Reaction score
Here is an opportunity for Jerry to prove that he has what it takes as a GM. I would be on Belicheat in a nanosecond with a huge compensation and team control package. Even a past his prime with less motivation Belicheat has got to be worth 10000 Garretts. Of course, we will watch Jerry make no play at all for the greatest coach of this century while the Giants sign him, and torment us for another decade.

This is all dependent upon Belicheat walking away from NE if the drama is enough to cause that.

Reaction score
Here is an opportunity for Jerry to prove that he has what it takes as a GM. I would be on Belicheat in a nanosecond with a huge compensation and team control package. Even a past his prime with less motivation Belicheat has got to be worth 10000 Garretts. Of course, we will watch Jerry make no play at all for the greatest coach of this century while the Giants sign him, and torment us for another decade.

This is all dependent upon Belicheat walking away from NE if the drama is enough to cause that.
This Belichick story is pure pre-playoff hype. Belichick is going nowhere most especially to the Dallas circus. Its pre playoff hype to sell interest into a dying league.

Reaction score
This Belichick story is pure pre-playoff hype. Belichick is going nowhere most especially to the Dallas circus. Its pre playoff hype to sell interest into a dying league.

You are 99% likely correct. I don't have any realistic hopes that the opportunity will present itself, but if the Unicorn shits out some Skittles I would like to see what Jerry does or does not do. Call it one final shit test.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

it wouldn't surprise me if Belichick orchestrated it all to rally his team in an us against the world theme he's so fond of selling to his players

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if one day we found out the video and air pressure scandals were contrived by him as well

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I doubt it would even occur to Jerry to sign Belichick.

Nor do I think he would even consider it if it did occur to him

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yep, I agree with you.

He isn't coaching anywhere else.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You are 99% likely correct. I don't have any realistic hopes that the opportunity will present itself, but if the Unicorn shits out some Skittles I would like to see what Jerry does or does not do. Call it one final shit test.

Jones wont do anything. Garrett only needs another 21 years of the process and by then he should be at about an average level of Head Coach ability.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wouldn't dismiss his leaving. He supposedly said a long time ago that it was time to go once the owner started meddling in personnel. Well, that day has arrived. There's no doubt BB was correct in wanting to transition to Garoppolo but Kraft wouldn't allow it.

Only caveat is, Belichick could be close enough to retirement that he was planning on only coaching another year or two anyway, so he might not think it's worth the trouble to start somewhere else.

Reaction score
I wouldn't dismiss his leaving. He supposedly said a long time ago that it was time to go once the owner started meddling in personnel. Well, that day has arrived. There's no doubt BB was correct in wanting to transition to Garoppolo but Kraft wouldn't allow it.

Only caveat is, Belichick could be close enough to retirement that he was planning on only coaching another year or two anyway, so he might not think it's worth the trouble to start somewhere else.

The stage is being set for both Belichick and Brady to retire together should they win the SB this year.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Then why was Belichick setting things up to go forward with Garoppolo?

I bet a part of him wants to win with someone else so he can prove his success wasn't all Brady.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:crapcheer

The Cowboys used to be known for never leaving any stone unturned like this but now they believe arrogance is sufficient

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He supposedly said a long time ago that it was time to go once the owner started meddling in personnel. Well, that day has arrived. There's no doubt BB was correct in wanting to transition to Garoppolo but Kraft wouldn't allow it.

Then why was Belichick setting things up to go forward with Garoppolo?

How do you know this TE? Have you heard something other than the reporting that everyone is denying? Don't get me wrong,. I can see it happening, but I'm curious where you heard BB wanted to go forward with Garoppolo.

Top Bottom