for a Quinn, a 6th round pick? Again, basically nothing.

I understand the anger his stupidity causes you and some others but you can’t say that having Randy Gregory at the amount they are paying him is a lose/lose for the Cowboys. They are paying guys mire than Gregory that will likely have much less of an impact this year.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You get the point. If these two idiots chose to smoke weed instead of play for the Cowboys what makes you think anything is going to change, if not get worse when these two halfwits have free range to smoke all the weed they want?

Oh they'll both be complete potheads. The Jones' belief seems to be as long as they can suit up on gameday, it doesn't matter that they are potheads.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Less than $1 mil a season is pretty much nothing in terms of NFL money. Also trading for Quinn was a win for Dallas not a loss. What did they give up for a Quinn, a 6th round pick? Again, basically nothing.

I understand the anger his stupidity causes you and some others but you can’t say that having Randy Gregory at the amount they are paying him is a lose/lose for the Cowboys. They are paying guys mire than Gregory that will likely have much less of an impact this year.

Wins and losses are not always based on money. There are other factors to consider when making decisions on dumb, addicted and unreliable players. First, there's a lack of accountability in the locker room when players like Gregory are allowed to be so unreliable yet still have a (potential) place with the team. It's a snowball effect on the rest of the locker. These type of dumb and unaccountable players are a cancer.

And I'm not angry about Gregory or anyone else for that matter. The guy was deserving of a second chance and we all make mistakes. But at some point, I want a football team where the priority of the players is football and winning football games. The team doesn't need Irving and it doesn't need Gregory and it doesn't need their baggage. If they do, then they also need to fire clowns like McClay for the talent gap. Gregory shouldn't be hard to replace. Hell, I can replace him just by being available on game day and I'd take half his salary.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

The fuck?
Pretty sure Robert Quinn didn't work for free last year, nor will he this year, if we can keep him.
I'm not mad at Gregory, I'm mad at a business owner/GM who hasn't got enough sense to cut his losses and move on. Jones enables Gregory's behavior to stroke his own ego.
This is a mental health issue.
Also see Lorenzo Spellman and Demetrius Underwood.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The fuck?
Pretty sure Robert Quinn didn't work for free last year, nor will he this year, if we can keep him.
I'm not mad at Gregory, I'm mad at a business owner/GM who hasn't got enough sense to cut his losses and move on. Jones enables Gregory's behavior to stroke his own ego.
This is a mental health issue.
Also see Lorenzo Spellman and Demetrius Underwood.

There have been plenty of guys in the NFL that have had mental health issues and have been extremely productive.

I guess maybe I’m on an island here when I say, I’m sick and tired of the “right kind of guys”. Gregory is a Jerry project. If it were up to Red he would have been cut years ago. I personally don’t give a crap about having a team full of choirboys. I want guys that have talent and can play, Gregory is one of those guys. Is he an idiot? Sure he is. Is he disruptive coming off the edge? Absolutely he is. And he costs almost nothing!

Oh, and Robert Quinn is still far more productive than any 6th round pick last year. Even by paying him that was still a win/win for Dallas.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Wins and losses are not always based on money. There are other factors to consider when making decisions on dumb, addicted and unreliable players. First, there's a lack of accountability in the locker room when players like Gregory are allowed to be so unreliable yet still have a (potential) place with the team. It's a snowball effect on the rest of the locker. These type of dumb and unaccountable players are a cancer.

And I'm not angry about Gregory or anyone else for that matter. The guy was deserving of a second chance and we all make mistakes. But at some point, I want a football team where the priority of the players is football and winning football games. The team doesn't need Irving and it doesn't need Gregory and it doesn't need their baggage. If they do, then they also need to fire clowns like McClay for the talent gap. Gregory shouldn't be hard to replace. Hell, I can replace him just by being available on game day and I'd take half his salary.

I totally get the “lack of accountability” aspect. Neither of us know though what goes on behind the curtain. There is a reason that they have allowed Randy Gregory to still be at the facility even though he has been suspended. They didn’t do that with David Irving. They cut Irving and have not allowed him back in the training facility. Irving is everything you have been saying you dislike. There is something different going on with Gregory though. Gregory’s issue seems to be more about mental health and David Irving is clearly more about laziness and just a desire to smoke weed.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There have been plenty of guys in the NFL that have had mental health issues and have been extremely productive.

I guess maybe I’m on an island here when I say, I’m sick and tired of the “right kind of guys”. Gregory is a Jerry project. If it were up to Red he would have been cut years ago. I personally don’t give a crap about having a team full of choirboys. I want guys that have talent and can play, Gregory is one of those guys. Is he an idiot? Sure he is. Is he disruptive coming off the edge? Absolutely he is. And he costs almost nothing!

You aren't on an island. I'm 1000% percent with you. I'm sick of "the right kind of guys" thing too. Especially, when it came from Garrett or when it comes from Stephen or any of their media mouthpieces. The right kind of guys are the kinda guys that win us football games.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If he is reinstated, you KNOW jerry will bring him back to "save face" (if that's even the right expression).

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Oh, and Robert Quinn is still far more productive than any 6th round pick last year. Even by paying him that was still a win/win for Dallas.

Way to move the goal posts.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Way to move the goal posts.

No goal posts being moved. My point is, they guy still has talent and for the amount they are paying him he’s worth the risk (in my opinion). I don’t care that he’s not an RKG. This team needs talent on defense. Even if all he gets is 5 sacks, for the amount they are paying him that’s a win. So what if he’s an idiot, he can play. Of course he would still need to earn his spot on the team in training camp.

Top Bottom