Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You'd need to be more specific.
It can't be any more specific - only idiots are overhyping him. He's a dumb doper who hasn't done jack shit. Therefore ANY hype on him is overhype.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It can't be any more specific - only idiots are overhyping him. He's a dumb doper who hasn't done jack shit. Therefore ANY hype on him is overhype.

Nobody is hyping him Dooms, except like I said maybe a handful of retards at CZ.

Nobody in the media even remotely talks about him. Even the guys that cover the team hardly mention him, except to say he is trying to get reinstated.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
If he gets re-instated, will he even be in football shape to make the team? I liked him at NE and thought he was worth the risk in the 2nd but had no idea he would continue to get high.

If he is let back in and as fast as he was in college, he could be a good situational edge rusher but that is all questionable. I am assuming he's stayed in reasonable football shape as they've been standing beside him throughout this adventure.

I am damned glad I didn't get any of his weed because that's some strong wacky tobacky to give up millions to get stoned.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nobody is hyping him Dooms, except like I said maybe a handful of retards at CZ.

Nobody in the media even remotely talks about him. Even the guys that cover the team hardly mention him, except to say he is trying to get reinstated.

Of course, nobody's hyping any Dallas player at the moment.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
he definitely wildcat on this one.
but draft capital is spent, lets hope for the best.
i was hoping some may have heard more about him - whether drug tests or staying in shape etc.
The last thing I read about him was he was going to NY to meet with Goodell. I think Goodell asked for the Classics Illustrated of his reinstatement request, which is reportedly 2K pages long.

I think 1,999 pages are I WILL NOT SMOKE DOPE, repeatedly in 10 font and the last page an 8/10 autographed photo of his new head. Since he stopped smoking and holding it in for so long, his head has gone back to normal size for his body. The bobblehead doll makers are disappointed as he was a natural.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The last thing I read about him was he was going to NY to meet with Goodell. I think Goodell asked for the Classics Illustrated of his reinstatement request, which is reportedly 2K pages long.

I think 1,999 pages are I WILL NOT SMOKE DOPE, repeatedly in 10 font and the last page an 8/10 autographed photo of his new head. Since he stopped smoking and holding it in for so long, his head has gone back to normal size for his body. The bobblehead doll makers are disappointed as he was a natural.

big ass head?

you talking about zeke now?

Reaction score
Expectations For Gregory & Irving?

I can not believe the Cowboys are still wasting with players that are unreliable or unavailable.

Super Bowl Teams have what Parcell's called availability. This is something that hurts Sean Lee career and made Jason Witten a Hall of Fame players. However, availability is based on avoiding injuries and ability to play when hurt. You can avoid availability issues by thoroughly reviewing and screening health problems. However Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, and Jaylon Smith were drafted with availability issues. This is a bad draft philosophy that rarely pays off.

However, unreliability can be avoided totally. David Irving was suspended in college and has been suspended multiple times in the pros. That is why a talent like his was not drafted and swiped off the practice squad by the Cowboys. Randy Gregory also was suspended in college and multiple times in the pros.

You can not get continuity on defense, offense or special teams with unreliable and unavailable players. Therefore you can not build championship teams with unreliable and unavailable players.

This is a management of personnel issue that the Cowboys (Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and Will McClay) have to change. No Greg Hardy's, Alonzo Spellman, Pac Man Jones, Irving, Gregory, and one legged linebackers.

NFL stands for Not For Long especially if you are unreliable or unavailable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can not believe the Cowboys are still wasting with players that are unreliable or unavailable.
Why can't you believe it? It's a long-established pattern in Dallas, as your examples show.

Believe it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dbair disagrees but I expect very little impact from Gregory. One sack in 14 games so far. As for Irving I expect some new issue to come up which will be some kind of distraction or injury that only gets him on the field for 7 or 8 games. In other words, incredibly low expectations.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My expectations for the both of them?

Don’t get high

Nice and simple

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My expectations for the both of them?

Don’t get high

Nice and simple
That's ADVICE.

If you expect them not to get high, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale for you.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Irving: will return to the team out of shape and won't have an impact till WK 7.
Gregory: no expectations.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The dysfunctional or injured player to Jerry is like a penny stock. In Jerry's mind he can afford to gamble with the pick because he views it like powerball or playing the numbers. Pre draft prep is like Jerry's Sneeky Pete.

Reaction score
The dysfunctional or injured player to Jerry is like a penny stock. In Jerry's mind he can afford to gamble with the pick because he views it like powerball or playing the numbers. Pre draft prep is like Jerry's Sneeky Pete.

Since 1994, this has been the personnel strategy. It has never worked with any player. Sean Lee is a great player when he is on the field. But that has never been for a full season his entire time with the Cowboys and he got contract extensions. As for as the Irving and Gregory type players that has been embarrassing to the Cowboys brand.

The one time the "jocks and socks" GM passed on a troubled player it was Randy Moss who was not troubled during his tenure at Marshall. But Jerry choose Greg Ellis. The rest is Hall of Fame and draft history.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Since 1994, this has been the personnel strategy. It has never worked with any player. Sean Lee is a great player when he is on the field. But that has never been for a full season his entire time with the Cowboys and he got contract extensions. As for as the Irving and Gregory type players that has been embarrassing to the Cowboys brand.

The one time the "jocks and socks" GM passed on a troubled player it was Randy Moss who was not troubled during his tenure at Marshall. But Jerry choose Greg Ellis. The rest is Hall of Fame and draft history.

So you are saying hope isnt a plan?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dbair disagrees but I expect very little impact from Gregory. One sack in 14 games so far. As for Irving I expect some new issue to come up which will be some kind of distraction or injury that only gets him on the field for 7 or 8 games. In other words, incredibly low expectations.

I don't necessarily disagree, I just know Gregory showed some top-notch talent when we got him. He has explosive traits.

Now does he have them still after all this time off? Have no idea. Hopefully he has cleaned himself up and works his ass off in camp (assuming he is reinstated) and maybe he can have a role here. Probably a longshot after the missed time though.

Not expecting much from Irving this year either. By all accounts he's had a washout offseason so far and he'll be missing the first 4 games of the season (again)

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
No real, high expectations. Also, if either one committed suicide, I wouldn't care.

Top Bottom