Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say it was three NFC championship games and three losses. IMO the Philly loss and particularly Wash loss were in big part part due to not stopping the run. Generally speaking however I was not huge Danny White fan, of course following Staubach was never gonna be easy.

I have to believe Tom Landry knows it's all three phases of the team game that determine outcomes, so clearly there were other issues between Danny and Tom than just the outcomes of 3 big games. There had to be something on a fundemental level between them.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah. There was a lot more to Danny than fans ever knew. I have watched interviews and documentaries with him in recent years and White was/is an articulate man with a great sense of humour. I always admired him and even more now. He was/is a great Cowboy.

He's funny as hell, start at 3:55 in this video:

P1 - YouTube

this entire video is White telling a funny Landry story

P4 - YouTube

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
TO is right, The Clapper is an idiot.

That said, I don't give someone who was the ultimate team cancer everywhere he was at and the architect of "Garrett, Romo and Witten created secret plays" any credibility whatsoever. He's a waste of time. Always has been, always will be.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still curious about why Carroll would fire Richard and replace him with Norton. Norton failed miserably as Oakland's DC

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still curious about why Carroll would fire Richard and replace him with Norton. Norton failed miserably as Oakland's DC

reports suggesting its carroll trying to regain absolute control of the defensive playcalling again. no one 2nd guessing. maybe richard wanted nothing to do with that, but norton will comply?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
reports suggesting its carroll trying to regain absolute control of the defensive playcalling again. no one 2nd guessing. maybe richard wanted nothing to do with that, but norton will comply?

probably a good guess I think

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
TO is right, The Clapper is an idiot.

That said, I don't give someone who was the ultimate team cancer everywhere he was at and the architect of "Garrett, Romo and Witten created secret plays" any credibility whatsoever. He's a waste of time. Always has been, always will be.

The only way you dismiss what TO says about Garrett is if you are a Garrett fan. When TO sees and says what we all do, what he says is credible. Maybe TO has more credibility than some want to admit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only way you dismiss what TO says about Garrett is if you are a Garrett fan. When TO sees and says what we all do, what he says is credible. Maybe TO has more credibility than some want to admit.
Maaaaaaybe, perhaps, TO reads :theu

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

You know I'm not a Garrett fan.

And you also know Owens made up the ridiculous shit about "secret plays"...you also know (like the rets of the entire world) that TO was the ultimate cancer.

End of discussion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember when we played Seattle a few weeks ago, Aikman was mentioning how they basically do the same thing every play and that you should have no problem with presnap reads etc etc. What would Aikman know right? He was only a hall of fame NFL QB that won 3 championships.

Now go over to CZ and see this. "No. Their scheme was complicated using pyramids and inverted triangles among other at the time unique formations. Even their DL calls were complicated using shooting the gaps, shoot and hold and multiple games."

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh cool so garrett has been trying to run the triangle offense all these years

all dallas has been missing is michael jordan and phil jackson

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
meanwhile, in dallas:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Off season just keeps getting better.

BTW besides the fact Moore has never developed a QB at any level, particularly one facing a make or break year, Jerry is doubling down on an offense the players dont think works, and defenses are calling out the plays before they happen. Pure idiocy.

Top Bottom