Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll definitely look for it. Thanks

I was in a hotel bar in Amarillo when Flair and his crew blew in after their local show. Drank Kamakazes with him and Mike Hegstrand and swapped stories of the Funks, Dickie Murdoch, the old West Texas State days when Tully Blanchard was our QB, my god it was a long hell raising night I'll never forget. They blow into a bar and just dominate it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Do you ever ask yourself why we never see some of these misdirection plays or wrinkles in our offense?
I'll go out on a limb and guess it has something to do with the fucking a hole that owns the team and the other fucking a hole that coaches it?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Do you ever ask yourself why we never see some of these misdirection plays or wrinkles in our offense? I mean, fake pitch and slant pass for a TD from under center at the 2 yard line. We are so limited. We pass from the shotgun with the occasional draw and mostly run from under center. So vanilla......

Its a process and still being built. Cant you see it? Its coming. Maybe a tad slow but its coming.

Every team in the league can change an entire offense in an off season. Garrett couldnt do it over a 10 year period with the same basic personnel and QB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was in a hotel bar in Amarillo when Flair and his crew blew in after their local show. Drank Kamakazes with him and Mike Hegstrand and swapped stories of the Funks, Dickie Murdoch, the old West Texas State days when Tully Blanchard was our QB, my god it was a long hell raising night I'll never forget. They blow into a bar and just dominate it.

Now that sounds like a blast. Those were the days that people could mingle with anyone without fear of wackos or Twitter or TMZ or cell phone cameras. Damn....good times.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now that sounds like a blast. Those were the days that people could mingle with anyone without fear of wackos or Twitter or TMZ or cell phone cameras. Damn....good times.

Yeah JJ Dillon was there too, I recalled the years in the early 70s when he worked this territory for Dory Funk SR and was a heel billed as "Jim Dillon" and primarily feuded with Murdoch and Ricky Romero - who was Jay Youngblood's father. Dillon was one of the very best when he wrestled.

I don't see how any of them lived as long as they have. Unfortunately of course we lost Mike and a shit ton of others since then.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW great play call iso speed on a LB. Gotta have a coach that will call that and a QB that can make that throw.

Reaction score
Do you ever ask yourself why we never see some of these misdirection plays or wrinkles in our offense? I mean, fake pitch and slant pass for a TD from under center at the 2 yard line. We are so limited. We pass from the shotgun with the occasional draw and mostly run from under center. So vanilla......

Is it the playbook or the players.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is what not having a running game results on. No playaction which could have helped get them the first and burn more time.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm torn, I like Zimmer but I think Payton/Brees has the only shot to beat the Pats

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sandejo. Used to play for the Cowboys. Fascinating as to how seeming scrubs HERE can go elsewhere and shine. Why is that?

Top Bottom