Reaction score
any idea what is the latest with his suspension?
word was that he could apply for reinstatement.
but there were also some rumors about more failed tests?
amazing talent but problem brain.
he could probably still be a great rde...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Last I heard he was on with a MMA career. Which he might be somewhat more suited for, other than the opponents being male who get to hit back.

Gregory is a piece of shit. He doesn't rate wearing a star on his helmet, or even wearing a helmet.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last I heard he was on with a MMA career. Which he might be somewhat more suited for, other than the opponents being male who get to hit back.

Gregory is a piece of shit. He doesn't rate wearing a star on his helmet, or even wearing a helmet.

i think thats greg hardy youre thinking of

broaddus has left nuggets on twitter that its basically 50/50 with gregory at this point but he has heard positive things

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
and you never know with the cowboys because by "positive" they could mean that he gregory is only getting high 3 times a day rather than 15 times a day

so gregory could be headed in the right direction, but not nearly as close to returning as we might think

the draft is like a game show for jerry, and every second round pick lately has been a WHAMMY

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He can apply for reinstatement any time now I believe, he could have towards the end of this past season but chose to wait.

I don't want to waste any time getting my hopes up on him and we've been fooled into thinking "he's turned it around" a couple times previously. If he gets reinstated and actually makes it on the field for the entire preseason I'll be surprised.

Broaddus and some others have been saying they have heard a lot of positive stuff regarding his family life and off field situation, but that could all be garbage being fed to them by Jones.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Greg Hardy

I'm somewhat surprised they've held onto him all this time, although he is extremely gifted as a pass rusher and isn't hurting our cap, so I guess waiting it out as long as they have shouldn't be that surprising. I don't think he is a bad kid, he just cant stay off the Mary Jane. I think Sheik has a room with Randy Gregory posters and bobble heads in his honor.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The Titanic will dock in NY before this guy produces for us

Reaction score
Greg Hardy

I'm somewhat surprised they've held onto him all this time, although he is extremely gifted as a pass rusher and isn't hurting our cap, so I guess waiting it out as long as they have shouldn't be that surprising. I don't think he is a bad kid, he just cant stay off the Mary Jane. I think Sheik has a room with Randy Gregory posters and bobble heads in his honor.

well he does not cost anything in salary or cap space. and i think his years do not increase while suspended. so it costs us literally nothing.

since it costs nothing, they are probably waiting to see if he shapes up or for the nfl to change its pot policy.

how many states have legalized especially for medicinal purposes?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well he does not cost anything in salary or cap space. and i think his years do not increase while suspended. so it costs us literally nothing.

since it costs nothing, they are probably waiting to see if he shapes up or for the nfl to change its pot policy.

how many states have legalized especially for medicinal purposes?

do we even know if he has been staying in shape?? didnt he have a hard time putting on weight and keeping it on?

if we're waiting on legislation to make a player eligible then i think thats really shooting for the moon

i guess if all the and's, if's & but's are perfectly aligned, then maybe he does resurface at some point in the next year or two

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
if we're waiting on legislation to make a player eligible then i think thats really shooting for the moon

jeri runs the team like he did his oil biz, gambling on those wells to hit and when he hit a big one after the experts had told him to stop, that was probably the last time he respected "experts" and from that point forward jeri's "gut" ruled the day. Its been good to him for many money making ventures but gawd awful for success on the football field

wildcat gonna wildcat

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Well really the guy is a cancer. Someone you do not want to have on any team. Let alone the Big D!

Reaction score
jeri runs the team like he did his oil biz, gambling on those wells to hit and when he hit a big one after the experts had told him to stop, that was probably the last time he respected "experts" and from that point forward jeri's "gut" ruled the day. Its been good to him for many money making ventures but gawd awful for success on the football field

wildcat gonna wildcat

he definitely wildcat on this one.
but draft capital is spent, lets hope for the best.
i was hoping some may have heard more about him - whether drug tests or staying in shape etc.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well really the guy is a cancer. Someone you do not want to have on any team. Let alone the Big D!

Gregory is a cancer? How exactly? Is he going to entice the entire roster to get hooked on pot?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is the latest update i've seen 12/4/17:

Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys VP Stephen Jones provides latest updates on Rico Gathers and Randy Gregory | SportsDay

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones provides latest updates on Rico Gathers and Randy Gregory

Defensive end Randy Gregory remains on the Cowboys' reserve/suspended list.

Gregory, a 2015 second-round pick, is currently serving a suspension of at least one year for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

It is his third suspension. Gregory began the 2016 season with a four-game suspension before the league announced it was adding 10 games because of another failed drug test.

Could Gregory rejoin the team for training camp next year?

"Those are all things where it's kind of wait and see," Jones said Monday. "Obviously those are very serious things that Randy's dealing with, and certainly we have nothing but the utmost respect of looking out for what's best for him personally in his overall life, first and foremost.

"If he can get his hands around all of that, then no one would love to have him back here more than Jerry [Jones], myself, Coach Garrett, would love to get him back. So as we've seen around the league when these players are suspended for a year, it's a little process of them getting reinstated.

"But we certainly hope Randy is doing well and doing everything the right way. We're certainly rooting for him because he's a good person that obviously has some significant issues in his life that he's trying to overcome and get right."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wrote this guy off after the 10 game suspension.

The only way he comes back is if the NFL changes their policy on pot and allows pot heads to play

Otherwise his career is done.

With him being suspended for a full season wouldn’t the next suspension for the same issue be a lifetime ban?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gregory is a cancer? How exactly? Is he going to entice the entire roster to get hooked on pot?

If you're a coach, you don't want any part of Gregory and you don't want him or his attitude anywhere near your team. The guy is not reliable nor responsible. Two things you want to see from a professional. I get giving a guy a chance or two, but he's got way too many issues.

foolforspeed

Spectator
Reaction score
I wrote this guy off after the 10 game suspension.

The only way he comes back is if the NFL changes their policy on pot and allows pot heads to play

Otherwise his career is done.

With him being suspended for a full season wouldn’t the next suspension for the same issue be a lifetime ban?
He's been out so long now I don't think he could reach the level drafted at, let alone meet expected ceiling. What a waste of a good draft pick. They should have taken Jerry's crayon away from him.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's been out so long now I don't think he could reach the level drafted at, let alone meet expected ceiling. What a waste of a good draft pick. They should have taken Jerry's crayon away from him.

He was a 2nd rounder. Or in Jerry’s world a free throw away late 1st rounder used strictly for gambling purposes

Top Bottom