Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It looked like a battle of two teams who didn't belong in the playoffs to be honest.

That seems to be the theme this year from what little bit of the games I’ve been able to catch.

Work is really fucking up my playoff watching time this year. Thankfully the Cowboys aren’t in the playoffs so it’s really no big deal. The only teams I have left to root for are the Jags in hopes that they knock off the Pats and Steelers, and the Saints and Vikes in hopes that they knock out Philly

That is my only reason for watching at all now. Once those three get knocked out I’m done. That includes the SB

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be critical Scot but this is what I meant with my earlier post. What kind of mind set is this? I can see this if we were competing with these teams but we're a fucking abortion. A disgrace who are now lumped with Detroit and Washington as the only teams not to reach an NFC Championship game in decades. We're a more competitive version of the Browns in terms of our playoff futility.

If Philly, the Pats or Pittsburgh win again, who gives a shit? I'm to the point I hope Carson Wentz and Philadelphia destroy us and win multiple SB's over the next 15 years. The more that happens, the more this organization becomes irrelevant and may force a change in philosophy, at the very least. Damn it I'm pissed this morning. Fuck you Jerry that I can't even enjoy a cup of coffee.

No matter how pissed I am at the team and the FO, I can never root for the Eagles to win the SB. Sure I want them all gone from the jocks to the socks in the FO, but not enough to see the Eagles have SB success

I guess you could say my hatred for the Eagles is stronger than my hatred of Jerry and Garrett

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Small sample size but Garrett appears woefully inexperienced yet exceptionally fast tracked:

Mike Patricia

1996-1999: Patricia remained at RPI to begin his coaching career as a graduate assistant in 1996. He spent the next two years as an application engineer with Hoffman Air & Filtration Systems in East Syracuse, New York. Much sought-after in engineering circles, he received a $100,000-a-year offer to maintain nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers with the Westinghouse Electric Company

1999-2000: return to football as the defensive line coach for Amherst College

2001-2004: Syracuse University as an offensive graduate assistant for the team

2004-2005: Patriots offensive coaching assistant

2005-2006: Patriots' assistant offensive line coach.

2006-2011: Patriots linebackers coach

2011-2012: Patriots safeties coach

2012-2018, Patriots defensive coordinator, though he had been calling the plays on defense since the departure of Pees following the 2009 season.

(The Patriots won three Super Bowls with Patricia: Super Bowl XXXIX, and Super Bowl LI)

Sean McVay

2008-2010: assistant wide receivers coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2009-2010: wide receivers/quality control coach for the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League (UFL)

2010-2011: assistant tight ends coach for the Washington Redskins

2011-2013: Redskins tight ends coach

2014-2016: Redskins Offensive coordinator

2017: LA Rams head coach

Jason Garrett

2005–2006: quarterbacks coach for the Miami Dolphins

2007-2010: Dallas Cowboys as offensive coordinator

2011-2018: Dallas Cowboys head coach

I guess one difference would be I don't believe either Patricia or McVay had any meaningful (if any) NFL time as a player, whereas Garrett did play in the NFL starting in 1989, spent a couple yrs in WLAF and then returned to NFL for good from 92-04.

Garrett had also been around the game forever due to his family (his dad was a long time assistant and of course a scout)

Reaction score
The Ravens and Falcons both wanted him as HC after the 2007 season.

But today I cant imagine anyone in the NFL giving him another shot as a HC, and probably not even as a coordinator. Once he gets run from here I suspect he is destined for the college game, or maybe work in a scouting department.

Yeah, I remember the interviews and job offers. I should have said Jerry is only the reason he STILL has a job as HC.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I guess one difference would be I don't believe either Patricia or McVay had any meaningful (if any) NFL time as a player, whereas Garrett did play in the NFL starting in 1989, spent a couple yrs in WLAF and then returned to NFL for good from 92-04.

Garrett had also been around the game forever due to his family (his dad was a long time assistant and of course a scout)

true, these were some of the selling points that I was on board with when he was first hired and then...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is a lovely start to the jags/steelers game

Cant help but think Coughlin is paying off in some way behind the scenes

He has had the Patriots number too, could make for an interesting game if they pull this off today at Pitt

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is a lovely start to the jags/steelers game

Cant help but think Coughlin is paying off in some way behind the scenes

He has had the Patriots number too, could make for an interesting game if they pull this off today at Pitt

I warned everyone to watch out for the Jags. Pissburg didn't see my posts obviously.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw zero indication he's a Cowboys fan.

It didn’t

I was just making a joke because he was from Texas. So of course he would be a Dallas fan. There is no other NFL team in Texas

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It didn’t

I was just making a joke because he was from Texas. So of course he would be a Dallas fan. There is no other NFL team in Texas

You're pretending Dallas is one.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fournette is injured. It doesn’t appear to be serious but you just never know

If he’s out that can change the outcome of the entire game

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Fournette is injured. It doesn’t appear to be serious but you just never know

If he’s out that can change the outcome of the entire game

Nah. They're good at RB either way.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It must be nice to have a QB like Big Ben who can score on any play at anytime.

You never feel like you are out of the game.

I haven’t felt that way since Aikman retired

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If Red were coaching Jax with a 21-0 or 28-7 lead you could still count on Pitt coming back for a win.

Reaction score
If Red were coaching Jax with a 21-0 or 28-7 lead you could still count on Pitt coming back for a win.

Count on it. Garrett would stop doing what worked in the first half and go in another completely different direction in an attempt to outsmart the opposing Coach.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Im not convinced they can't come back on Jacksonville with fournette injured and the potential for NFL voodoo

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Count on it. Garrett would stop doing what worked in the first half and go in another completely different direction in an attempt to outsmart the opposing Coach.

Total runs in the 2nd half would be 4 or 5 max.

Top Bottom