Reaction score
Rookie FS Marcus Williams

We've seen some bad safety play around our team for a long time, but that play might have been the worst play I've ever seen by a safety.

Incredibly stupid. Just a mindless fuckup by that guy.

Vikings have now had their own Hail Mary

Well, he will live on in NFL history...very close to the Sanchez butt fumble. I have never witnessed a play as bad as that to lose a playoff game.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Winning with Keenum. That's what coaching looks like.

Fight. Scratch. Claw. Beat the man in front of you. SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!

Two backup QB's in the NFCCG. The Red Clown cant even win a few regular seasons games against bad teams with a backup.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That’s sad that whichever team makes it to the SB from the NFC will either be playing with a back up, or a third string QB vs (most likely) the Pats and one of the greatest QB’s in NFL history

So two coaches have taken their teams to, and won in the playoffs with back ups, and like mentioned above, Garrett can’t even win regular season games with a back up

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Keenum, Foles, Bortles, hmmmm......

Congrats Patriots on teeing up for the 3-peat

Its just a joke at this point, there's the Pats and everyone else. No team can compete with the Patriots coaching

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nothing would be more satisfying than watching the Jags knock the Pats out of the playoffs next week

Hopefully it’s a gut wrenching and historically embarrassing loss that is bad enough to make Brady retire

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nothing would be more satisfying than watching the Jags knock the Pats out of the playoffs next week

Hopefully it’s a gut wrenching and historically embarrassing loss that is bad enough to make Brady retire
They have a dynasty topped only by Tom Landry's Cowboys. That's really tough to do.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1f56fc85d1b208d492834716a6734e3c.jpg

Ouch! That one just stings. It’s like a kick in the nutz

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

They have the Belichick whisperer (Coughlin) so there's a chance

Reaction score
I can. Getting paid millions yet soooooo dumb. It looks to me from that, he habitually avoids contact and he reflexively automated to that at the worst possible time. Figured he'd safely bump the guy and others would make the tackle. Always worked before!

Maybe so. All he had to do was make that tackle, and it was there to make, and the game is over. He will never live that down.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They have a dynasty topped only by Tom Landry's Cowboys. That's really tough to do.

Sadly, I'd have to tip the cap to the Patriots dynasty, they're even honing in on Landrys 20 year winning streak which I thought would be unbreakable

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe so. All he had to do was make that tackle, and it was there to make, and the game is over. He will never live that down.
He'd be unemployed and arranging his own transport home were I his coach. There's simply no excuse for that.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Defensive guys are so paranoid about getting penalties and fines that they're afraid to make plays on the sidelines, you see guys getting tons of extra yards in every game because defenders are obviously afraid to aggressively get a player out of bounds on the sidelines

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Defensive guys are so paranoid about getting penalties and fines that they're afraid to make plays on the sidelines, you see guys getting tons of extra yards in every game because defenders are obviously afraid to aggressively get a player out of bounds on the sidelines
Dude, there was no way he was gonna get there before the ball did. You hit that dude and wrap him up! Situational football we all learned in pee-wee.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Simply put, Marcus Williams made the most dumbass defensive play this entire season. As a result, the Vikings are in a championship game they shouldn't be in by winning a game they shouldn't have won (though if you look at my Facebook timeline it was a masterful comeback of epic proportions). The playoffs seemed pretty cut and dried more than once, but after these last couple of weeks at this point all bets are off...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It just..... Sort of sounded like you might have been trying to defend that dumbass puke. Really if he is THAT paranoid he shouldn't be playing defense.

I agree it was a dumbass play but I also think defenders are paranoid about getting a penalty in these spots as its about the only chance (other than what happened) for the Vikings so it causes brain farts like this

but like you said, you have to make the tackle there because even if there was a penalty called, its better than what happened

Jimmy was saying the same thing in the after show, we both might be wrong but I dont think its a stretch considering everything is stacked against the D in the NFL

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
but like you said, you have to make the tackle there because even if there was a penalty called, its better than what happened
And that's how they coach them too. The penalty is ALWAYS preferable to giving up a score! In fact they tell them to commit pass interference ON PURPOSE even in the end zone, to stop a score!

NO excuse for that puke, I bet his Wonderlic score is so low it rivals Claiborne and Dez.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats Patriots on teeing up for the 3-peat

Its just a joke at this point, there's the Pats and everyone else. No team can compete with the Patriots coaching

I wouldn't be so quick to give them the trophy.

Brady has proven over the years that he cant stand being hit and he is not any good at it. If Jacksonville's D can knock him down some early, they can make it a game.

Their defense is every bit as good (better IMO) than the Giants defenses that Brady couldn't do much with in 2007 and 2011.

Top Bottom