Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Randy Gregory has been reinstated

I give him 2-3 weeks into training camp before he pulls a hammy or ends up with a high ankle sprain

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
True

But he has passed all his tests since being suspended for the entire season.

So ha has a good back log of passed tests under his belt finally. Only time will tell if he has grown up or if he is still going to shit the bed again once he gets his first game check

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Habits are hard to break. He'll get comfortable and think everything is cool so I wouldnt be surprised at all. Time will tell.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's got an uphill battle to make the team even if he does stay clean. He's apparently done a great job getting his life in order, but he simply hasn't played much football and we have pretty good depth at DE already.

That said, if he can come in and perform like he did his rookie training camp and preseason he can definitely help. He has (or had) explosive pass rush talent and speed.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
weve all seen the snippet updates of gregory for a while. he's clean, hes working out etc etc.. ... .

i tried to find the tweet but i saw that he was training with a former oakland raiders player.

iirc there was a former cowboys pass rusher (haley?) that tried to mentor gregory but said that he is basically a lost cause and wont take to his mentorship. wasnt he even living with him or setting up meetings together?

gregory would do well to put on a few pounds (which has reportedly been difficult for his body type), listen to marinelli and just mirror dlaw as much as possible

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's got an uphill battle to make the team even if he does stay clean. He's apparently done a great job getting his life in order, but he simply hasn't played much football and we have pretty good depth at DE already.

That said, if he can come in and perform like he did his rookie training camp and preseason he can definitely help. He has (or had) explosive pass rush talent and speed.

He is Jerry’s pet cat. So he will make the team regardless of performance. Jerry has put too much time and money into his failed career to give up on him now. in Jerry’s mind he needs this Gregory situation to be a win. Cutting him would prove Jerry was wrong about him all along. So that’s not going to happen

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
He is Jerry’s pet cat. So he will make the team regardless of performance. Jerry has put too much time and money into his failed career to give up on him now. in Jerry’s mind he needs this Gregory situation to be a win. Cutting him would prove Jerry was wrong about him all along. So that’s not going to happen

EXACTLY

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Nut shell of the last 23 years.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe we will get lucky and he will double his career sack total this season with his second career sack!

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Habits are hard to break. He'll get comfortable and think everything is cool so I wouldnt be surprised at all. Time will tell.

Yeah, but if his only problem was weed, I give him a good shot at turning it around, and keeping it that way. The bigger question is can he still play? Let's face it, our only hope is defense this year. Let's hope all the stars align perfectly this year and the D is top notch. We have some great potential on D. If that doesn't happen we're looking at another 6-10 to 8-8 season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah sorry, not buying it.

The only reason he was here as long as he has been is because he wasn't taking up a roster spot or counting towards the cap.

If he doesn't perform, he wont make the team. This isn't the Chan Gailey/Dave Campo years anymore. Smarter people that Jerry are making personnel decisions.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i just wanna type this out again so it sinks in

"...Randy Gregory is scheduled to meet with a league doctor Thursday morning to determine whether he gets a chance to start the season with the Cowboys on Sept. 9 or HE GETS SUSPENDED AGAIN..."

so he got high again and failed another test and now theyre trying to figure out if the doctor will let him say it was a mental health thing to avoid punishment

bank on gregory getting suspended again

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
i just wanna type this out again so it sinks in

"...Randy Gregory is scheduled to meet with a league doctor Thursday morning to determine whether he gets a chance to start the season with the Cowboys on Sept. 9 or HE GETS SUSPENDED AGAIN..."

so he got high again and failed another test and now theyre trying to figure out if the doctor will let him say it was a mental health thing to avoid punishment

bank on gregory getting suspended again

Anybody Shocked? Surprised?

Top Bottom