408Cowboy

Spectator
Reaction score
yes you are correct, as long as Jones continues to hire these low rent coaches and micro manage them, there is no hope. If they can’t find a real replacement for Witten, then this team is done. 16 years in the NFL, and Dallas can’t find somebody to beat him out????,

You are operating under the assumption they wanted to find someone to beat him out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
yes you are correct, as long as Jones continues to hire these low rent coaches and micro manage them, there is no hope. If they can’t find a real replacement for Witten, then this team is done. 16 years in the NFL, and Dallas can’t find somebody to beat him out????,

Honestly there might be 3 guys on the roster who could already beat him out. The problem is Jones and the coaching staffs main goal is "not hurt any star or former stars feelings"

Witten should be the 2nd or 3rd TE on the roster now, not the starting TE and still a focal point of the passing game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Honestly there might be 3 guys on the roster who could already beat him out. The problem is Jones and the coaching staffs main goal is "not hurt any star or former stars feelings"

Witten should be the 2nd or 3rd TE on the roster now, not the starting TE and still a focal point of the passing game.

I love #82 and he is one of the Best at his position. But I agree with you. It’s time to relegate him to second string. Especially if Rico Gathers has a pre season like he did last year before getting his “out for the entire season concussion”

Yes Witten is one of the greatest, yes he will be in the ring of honor, yes he will be a first ballot HOFer. But he’s slow and showing his age. I think we can get more out of the young guys. Let Witten ride out his contract, hell, let him play as long as he feels he’s able. Just don’t make him #1 and the goto in every TE situation

Let him limp off into the sunset

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

For one that would take some balls by Garrett to do that.

And then the Red Clown would have to come up with something different in the offense. And we know how lost he is when it comes to doing some real coaching.

Reaction score

If that is his new role, and it should be, then its obvious he needs to retire and become a coach with the club. There is simply no secondary role for a player like Witten. It doesn't work that way. Jason needs to see that.

Reaction score
For one that would take some balls by Garrett to do that.

And then the Red Clown would have to come up with something different in the offense. And we know how lost he is when it comes to doing some real coaching.

A pussy doesn't have balls.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And the players. I don't care about the Chaz Green's and Lucky Whiteheads of the world, but for guys like Sean Lee, Tyron Smith, Jason Witten, Fred, Martin etc etc, they're just being wasted.

Not buying that David. The players are comfortable here and Jerry is loyal. They'll get paid for substandard production and they won't lose their job in camp.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You think Garrett is a bad head coach?

Just wait until Jerry dies, they read his will, and it states that Garrett is to be promoted to GM, and Helen Moore is to be promoted to Head Coach!

Good times they are a comin, just you wait and see!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not buying that David. The players are comfortable here and Jerry is loyal. They'll get paid for substandard production and they won't lose their job in camp.

as opposed to this:

The day after Belichick was announced as head coach, the team’s strength and conditioning coach was let go. Less than two weeks later, five-time Pro Bowl tight end Ben Coates was cut alongside six-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle Bruce Armstrong. Coates would go on to play one more year, with the Ravens, and Armstrong would retire. Terry Allen, the team’s leading rusher in Carroll’s last season, was let go in February. Three other players accepted free agent offers elsewhere.

It was, players said, an atmosphere of endless tension. It led to physical, violent practices—football Darwinism—where anyone interested in keeping a roster spot would have to prove it on a daily basis.

Belichick’s ruthless preparation ended up being his only advantage. On Wednesdays during game weeks, he would sit the offense and defense down in a room together and explain the three things each side of the ball would need to do in order to win.

what a fucking concept!

Source: When No One Believed in the Belichick Way

krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score

I wanted the TE from Michigan, Butt, to replace Witten. This organization from top from bottom to bottom is a joke, but nothing if funny about this. It starts at the top, Jones and it filters down, and until he is removed Dallas will be a low rent franchise.....

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Garrett aint going nowhere. He could possibly go 0-16 and his job would still be secure. Because for starters, Jerri would be the only one allowed outside of the Browns to have his HC go 0-16. Most teams fire the bum at 0-8, or 0-10 even.

Unfortunately... if history holds, the Cowboys make the playoffs next season --- go one and done as usual, and then follow it up with a sub .500 year, and then we will hear all this talk again about him being fired.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett aint going nowhere. He could possibly go 0-16 and his job would still be secure. Because for starters, Jerri would be the only one allowed outside of the Browns to have his HC go 0-16. Most teams fire the bum at 0-8, or 0-10 even.

Unfortunately... if history holds, the Cowboys make the playoffs next season --- go one and done as usual, and then follow it up with a sub .500 year, and then we will hear all this talk again about him being fired.

Then it will be time for his second contract extention

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
“I think Jason [Garrett] has what it takes, I do, I do. But I think this is his last year with the Dallas Cowboys if he doesn’t get it right. Because he’s had everything else to support his case. I think people want more. I think Jerry actually wants more and in order to get more you may have to do some things that you may necessarily not want to do. Just like you had to get rid of me to move forward with everyone else, you have to do some things that you don’t necessarily want to do.” --- Emmitt Smith

Actually this is Linehan's last year. He'll be made the scapegoat. And Emmitt... I know Garrett's your friend, but you're wrong. He doesn't have what it takes. Not at all.

“At the end of the day I love Redball. Redball knows I love him. But he knows and understands, too. Everybody [has] a shelf life. Everybody, including coaches. And at the end of the day it’s all about performance. And if your performances have been mediocre at best, and some cases you’ve had great seasons, and so on, but you haven’t been able to win the big one, that becomes a problem.”--- Emmitt Smith

You wouldn't love him so much if he was your coach, Emmitt. If Redtesticle was your coach, you would not be the NFL all-time rushing TD leader, and the all time rushing yard leader. You wouldn't have any of those three Super Bowls.

Many of you recall when Emmitt told of the story of how Jimmy Johnson the then HC at the U of Miami, had heavily recruited Emmitt and Emmitt turned him down and opted for the U of Florida, and Emmitt's reasoning was because he felt the Johnson passed the ball too much. Well that fear he had of Johnson back in college would have been realized in the pros if the Redtesticle was the Cowboys' HC back then.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Still looking for a TE coach now.

Top Bottom