Reaction score
He could be, although they are interviewing the Cinci guy as well as Tom Cable

Anybody have that play where Colombo knocked the Falcon guy through the air?

Ha!! I always liked Cable. Can't imagine the clapper working with him and its hard to say who would be jailed first Cable or one of the players!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the scoop Fish. Only about half a dozen people reported this YESTERDAY

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost a rock solid guarantee if we hire Cable that ESPN and some other media clowns go crazy about this. Havent heard a peep of this in years anywhere else he's been, but by golly if Dallas hires him there should be mobs with pitchforks protesting. The narrative will definitely be the Cowboys and Jones are soft on domestic violence. This is from 2009

Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable abused them, women say

Women: Cable has violent history
Nov 2, 2009
ESPN.com

Two women, including his former wife and a recent girlfriend, say that Oakland Raiders coach Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women.

In separate interviews with ESPN's "Outside the Lines," Sandy Cable and Marie Lutz say that Cable hit them during relationships dating back more than 20 years.

Cable's alleged temper has been in the news since August, when Oakland assistant coach Randy Hanson accused Cable of breaking his jaw during an altercation in a coaches meeting.

On Oct. 22, Napa County district attorney Gary Lieberstein said he would not pursue charges against Cable, citing inconsistencies in Hanson's story that were not corroborated by the three assistants in the room at the time.

But the two women interviewed by "Outside The Lines" say that Cable, in his first full season as the Raiders' head coach, physically abused them at various times during their relationships.

In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

A third woman, Cable's second wife Glenda, said in documents related to the couple's 2008 divorce that "in the past he has been physically and verbally abusive to me." Glenda and Tom Cable were married for 17 years. She declined to speak to "Outside The Lines", but is currently receiving support payments from Cable.

Glenda Cable's attorney on Saturday issued a statement to OTL which contradicted the statements in the divorce documents.

"I have known Tom Cable for more than 20 years, including 17 years of marriage," Glenda Cable said in the statement. "Throughout the time I have known him, Tom has never been violent to me or our children. I chose not to speak to the media before now to protect my privacy and that of my children. However, I am very troubled by what is being claimed by others and I felt compelled to speak out about my own lengthy experience with Tom."

Lutz, who dated Cable as recently as January 2009, said she remembers Cable hitting her "three, four times." She described a scene in a car after they left a restaurant where "[Cable] just got so angry I could not recognize him."

Last Jan. 6, Lutz said she came to Cable's house early in the morning and found another woman there. According to a police report from Alameda, Calif., Lutz became "very upset" and "demanded to meet the woman." Lutz told police that after an altercation, Cable "grabbed her by the left arm, causing her to fall to the ground" and "eventually pick[ed] her up and pushed her out the front door."

Lutz went to the emergency room and was treated for back pain and a contusion. Lutz also told police Cable had grabbed her by the neck several months earlier.

She did not press charges with any police jurisdictions.

Cable remarried in May, according to a statement issued on Carol Cable's behalf by Tom Cable's attorney. In the statement, Carol Cable said she was the woman in Cable's house the morning of Jan. 6 when Lutz showed up unannounced. Even though Carol Cable told Alameda police that she did not see Lutz that morning, according to a police report, Carol Cable now says she heard her getting angry.

"I was present at Tom's house when Marie Lutz came to the house in January of this year," her statement reads, in part. "At approximately 5 a.m., we heard someone pounding very loudly on the front door and ringing the doorbell over and over again.

"When Tom opened the door, Ms. Lutz told him she needed to talk to him, that she needed his help, and begged him to let her into the house," the statement said. "After she entered the house, the two of them had a verbal exchange. At no time did Tom commit any act of violence toward her. After not getting what she wanted from Tom, Ms. Lutz screamed at Tom 'I am going to ruin your [expletive deleted] life and I am going to ruin your [expletive deleted] career if it is the last thing I ever do.' "

Sandy Cable told OTL that she called the police when she was married to him, but she didn't receive any support from local law enforcement officers in Idaho, where they lived. "I was quite young, didn't understand the system," she said. "This was prior to domestic abuse being a big issue ... before mandatory arrest laws."

Sandy Cable said that, when she and Tom Cable broke up, she suggested counseling. "That angered him even further," she said.
Through his attorneys, Cable declined to comment earlier. On Sunday, he released a statement through his agent and attorney Donald Yee, saying "on only one occasion in my life have I ever touched a woman inappropriately."

"More than 20 years ago, during my first marriage, I became aware that my wife Sandy had committed adultery. I became very angry and slapped her with an open hand. What I did was wrong and I have regretted and felt sorrow about that moment ever since," Cable said in his statement. " ... The incident involving Ms. Lutz, in which she came to my home uninvited, was fully investigated by the Alameda Police Department and I cooperated fully with that investigation. I never battered her in any way. The police concluded, correctly, that I had done nothing wrong and that was the end of the matter."

Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

After Sunday's game, Cable was asked if these off-field issues wear on him.

"Who knows, maybe they're tied together," Cable said. "You know that's really all I can say about it. Like I said, I gave an earlier statement that was released and I'm going to stand by it."

The NFL had been considering whether to discipline Cable under the league's personal conduct policy, which specifically identifies workplace violence.

League spokesman Greg Aiello issued a statement Sunday saying the NFL would review the matters "in conjunction with the Raiders and consistent with our personal conduct policy."

The Raiders had no comment before Sunday's game.

"We've got nothing to say right now," Raiders senior executive John Hererra said.

Cable, 44, was the Raiders' offensive line coach in 2007-08 but took over as head coach when Lane Kiffin was fired four weeks into the 2008 season. He broke into the NFL in 2007 as an offensive line coach with the Atlanta Falcons. Cable coached at eight universities between 1987 and 2005, including four seasons as head coach at the University of Idaho.

Cable had been accused of assaulting and threatening to kill Hanson at a meeting at the team's training camp hotel in Napa, Calif., on Aug. 5. Hanson was treated for a broken jaw following the incident.

Hanson reportedly did not want to press charges when he went to the hospital, but officials contacted local authorities. When interviewed, Raiders assistant coaches John Marshall, Lionel Washington and Willie Brown did not back Hanson's version of events, telling investigators that Cable did not punch Hanson or make any verbal threats.

Lieberstein, in declining to prosecute Cable, said the coaches told police that Cable became angry and rushed toward Hanson, but Washington stepped between the two. Cable ran into Washington, who bumped into Hanson and knocked him out of his chair. The witnesses also told authorities that Cable then grabbed Hanson by the shirt but never struck or threatened him.

Why are Sandy Cable and Lutz talking now? Sandy Cable told "Outside the Lines" she spoke up "because it continues to happen."Lutz said she wants Cable to get help for his anger. "This is the reason why I'm here now," Lutz said.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah they were bad this past yr, but they had a lot of success as an offense when he was there too.
He got there in 2011. Their rankimgs in rushing offense:

2012: 1st in rush attempts, 3rd yds
2013: 2nd attempts, 4th yds
2014: 2nd attempts, 1st yds
2015: 3rd attempts, 3rd yds

Marshan Lynch retired after the 2015 season, and Thomas Rawls (their other good back) had multiple injuries.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Almost a rock solid guarantee if we hire Cable that ESPN and some other media clowns go crazy about this. Havent heard a peep of this in years anywhere else he's been, but by golly if Dallas hires him there should be mobs with pitchforks protesting. The narrative will definitely be the Cowboys and Jones are soft on domestic violence. This is from 2009

Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable abused them,

**snipped**

Why are Sandy Cable and Lutz talking now? Sandy Cable told "Outside the Lines" she spoke up "because it continues to happen."Lutz said she wants Cable to get help for his anger. "This is the reason why I'm here now," Lutz said.

slide him over to RB coach instead?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I want Kevin Cogan!! I don't know if he can coach...but he would kill any slackers and probably beat the shit out of the clapper.

Cogan%20Kevin.jpg

Its an unusual move but why the hell not, I'm open to anything at this point

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Why not, these two franchise have done things pretty much the same over the last 20+ years anyways.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
5 Comparisons: Cowboys' Jason Garrett vs Super Bowl head coaches
By: Donrey Mariñas

Jason Garrett and his staff have missed the playoffs for the fifth time in his seven seasons as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. There was plenty of speculation by media and fans alike 2017’s failure could be it for the Princeton alumnus. Ultimately the Cowboys front office elected to stand by Garrett for at least one more year, citing the importance of continuity.

At what point does continuity turn into redundancy? When will enough be enough, and at what point does Jerry Jones need to cut his losses?

Here’s a look at how the 2016 NFL Coach of the Year stacks up against the 14 coaches who have won their first Super Bowl since after the salary cap was implemented, analyzing age, tenure, resume, roster building and inherited talent.

Garrett: 51

Garrett is above the average. While not necessarily a detriment, it should be taken into consideration only six of the 14 are older than Garrett is now.

Barry Switzer (DAL)
Dick Vermeil (STL)
Tom Coughlin (NYG)
Pete Carroll (SEA)
Gary Kubiak (DEN)

Average time for coach to win championship from hire: 4 seasons
Garrett total HC time with Dallas: 7 seasons

3 of the 14 first-time winners of Super Bowls were hired prior to the cap era. Of those hired since, five years is the longest amount of time it took any of them to win. The slow pokes were Tony Dungy (IND), Mike McCarthy (GB) and John Harbaugh (BAL).

The average was four years, with Jon Gruden (TAM) and Kubiak winning it all in their first year at the helm. Looking at this, the data suggests that if Garrett hasn’t figure it out by now, his eighth season, he never will.

Average experience prior to hire: 12.76 seasons
Garrett: 6

At the time Garrett was promoted from offensive coordinator, he had six years of NFL coaching experience; two with the Miami Dolphins as QB coach before coming to Dallas.

Only Mike Tomlin (PIT) had as little NFL experience as Garrett and has ended up taking home a title.

Only one coach had less experience when he was hired, Dallas’ Switzer, who was hired with absolutely no NFL locations on his resume.

Average selections between hire and championship: 24.48
draft picks made by Cowboys under Garrett: 57

Most of the time when a new head coach is named it is to turn a team around, and the best way to do that is to draft well. Drafting well should establish a foundation and culture for the team that is in line with the Head Coach’s vision for success.

This April’s draft will mark the eighth time that Garrett has sat in the HC’s seat in the Cowboys draft day war room. In his tenure he has selected more than double the average amount it took for the winning coaches to form a Championship squad.

Garrett has made more selections than any of the 14 coaches at the time of their championship win, 10 more picks than the McCarthy, who made 47 before winning his first title. When it came to the average selection per year, the average championship coach made 7.96 selections each year while the former Cowboys QB made an average of 8.14.

Average number of Pro-Bowl players when hired: 3.6
Average number of Pro-Bowl players on Championship teams: 5.5
Pro-Bowl players on roster when Garrett was hired: 6

Witten, Matt McBriar, DeMarcus Ware, Andre Gurode, Miles Austin, and Jay Ratliff were all named to the 2010 Pro-Bowl the year Dallas finished 6-10 and fired HC Wade Phillips mid-way through the season. The following January, Garrett was officially promoted to full-time coach.

Since his elevation, Garrett has fielded just two teams which produced as many or more Pro-Bowl players than when he was first hired. In 2014 Dallas had eight Pro Bowlers and in 2016 had six. Only Switzer and the 95 Dallas Cowboys had more Pro-Bwolers with 10 and are the only team in the study that has won a Super Bowl with double-digit Pro-Bowl selections.

Only Kubiak and Switzer inherited more Pro-Bowlers than Garrett, while Gruden and Brian Billick both had six in their first years as HC.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think its understated how psychotic Romo worked during and after practice during the first few years in Dallas. I remember David Lee talking about how Romo wore him out staying late after practice. Regardless, Romo has always been high on Lee. Hoping the pokes at least take a look.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
sure,

lets get david lee, bruce lee, stan lee, angelina jo lee,,, bring em all

dak's gonna need all the help he can get. his brain is probably still rattling around in his head after the beating he took this year

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
sure,

lets get david lee, bruce lee, stan lee, angelina jo lee,,, bring em all

dak's gonna need all the help he can get. his brain is probably still rattling around in his head after the beating he took this year

LOL

Top Bottom