What is latest on Randy Gregory - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 218

Thread: What is latest on Randy Gregory

  1. Back To Top    #196
    Spectator MI Cowboy Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Merritt Island FL
    Posts
    36
    Have you guys seen this?:

    Dallas Cowboys' Randy Gregory talks about being 'in a real bad place'

    It's a good read, the kid has been thru alot.... And yes, I'm pulling for him, I have a friend with bi-polar, it's a full time battle..... And he is a freak athlete, and when he came back this year, so could see he's has been in the gym, he's alot BIGGER up top!

  2. Back To Top    #197
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    14,990
    Ohhhhh I see. He's BIPOLAR and THAT'S why he can't let go of the non-addictive weed for five minutes! Shoulda KNOWN.

    You fucks didn't even move the needle. Gregory's a stupid fuck who doesn't deserve to wear the star. Or any other NFL hat.
    COWBOYS UNDERGROUND

  3. lulz yimyammer lulz'd this
  4. Back To Top    #198
    Administrator bbgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13,217
    Randy Marsh (on alcoholism): "I'm sick. I have a disease."

    Stan Marsh: "No, Dad. You just have to drink less. It's very simple."

  5. Back To Top    #199
    Super Moderator Dodger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by MI Cowboy Fan View Post
    Have you guys seen this?:

    Dallas Cowboys' Randy Gregory talks about being 'in a real bad place'

    It's a good read, the kid has been thru alot.... And yes, I'm pulling for him, I have a friend with bi-polar, it's a full time battle..... And he is a freak athlete, and when he came back this year, so could see he's has been in the gym, he's alot BIGGER up top!
    I'm not buying it. But where in the article did it say anything about bipolar?

  6. Appreciation Doomsday appreciated this post
  7. Back To Top    #200
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    14,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    I'm not buying it. But where in the article did it say anything about bipolar?
    Yeah I read it too, no mention of it as part of his sob story.

    We all have problems and issues. Some of us are intelligent enough to succeed in spite of them, without becoming a burden/problem for others. Charles Haley was bipolar, he was intelligent enough to manage it. Stepnoski was a heavy dope smoker, he was intelligent enough to manage it.

    And neither used either item as an excuse. Ever.

    People want to fall in love with these "hard luck" players. I think their "luck" is pretty fucking good considering they get to suit up and play a game and make millions doing it. There's only 1500-plus people on the fucking planet who have that privilege.

    I don't have any pity or empathy for any of the problem ones who are too fucking stupid to manage their problem. I don't buy into the social justice crap or the cult of grievance associated with these stupid players. The problem is STUPIDITY and there's no treatment or cure.

  8. Appreciation Dodger12, dbair1967 appreciated this post
    Props Dodger12 gave props for this post
  9. Back To Top    #201
    Cheerleader Dupree89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    326
    obviously a very low football IQ, does some of the dumbest things during the course of a game.
    My avatar is my Cocker Spaniel pup named COWBOY. This always happens to him after he watches the first half of Jason Garrett's offensive game plan.

  10. Back To Top    #202
    Draft Pick English Cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree89 View Post
    obviously a very low football IQ, does some of the dumbest things during the course of a game.
    Whenever I see him interviewed, he always speaks intelligently and thoughtfully, unlike most football players who can barely string a coherent sentence together. Comes across as very likeable as well. Which makes it all the more baffling and frustrating when he does some dumb shit during every game.

  11. Back To Top    #203
    Cheerleader Dustdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    319
    Is he an idiot? Has he done some stupid things on the field and in life? Probably.

    In his defense on the field, those mistakes were aggressive mistakes. He was at least trying to make a play. He does seem to be around the QB an awful lot this year.

    I do think it's worth remembering he's one mistake away from being completely gone. Just one. I wouldn't depend on him too heavily for that reason. I really wish him the best and hope he turns it around for good. But he''s one joint away from being gone permanently and probably will be the rest of his career.


  12. Back To Top    #204
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    14,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    Is he an idiot? Has he done some stupid things on the field and in life? Probably.

    In his defense on the field, those mistakes were aggressive mistakes. He was at least trying to make a play.
    No, they were stupid. Dumb players do dumb things. On the punt, we had NO RUSH called. That means we let them punt it away if the play is going off without issues.

    "Aggressive mistakes" sounds exactly like the apologist idiocy on Dez, "we love his passion." It wasn't "passion" it was stupidity from a dumb player not intelligent enough to control himself.

    On the neutral zone infraction? YES it sure as hell was a good call and valid by the way - he had been playing that little game all night, seeing how many times he could get away with it. Re-watch the game and watch him. Playing little games with the opponent and the officials instead of just fucking lining up right and playing football. Dumb, and again, hurt the team.

    His whole M.O. is to be passive-aggressive not aggressive. Same reason he didn't knock off the dope after a knowledgeable person told him when he would need to do it in order to pass the piss test at the combine. (From the article linked.) He and a dope smoking buddy were told this at the same time. The buddy dropped it when he was advised, Gregory had to keep toking for three more days. The buddy passed, he didn't. He lost millions, he's STUPID.

    By the way being "around the quarterback" means shit, it's like DBs who are "around" when the catch is made. Little more than a high paid spectator with a great view.

  13. Back To Top    #205
    Spectator MI Cowboy Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Merritt Island FL
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    I'm not buying it. But where in the article did it say anything about bipolar?
    D,
    Yep, my bad, it doesn't, but it did say that was he diagnosed with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Kinda the same.... He has mental issues that's for sure, and I hope he keeps it under control with his treatment plan that he is on, I guess my view is influenced by the fact that I have a friend that has REAL mental issues and I see his struggles.....


    Go Cowboys!!!!
    Last edited by MI Cowboy Fan; 12-07-2018 at 08:05 AM.

  14. Back To Top    #206
    Administrator dbair1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    40,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree89 View Post
    obviously a very low football IQ, does some of the dumbest things during the course of a game.
    Lance Lenoir, Rico Gathers say hello too.

    Dumb coached teams have dumb players and see dumb players do dumb things
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

  15. Back To Top    #207
    Super Moderator Dodger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,319
    Quote Originally Posted by MI Cowboy Fan View Post
    D,
    Yep, my bad, it doesn't, but it did say that was he diagnosed with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Kinda the same.... He has mental issues that's for sure, and I hope he keeps it under control with his treatment plan that he is on, I guess my view is influenced by the fact that I have a friend that has REAL mental issues and I see his struggles.....


    Go Cowboys!!!!
    I hear you MI. But I'm not buying the whole depression and anxiety thing either. That can describe me and just about any normal citizen on any given day trying to figure out how to make ends meet, get the kids through school and make the house payments.

    Folks with mental issues need help and support. Absolutely no doubt about it........but Gregory's not one of them. I agree with Dooms; he's just dumb (not Dooms, I mean Gregory). Alonzo Spellman and Dimitrius Underwood had mental issues and the lack of identifying and diagnosing their issues almost cost them more than their careers. Everyone is aware of mental heath issues today and I have no doubt Gregory was looked at by the appropriate medical staff. He's a pot head. It's unfortunate but we've all seen it before.

  16. Back To Top    #208
    Anywhere On The Line SixisBetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger12 View Post
    He's a pot head..
    I'd bet he's using more than weed.
    "Winning is a great deodorant"-John Madden



  17. Back To Top    #209
    Cheerleader Dustdevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    No, they were stupid. Dumb players do dumb things. On the punt, we had NO RUSH called. That means we let them punt it away if the play is going off without issues.

    "Aggressive mistakes" sounds exactly like the apologist idiocy on Dez, "we love his passion." It wasn't "passion" it was stupidity from a dumb player not intelligent enough to control himself.

    On the neutral zone infraction? YES it sure as hell was a good call and valid by the way - he had been playing that little game all night, seeing how many times he could get away with it. Re-watch the game and watch him. Playing little games with the opponent and the officials instead of just fucking lining up right and playing football. Dumb, and again, hurt the team.

    His whole M.O. is to be passive-aggressive not aggressive. Same reason he didn't knock off the dope after a knowledgeable person told him when he would need to do it in order to pass the piss test at the combine. (From the article linked.) He and a dope smoking buddy were told this at the same time. The buddy dropped it when he was advised, Gregory had to keep toking for three more days. The buddy passed, he didn't. He lost millions, he's STUPID.

    By the way being "around the quarterback" means shit, it's like DBs who are "around" when the catch is made. Little more than a high paid spectator with a great view.
    1. No, it's not the same as Dez. "Passion" meant running your mouth and throwing a temper tantrum. With Gregory it means hitting somebody. Was it a stupid play? Yes. Do stupid plays add up? Yes. But the guy's playing football out there. But yes, admittedly you do have to play smart, too.

    2. No. That off-sides was a crap call.

    3. "Being around the QB" does mean something if you're a DE. It means you're pressuring the QB and making him throw it before he's ready. It means knocking him down on occasion letting him know you're coming. Totally different than a DB. All I'm saying is you see him putting pressure on the QB a lot. A lot more than Taco or any of our other DE's on that side.

    He's got some skills, but my main concern with the guy is he could be gone tomorrow. I think you get what you can from him but you don't count on his availability.


  18. Appreciation yimyammer appreciated this post
  19. Back To Top    #210
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    High Plains Drifter
    Posts
    14,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    2. No. That off-sides was a crap call.
    His head WAS in the neutral zone. Do you understand the NZ? And he was doing it off and on all night, playing a little game with them instead of football. They finally watched for it, and caught him. Magically, he stopped doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    It means knocking him down on occasion letting him know you're coming.
    No, that's actually making a play. That's a Hit/Knockdown. "Being around" means just that, being nearby when he makes his throw. Having a great vantage point for a professional spectator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    No, it's not the same as Dez. "Passion" meant running your mouth and throwing a temper tantrum
    I wasn't saying they mean the exact same things. It's the exact same excuse-making. You said his mistakes were "aggressive mistakes" and I showed how no, they're not. You're doing the same thing defending Gregory that Ginger did defending Dez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    I think you get what you can from him but you don't count on his availability.
    "Availability is the best ability." -- Parcells.

Members who have read this thread: 36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The End Zone