Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Pittsburgh not exactly seem to have a tremendous sense of urgency that last couple of minutes? Seemed slow to the line, not a lot of yelling and positioning by Roethlisberger, like they knew they'd blown it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Pittsburgh not exactly seem to have a tremendous sense of urgency that last couple of minutes? Seemed slow to the line, not a lot of yelling and positioning by Roethlisberger, like they knew they'd blown it.

Yep seemed lackadaisical.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish the media would quit slobbering all over Mike Tomlin now, he's a mediocre at best HC and proved it today.

He coached a terrible game today and made some dumb decisions that easily would rival some of the dumbass stuff Garrett does.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don’t really care who wins this game. Which ever team wins I’ll be rooting for next week vs the Eagles, and again in the SB

I always root for the NFC in the SB because the only AFC team I actually like and will root for is Oakland. And their SB appearances have been few and far between in the last few degrades

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hoping for Vikes/Jags Super Bowl

Least of all evils, plus it'll be the least watched game in the modern history of the SB

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hoping for Vikes/Jags Super Bowl

Least of all evils, plus it'll be the least watched game in the modern history of the SB

Personally speaking, Saints/Jags would be my least of all evils; it'll never happen but I'm hoping anyways.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Same here for me. But I’ll take either of these teams vs the Jags

Maybe the jags secondary can ass rape Brady next week and do him like they did Big Ben with his five picks in week five.

Then maybe he will consider finally retiring after the embarrassing beating handed to him by the jags

If Brady makes it to the SB again, win or lose he will be back again next season

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Small sample size but Garrett appears woefully inexperienced yet exceptionally fast tracked:

Mike Patricia

1996-1999: Patricia remained at RPI to begin his coaching career as a graduate assistant in 1996. He spent the next two years as an application engineer with Hoffman Air & Filtration Systems in East Syracuse, New York. Much sought-after in engineering circles, he received a $100,000-a-year offer to maintain nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers with the Westinghouse Electric Company

1999-2000: return to football as the defensive line coach for Amherst College

2001-2004: Syracuse University as an offensive graduate assistant for the team

2004-2005: Patriots offensive coaching assistant

2005-2006: Patriots' assistant offensive line coach.

2006-2011: Patriots linebackers coach

2011-2012: Patriots safeties coach

2012-2018, Patriots defensive coordinator, though he had been calling the plays on defense since the departure of Pees following the 2009 season.

(The Patriots won three Super Bowls with Patricia: Super Bowl XXXIX, and Super Bowl LI)

Sean McVay

2008-2010: assistant wide receivers coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2009-2010: wide receivers/quality control coach for the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League (UFL)

2010-2011: assistant tight ends coach for the Washington Redskins

2011-2013: Redskins tight ends coach

2014-2016: Redskins Offensive coordinator

2017: LA Rams head coach

Jason Garrett

2005–2006: quarterbacks coach for the Miami Dolphins

2007-2010: Dallas Cowboys as offensive coordinator

2011-2018: Dallas Cowboys head coach

Are we even having this conversation with dbair? Like it's so commonplace that dozens of coaches took Garrett's path. Even Nick Saban didn't want to interview the guy for his QB Coach because he lacked any experience whatsoever. Garrett was lucky he was hanging out at the senior bowl or some place like that and Saban was there. But that cocksucker probably planned on being there to go hunting for work and stalked Saban the whole time. Saban probably thought it was safer to just hire him.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How was that defensive pass interference when Diggs had him by the wrist?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I wish the media would quit slobbering all over Mike Tomlin now, he's a mediocre at best HC and proved it today.

He coached a terrible game today and made some dumb decisions that easily would rival some of the dumbass stuff Garrett does.

Tomlin is a black Garrett. Under achieves with his talent. Loses games he should never lose.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tomlin is a black Garrett. Under achieves with his talent. Loses games he should never lose.

you racist bastard!

I'm not sure how but that accusation is so in vogue these days, I wanted to get in on that action

Top Bottom