yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
this isn't intended to be a defense of Garrett but no other coach has the anchor of a GM dragging him down to the depths of ineptitude

no coach in Dallas will be same as they would be elsewhere because of the shitty gm and the environment of comfort he demands for himself and his offspring

I don't believe there is a coach on the planet with the skill set necessary to overcome this unsurmountable obstacle

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
this isn't intended to be a defense of Garrett but no other coach has the anchor of a GM dragging him down to the depths of ineptitude

no coach in Dallas will be same as they would be elsewhere because of the shitty gm and the environment of comfort he demands for himself and his offspring

I don't believe there is a coach on the planet with the skill set necessary to overcome this unsurmountable obstacle

I get what you are saying, but if Jones would simply "own" the team instead of insisting on being involved, there's plenty of coaches who could come here and flourish.

In that sense, Jones could have realistically gone down as possibly the best NFL owner ever and been 100% beloved by Cowboy fans, but he torpedoed that starting the yr after we beat the Bills for the 2nd time.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
but if Jones would simply "own" the team instead of insisting on being involved, there's plenty of coaches who could come here and flourish.

No doubt but therein lies the problem, he won't ever do that, he's more dug in than ever and it appears to me he's created an overarching structure for his jacked up way of doing things to remain long after he's gone

Winning is so far behind his desire for comfort, involvement, ego stroking, face time in front of mics & cameras, etc, etc

Its too hard to win in this league when you go punting edges away before the players have even set foot on the field. The Cowboys will always have a target on their back because they're americas team and every team wants to beat them, so their behind the 8-ball to start even if they had a great GM and coach. Add this to the aforementioned issues and winning another SB is next to impossible.

Parity covers their gross incompetence to the fans and deludes themselves into believing they can actual compete when they never will barring an historical outlier of a season where good fortune, health of the cowboys and devastating injuries to their opponents all conspire to help this blind squirrel finally find a nut

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but if Jones would simply "own" the team instead of insisting on being involved, there's plenty of coaches who could come here and flourish.

In that sense, Jones could have realistically gone down as possibly the best NFL owner ever and been 100% beloved by Cowboy fans, but he torpedoed that starting the yr after we beat the Bills for the 2nd time.

1db8fc9ea525dece8070bc4ef54aa9d7.jpg

Reaction score
Right, but none of the girls are complaining. So he likely has already paid them very handsomely to keep quite. Either that or Jerry is such and amazing fuck they don’t want to make a complaint against him.

Ha!! When Jerry finishes it..he calls out Jason bring me a cigarette.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Huh what ? Read it again

I guess you don't read at all, what you regurgitated in all caps is said all day every day here. Hence the "huh" meaning, maybe you should find a way to say it louder.

Get it? It's called humor.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Jimmy Johnson says hi

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson says hi

Different times, different era, jerry was completely swamped fixing the financial disaster the cowboys were when he purchased them plus jimmy had a contract no other coach has had since where he had complete autonomy, could hire and fire players and coaches at will and jerry couldn't stand it and never let another coach have the same power since.

Not to mention there was no salary cap and free agency was in its infancy.

jeri deserves kudos for writing the million dollar check to get Herschal to leave town tho

jeri is nothing like he was then, back then I think he actually wanted to win, he doesn't talk like this anymore:

Win is the name of the game - YouTube

Reaction score
Different times, different era, jerry was completely swamped fixing the financial disaster the cowboys were when he purchased them plus jimmy had a contract no other coach has had since where he had complete autonomy, could hire and fire players and coaches at will and jerry couldn't stand it and never let another coach have the same power since.

Not to mention there was no salary cap and free agency was in its infancy.

jeri deserves kudos for writing the million dollar check to get Herschal to leave town tho

jeri is nothing like he was then, back then I think he actually wanted to win, he doesn't talk like this anymore:

Win is the name of the game - YouTube

Sounds like a completely different guy.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No same guy. He still wants to win. But only if he can win it his way and get some delusional perceived credit that will never exist.

not exactly, he had huge debts and his finances were desperately tied to winning back then, they no longer are now.

win, lose, tie....don't matter, he still prints money and the value of the franchise goes up

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
not exactly, he had huge debts and his finances were desperately tied to winning back then, they no longer are now.

win, lose, tie....don't matter, he still prints money and the value of the franchise goes up

By design.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How does Jerry watch these playoff games and then not look over at Garrett and feel a certain way?

The Vikings are not an overly talented team. They have a good defense. And their offense is ok. Overall, the Cowboys are a more talented team --- the offense put them over the top. COACHING FUCKING MATTERS. My God it matters.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How does Jerry watch these playoff games and then not look over at Garrett and feel a certain way?

The Vikings are not an overly talented team. They have a good defense. And their offense is ok. Overall, the Cowboys are a more talented team --- the offense put them over the top. COACHING FUCKING MATTERS. My God it matters.

Whoever had the comment about Charlotte and the red headed geniuse's wife being like sisters pretty much cemented it. Basically you have nepotism without the blood relationship. If Jerry wanted a qualified director of player personnel he'd have to fire his son, you think that is likely? It is literally like a plague. It goes on and on.

Top Bottom