LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Rams go 4-12 last season. They promptly fire Jeff Fisher before the season is even over. They hire the youngest HC in NFL History who takes his team from the worst scoring offense in the NFL to the best all in a single season. Then proceed to make the playoff the in his first year after going 11-6 and look to be a strong contender for years to come

The Cowboys go 4-12, fire no one, make no changes to the coaching staff, and are told to “trust the process”

Remember the San Fran gold miner.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The one thing that is kinda interesting is Parcells has some assistants that have gone on to do quite well, while none of Belichick's assistants went elsewhere and did much.

The other interesting thing is Parcells never won anything without Belichick, whereas Belichick obviously has won a ton without Parcells.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Parcells' Tree has produced Belicek and Coughlin, and I believe Saban. Hard to call that overrated.

Don't forget Payton and, to a lesser extent in terms of success, Sparano and Haley. Saban coached under Bellichick.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
January 1996 was the last time we played in a NFC Championship game.

I was 22 years old and single back then. This month I'll turn 51 with a couple of kids in college and my oldest will turn 22. I have such a hatred for Jerry and his red neck spawn that it repulses me to even see him or hear his voice.

Reaction score
I was 22 years old and single back then. This month I'll turn 51 with a couple of kids in college and my oldest will turn 22. I have such a hatred for Jerry and his red neck spawn that it repulses me to even see him or hear his voice.

Amen.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

51-22=29

So its worse than I thought. Now I hate Jerry even more. :jerrysign

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

And two playoff wins in that time. When does it sink in to that asshole that what he's doing simply is not working? This should be plastered on billboards all across Dallas and the surrounding areas.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

right there with you, I'm 52 and in 96' I told my buddy this is the last super bowl we'll see while Jeris at the helm so we have to go, glad we did. It was a blast although a nerve-racker in the 2nd half, you could tell that team was breathing its last meaningful breaths

watching Jeris nonsense has just made me angrier each subsequent year, I think I'd really enjoy hurting the man and I'm not a violent person but I've gotten to the point now where I'm completely without hope and see nothing to be optimistic about. Dak gave me a spark but that might be an illusion, so...

~sigh~

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And two playoff wins in that time. When does it sink in to that asshole that what he's doing simply is not working? This should be plastered on billboards all across Dallas and the surrounding areas.

And he'll just ask you how you liked those 3 Super Bowls in 92, 93 and 95

As if he had anything to do with any of them. But he'll still ask!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And he'll just ask you how you liked those 3 Super Bowls in 92, 93 and 95

As if he had anything to do with any of them. But he'll still ask!

500 coaches could have done what Jimmy did with that team is what Jerry says. Yet he just so happens to find the one that can't. Imagine that.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
500 coaches could have done what Jimmy did with that team is what Jerry says. Yet he just so happens to find the one that can't. Imagine that.

In Jerry's mind Switzer probably proved that. Of course I am sure he also overlooks the part about Switzer not being able to build it in the first place.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
In Jerry's mind Switzer probably proved that. Of course I am sure he also overlooks the part about Switzer not being able to build it in the first place.
Yeah and I think in retrospect, Jimmy took that statement by Jerry all wrong. Jerry was actually complementing Jimmy - he built a team that by this point any one of 500 people could coach!

Or, nah?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah and I think in retrospect, Jimmy took that statement by Jerry all wrong. Jerry was actually complementing Jimmy - he built a team that by this point any one of 500 people could coach!

Or, nah?

Nah, Jerry is about as tunnel visioned as it gets. Its all things Jerry 24/7 particularly him with microphones, cameras, and feeding the beast (his ego).

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Like him or not, Switzer was a 3-time national championship-winning HC, he was not exactly chopped liver. He was far more accomplished than Garrett. But I get your point.

Top Bottom