What is latest on Randy Gregory - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is latest on Randy Gregory

1. Back To Top    #181
    AND.........................They got 1 sack out of him!

2. Back To Top    #182

What is latest on Randy Gregory

The latest report out this morning is now stating that there was no relapse in August according to Gregory, his agent, and Jeruh.

Jeruh also announced that Gregory will be available for the game vs the NYG on Sunday even after suffering both a concussion and an apparent knee injury in the last game.

3. Back To Top    #183
    My avatar is my Cocker Spaniel pup named COWBOY. This always happens to him after he watches the first half of Jason Garrett's offensive game plan.

4. Back To Top    #184
    Good article up on ESPN.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboysí doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    ó Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

5. Back To Top    #185
    the most shocking thing from the entire randy gregory piece on ESPN ???

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN Article
    Dallas owner Jerry Jones declined to be interviewed for this story.

6. Back To Top    #186
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    Good article up on ESPN.
    I really liked it.

I'm happy for Randy. Hope he keeps it up.

7. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  8. Back To Top    #187
    I know it isn't very popular, the opinion in the above post. I understand why people dislike him.

9. Props TheZoneSucks gave props for this post
  10. Back To Top    #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
    I know it isn't very popular, the opinion in the above post. I understand why people dislike him.
    Most of us are happy for the man Randy Gregory, but this hasn't been worth the hassle for what has been a mostly problematic player that shows flashes of potential. We'd rather just stick with the LVE type players who come in and kick ass without causing drama.

11. Appreciation Trouty, yimyammer appreciated this post
    Props NoMoRedJ gave props for this post
  12. Back To Top    #189
    Quote Originally Posted by TheZoneSucks View Post
    Most of us are happy for the man Randy Gregory, but this hasn't been worth the hassle for what has been a mostly problematic player that shows flashes of potential. We'd rather just stick with the LVE type players who come in and kick ass without causing drama.
    Definitely love the LVE's. Between the two types, it's a no-brainer for me, too, TZS.

The sunken cost of waiting (suspensions) for the RG selection to bare fruit, plus the current, ongoing fear of suspension that can happen any day, vs. selecting a player that would have been a contributor for the last 2 years and not this huge distraction, I completely understand how that is upsetting to folks.

I hope that we get the ROI on him that is expected, that he stays on the field. I imagine if he's that perennial 10-12+ sack guy, the 2 year RG mess will be an easier pill to swallow for those who are not in love with RG the player.

13. Props TheZoneSucks gave props for this post
  14. Back To Top    #190

15. Appreciation Trouty appreciated this post
    Props TheZoneSucks gave props for this post
  16. Back To Top    #191
    His play really picked up against HOU. I remember him running Watson down from behind on a big third down. He had the most tackles of the DL (tied). The following week he got his first sack and had a solid game vs. Jax. His snaps fluctuate greatly, tho, game to game.

That was an awesome clip, icup. He has freak athleticism. There's a seemingly high ceiling. I hope he reaches it. He must remain available.

Edit -- I'll leave it at this for me. Wait and see what he does against the Eagles. Hopefully zero costly penalties.
    Last edited by Trouty; 12-05-2018 at 08:39 AM.

17. Back To Top    #192
    Anywhere On The Line SixisBetter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
    I don't dislike Gregory, I'm pulling for him.
    But his problem is not easily solved, and frankly he may battle it for some time to come.
    "Winning is a great deodorant"-John Madden

18. Appreciation Trouty, yimyammer appreciated this post
  19. Back To Top    #193
    Quote Originally Posted by SixisBetter View Post
    I don't dislike Gregory, I'm pulling for him.
    But his problem is not easily solved, and frankly he may battle it for some time to come.
    He will likely battle it for the rest of his life. A major reason though why he wonít be able to command a lot of money when heís a free agent. Theyíll be able to sign him cheap if they want. I believe 1 more strike and itís a lifetime ban for him.

20. Back To Top    #194
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    He will likely battle it for the rest of his life.
    Battle what exactly? Marijuana isn't addictive, according to everything we're told. What he can't battle is his native stupidity. Too stupid to lay off the weed when you know the combine tests? Too stupid to knock it off when you know camp is coming? Too stupid to not wipe out the punter after a great defensive stop, on a play where a block wasn't even called? Too stupid to not argue vociferously with the officials after that obvious blatant foul?

His problem is STUPIDITY and not only can it not be cured, or even battled - it deserves exactly ZERO empathy.

He is a fucking idiot who should be stocking shelves at Wal-Mart, not making millions for the actual very little he does on the field. But he wouldn't even be able to work at Wal-Mart... They fucking drug test too.

I fail to understand why anyone feels in any way sorry for this stupid fuck, or "pull for him." I'm pulling for him to get CUT, or pop an Achilles.
    COWBOYS UNDERGROUND

21. Back To Top    #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    Battle what exactly? Marijuana isn't addictive, according to everything we're told. What he can't battle is his native stupidity. Too stupid to lay off the weed when you know the combine tests? Too stupid to knock it off when you know camp is coming? Too stupid to not wipe out the punter after a great defensive stop, on a play where a block wasn't even called? Too stupid to not argue vociferously with the officials after that obvious blatant foul?

His problem is STUPIDITY and not only can it not be cured, or even battled - it deserves exactly ZERO empathy.

He is a fucking idiot who should be stocking shelves at Wal-Mart, not making millions for the actual very little he does on the field. But he wouldn't even be able to work at Wal-Mart... They fucking drug test too.

I fail to understand why anyone feels in any way sorry for this stupid fuck, or "pull for him." I'm pulling for him to get CUT, or pop an Achilles.
    No, not battle weed. Why would anyone battle weed, that stuffs awesome. And no, stupidity is not his issue. Mental illness is his issue. Heís bipolar and yes he will battle that his entire life. Have you ever known anyone thatís bipolar? If theyíre not on their meds, trust me you donít want to be around them.

As for the mistakes in the Saints game, yea he fucked up. Should Garrett punish him for it? Of course he should. Will he? I doubt it. Players make mistakes, that shit happens. He was trying to make a play on the kick and fucked up. And I still donít think he was lined up offsides on the other penalty. They won the game, so fucking get over it. Over the course of the year heís probably been one of the least penalized guys on the team. He hasnít made any mistakes on or off the field this whole season. Considering this was his first full year back heís actually had a good season.

Does this mean heís not going to fuck up again? Nope, he probably will to be honest. But right now he hasnít been bad other thank one fuck up while trying to make a play.

22. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post

Members who have read this thread: 36