theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Like him or not, Switzer was a 3-time national championship-winning HC, he was not exactly chopped liver. He was far more accomplished than Garrett. But I get your point.

Switzer was well suited for college in 70's and 80's when the wishbone was effective. I dont think he would fare so well in the spread offense era unless he had great co ordinators. I also think he had some major recruiting advantages. wink wink. For Aikman he was like a bad penny.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
500 coaches could have done what Jimmy did with that team is what Jerry says. Yet he just so happens to find the one that can't. Imagine that.

if 500 coaches could have won the Super Bowl with Jimmy's teams

I bet 5000 could do what Garrett does with this team. Hell maybe 10,000

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah and I think in retrospect, Jimmy took that statement by Jerry all wrong. Jerry was actually complementing Jimmy - he built a team that by this point any one of 500 people could coach!

Or, nah?

When he originally said that he was admittedly drunk, and he meant it as a cheap shot.

He really believed anybody could coach that team to a championship.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When he originally said that he was admittedly drunk, and he meant it as a cheap shot.

He really believed anybody could coach that team to a championship.
Yeah I know, I was being snarky.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The Parcells' Tree has produced Belicek and Coughlin, and I believe Saban. Hard to call that overrated.

I meant by the time he got to Dallas. Although his Dallas tree still has Zimmer, Payton, and Haley that all coached this weekend. I still think he was overrated by the time he got to Dallas.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like Landon Collins has the same attitude many Dallas players probably share.

9. The New York Giants were a mess in 2017. We can point the finger at a lot of people for this, but something I read this week from a Landon Collins interview really stuck out. Per Zach Braziller of the New York Post, Collins was asked about having Bill Belichick as a head coach and said:

The way he runs his organization, I’ve been through that process. I don’t like it. It’s too strict. …. He’s a great winner, he’s a great coach. I don’t know if [his style] is what the organization really wants. I talked to guys who played for [his] team. They love winning, but at the same time, they don’t want to be on the team.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Sounds like Landon Collins has the same attitude many Dallas players probably share.

9. The New York Giants were a mess in 2017. We can point the finger at a lot of people for this, but something I read this week from a Landon Collins interview really stuck out. Per Zach Braziller of the New York Post, Collins was asked about having Bill Belichick as a head coach and said:

Sounds like somebody Jerry would love in Big D. Winning is great, as long as its my way and on my terms. Winning isnt worth it if sacrifices need to be made to do it.

Go get him Jerry!!

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

A new scapegoat coming to town. A guy with a lot of experience that can hold the coach in training's hand and then get the blame in a year or two. We all know how this will end.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So we did a straight trade of OL coaches with the Bengals...

Yep.

I don't really know much about the guy other than he worked in that role for 20+ years for them. Seems his rep is developing good pass protection schemes and that was clearly something we struggled with this past season.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm ok with alexander as the coach

they have guys like that throughout the league. like the patriots have had their OL coach, dante scarnecchia for a long long time. when he retired for a year, the pat's oline fell to shit in a hurry. pat's oline isn't their strong suit, but scar got some decent production out of journeymen, walk-ons and low-round draft picks. i think it was only nate solder that was a high pick for them on the oline.

i guess we'll see if pollack moves the needle for them or if alexander is going to be "coaching up" for us

Top Bottom