What is latest on Randy Gregory - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is latest on Randy Gregory

1. Back To Top    #91
    Anywhere On The Line SixisBetter's Avatar
    This seems like a good time to remind everyone what a steaming pile of shit Roger Goodell is.
    "Winning is a great deodorant"-John Madden

2. lulz yimyammer lulz'd this
    Props Corso gave props for this post
  3. Back To Top    #92
    Whats the latest on Gregory? That would be 1 sack in the 14 games he actually managed to get on the field. I've seen some overhyped players before, but I dont think anybody topped Gregory.

4. Back To Top    #93
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Whats the latest on Gregory? That would be 1 sack in the 14 games he actually managed to get on the field. I've seen some overhyped players before, but I dont think anybody topped Gregory.
    Dude he nearly broke his leg the first game he played. He was lucky he played any snaps that rookie season afterward.

In that 1st game vs NYG he was damn impressive and he was coming off an outstanding preseason. If not for the injury I suspect he'd have had a really impressive rookie year.

He also looked pretty good when he returned late in 2016.

It's fine to piss and moan about his issues with pot, but the kid does have legit talent on the football field.
    This needs to be the final season of Garrett & his staff. The greatest coaches on the planet should be candidates to lead the best org in sports. The days of teams blowing the Cowboys’ doors off in halftime adjustments needs to end. Time for change, new direction and a new voice
    — Ben Rogers (@BenRogers) November 20, 2017

5. Back To Top    #94
    Quote Originally Posted by dbair1967 View Post
    It's fine to piss and moan about his issues with pot, but the kid does have legit talent on the football field.
    Yes and I showed you what he has accomplished in 14 games which is not much. At some point point legit talent has to translate to production and so far it hasnt. While I'll agree if he comes back and produces for example 4 sacks, then it is like found money. Problem is the past says it wont.

6. Back To Top    #95
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Yes and I showed you what he has accomplished in 14 games which is not much. At some point point legit talent has to translate to production and so far it hasnt. While I'll agree if he comes back and produces for example 4 sacks, then it is like found money. Problem is the past says it wont.
    Yes, I'm sure the nearly broken leg as a rookie made no difference whatsoever.

Thought you were smarter than this amigo.

7. Back To Top    #96
    Star Spangled Butt Kicker Doomsday's Avatar

The best ability is availability. Between injuries and suspensions his availability is wanting. And there's valid doubt about his availability going forward, since he's shown no ability to leave the weed alone or at the very least, manage his addiction enough to keep it from coming up in his UAs. The point made before about the overhyping of this guy is quite valid.

Doesn't mean his on-field talents are being questioned.
    ACCOUNTABILITY

8. Back To Top    #97

The guy from the draft class that piques my interest is Armstrong. If he can become a rotation guy that is good for 5 or 6 sack a year that would be great and there is difference between him and Gregory besides the whole dope thing. Scouts feel Armstrong is a proficient run stopper if he is not getting to the QB, not ideal but it is something. If Gregory isnt getting to QB, he really isnt helping at all.

9. Back To Top    #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    The point made before about the overhyping of this guy is quite valid.

Other than some idiot zoners, who's "overhyping" him?

The only thing anyone really knows about him is he has explosive talent, was productive in college and had a really good 1st preseason.

10. Back To Top    #99
    Other than some idiot zoners, who's "overhyping" him?
    Every other idiot.

11. Back To Top    #100
    Every other idiot.
    You'd need to be more specific.

I don't know anyone who has. The main reason most people got excited about him was his draft rating (legit top-10 pick that we got at the end of the 2nd round)

That isn't "overhyping"

12. Back To Top    #101
    You'd need to be more specific.
    It can't be any more specific - only idiots are overhyping him. He's a dumb doper who hasn't done jack shit. Therefore ANY hype on him is overhype.

13. Back To Top    #102
    It can't be any more specific - only idiots are overhyping him. He's a dumb doper who hasn't done jack shit. Therefore ANY hype on him is overhype.
    Nobody is hyping him Dooms, except like I said maybe a handful of retards at CZ.

Nobody in the media even remotely talks about him. Even the guys that cover the team hardly mention him, except to say he is trying to get reinstated.

14. Back To Top    #103
    If he gets re-instated, will he even be in football shape to make the team? I liked him at NE and thought he was worth the risk in the 2nd but had no idea he would continue to get high.

If he is let back in and as fast as he was in college, he could be a good situational edge rusher but that is all questionable. I am assuming he's stayed in reasonable football shape as they've been standing beside him throughout this adventure.

I am damned glad I didn't get any of his weed because that's some strong wacky tobacky to give up millions to get stoned.

15. Back To Top    #104
    Nobody is hyping him Dooms, except like I said maybe a handful of retards at CZ.

Nobody in the media even remotely talks about him. Even the guys that cover the team hardly mention him, except to say he is trying to get reinstated.
    Of course, nobody's hyping any Dallas player at the moment.

16. Back To Top    #105
    Quote Originally Posted by waldoputty View Post
    he definitely wildcat on this one.
    but draft capital is spent, lets hope for the best.
    i was hoping some may have heard more about him - whether drug tests or staying in shape etc.
    The last thing I read about him was he was going to NY to meet with Goodell. I think Goodell asked for the Classics Illustrated of his reinstatement request, which is reportedly 2K pages long.

I think 1,999 pages are I WILL NOT SMOKE DOPE, repeatedly in 10 font and the last page an 8/10 autographed photo of his new head. Since he stopped smoking and holding it in for so long, his head has gone back to normal size for his body. The bobblehead doll makers are disappointed as he was a natural.

Members who have read this thread: 30