Reaction score
Zero experience coaching, and we hire the noodle arm. I just can't even...

I guess Jerry no longer even considers any NFL coaches that are available, nor college coaching prospects. Nope, we just gonna hire former players, give them on the job coaching training, and keep right on the fail train.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
There are a few good coordinators that run good defenses and could help the Cowboys. Todd Wash, Dennis Thurman, George Edwards and the dreaded Jim Swartz. Hardnosed Gregg Williams could be had also. All a serious upgrade.

Any one of those guys taking Garrett's place would help the Cowboys and be a serious upgrade.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
024f5f9241221fa48937fb1c9c3febea.jpg

So we are going to have this failed NFL QB and Marinelli love child develop the QB who beat him out for the starting job??? This tool is the person who you are putting in charge of developing your future/franchise QB

Not only did he get beat out for the starting QB position, he lost the back up job to a rookie!!!!

FUCKING BRILLIANT IDEA JERRY!

And don’t give me this “those that can’t do, teach” bullshit. Yeah they teach you how to be a shitty at the thing they themselves were not able to do

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry just fills positions. It's like he doesn't even care if the guy is good or not. (See HC.)

Kind of like Belichick said, the unstated but understood implication of "Do your job" is "Do your job well." Jerry never gets that.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Reeks of jeri playing mafia don, doling power out to his underlings like candy for a perceived job well done vs a logical over-arching strategy to build the best staff/team possible.

In this case, its obvious Linehan used the power bestowed upon him to pick Moore for the job

who knows if Garrett was on board or simply told by jeri he was on board

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that building to hear all the absurd shit that gets spewed on what has to be an almost constant basis

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry just fills positions. It's like he doesn't even care if the guy is good or not. (See HC.)

Kind of like Belichick said, the unstated but understood implication of "Do your job" is "Do your job well." Jerry never gets that.

I'm convinced 100% that Jerry doesn't value coaching, period. HC or position coaches.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Legitimate tough guy/overall badass. He's a 3-4 guy too but that's the norm these days. Has played in both systems and excelled. Like his coaching too.

Norton and Del Rio are both 4-3 guys Dooms. I don't know that either has ever implemented a 3-4 anywhere they've coached.

And most recently in Oakland, they played a 4-3.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully the seemingly hand picked moore will cement the fate of linehan for next year. One can only hope that its the last hurrah and topples the garrett regime entirely.

...but this is probably the foundation of the dallas dysfunctional dynasty for the next 7 years. Fucking mickey mouse qb coach, looks like we need to upgrade our training staff if we make miles austin wr coach.

Reaction score
Kellen Moore the new QB coach. That can't be right. He would be worse then Wilson and he was a liability. Nobody will take Moore seriously.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I see the Rams yesterday. I see the Bills and Jags playing today. Then I think about 7+ years of the clapper and SMDH.

And now we get Kellen F'ing Moore as a QB coach and Dak calls him a genius. Sounds like Dak has bought into the process so we likely witnessed his best career year already, last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I see the Rams yesterday. I see the Bills and Jags playing today. Then I think about 7+ years of the clapper and SMDH.

And now we get Kellen F'ing Moore as a QB coach and Dak calls him a genius. Sounds like Dak has bought into the process so we likely witnessed his best career year already, last year.

The Rams flopped miserably at home vs a mediocre Falcons team, the Bills were lucky to make the playoffs and the Jags have been rebuilding for 10 years. I wouldn't be looking at any of those teams with envy to be honest (although the Jags defense is bigtime)

As for Kellen Moore. I still think you and some other people (mainly at CZ) are too hung up on whether the guy was a good player or not. It doesn't matter with coaching. Almost all the best coaches were marginal players at best, some of them were never real players at all. Just because one is a great player doesn't make him a great coach, and vice versa. It's about what you KNOW and ability to teach and relate to players when it comes to success as a coach. I don't know if Moore has that or not and he wouldn't have been the person I would have chosen, but just because he was a lousy NFL talent doesn't mean he cant become a quality assistant. If he understands the mechanics of the position and how to teach offense and reading defenses, he can be a good QB coach/offensive assistant.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The Rams flopped miserably at home vs a mediocre Falcons team, the Bills were lucky to make the playoffs and the Jags have been rebuilding for 10 years. I wouldn't be looking at any of those teams with envy to be honest (although the Jags defense is bigtime)

As for Kellen Moore. I still think you and some other people (mainly at CZ) are too hung up on whether the guy was a good player or not. It doesn't matter with coaching. Almost all the best coaches were marginal players at best, some of them were never real players at all. Just because one is a great player doesn't make him a great coach, and vice versa. It's about what you KNOW and ability to teach and relate to players when it comes to success as a coach. I don't know if Moore has that or not and he wouldn't have been the person I would have chosen, but just because he was a lousy NFL talent doesn't mean he cant become a quality assistant. If he understands the mechanics of the position and how to teach offense and reading defenses, he can be a good QB coach/offensive assistant.

The envy is they are playing in the post season. And they dont have a Jason Garrett 7+ years into a process that is going no where.

Who knows how Kellen Moore will be as a QB coach. But with the track records of Jerry and Jason there is ZERO reason for any optimism.

Reaction score

Nope. We are hung up on his invisible resume. he has no coaching experience at all. Not at the pee wee level, not at pop warner, not at High School, not at college, and certainly not in the NFL. Why are the fucking Dallas Cowboys an entry level coaching organization?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Jerry could and should have the best coaches available. If he valued winning he would. But its all a big game for him. Get some mediocre coach and if they win he can pat himself on the back thinking he accomplished some great feat. Bring in Red and train him up. Have a Kellen Moore as QB coach and Jerry will think the rest of the world will admire his eye for talent if it works.

Meanwhile 22 years of crappy football and he's still playing his self contrived fantasy football game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It appears that Will McClay turned down the Texans offer and is staying with the Cowboys

Top Bottom