Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My main concern is head coach. Now that the defense is playing a lot better it might not be as bad. You could tell at week2 of last year that he either didn't have that team motivated or ready for that game. Dallas got their asses kicked by what turned out to be a crap team led by a crap QB.

Reaction score
A lot of people have been talking up the defense this year... now watch it go out there and absolutely SUCK in the regular season.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A lot of people have been talking up the defense this year... now watch it go out there and absolutely SUCK in the regular season.

ya theyre gonna be pretty tired from all the 3 and outs from the dak-friendly offense

conditioning is so important for scratching, fighting and clawing

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:facepalm

I can't even comprehend how they could think he's a decent backup. That literally could wreck the season if he has to play.

I almost wonder if Garrett's thought process on this is "well if my starter goes down and I have a cruddy backup, Jerry wont fire me because it wont be my fault if we lose"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So what’s changed over the years?

We haven’t had a competent back up QB in forever

Just look what shit piles we trotted out behind Romo

They couldn’t even win a damn game. And now one of them is our QB Coach!

Welcome to the shit show that is the Dallas Cowboys

They did win 13 games with a backup QB in 2016

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ya theyre gonna be pretty tired from all the 3 and outs from the dak-friendly offense

I don't think we're going to have a lot of 3 and outs unless we have to play all these scrub backups

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Honestly I'd be surprised at that. They looked too good in December last yr and have looked much improved over that this year. I also think Kris Richard has a significant impact.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
My hope is that Coach Richard can impress Jeruh enough this season so that he replaces Garrett with him after this seasons massive failures.

I just don’t know if he is enough of a yes man for Jeruh to consider hiring him

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
They did win 13 games with a backup QB in 2016

Hos would remind u that it was a 3rd string rookie and Garrett did the best coaching job we've seen in the last 10 years that season. Better than anything any other coach did in the past 10 years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hos would remind u that it was a 3rd string rookie and Garrett did the best coaching job we've seen in the last 10 years that season. Better than anything any other coach did in the past 10 years.

"NFL coach of the year"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Remind me: is Mr. Vander Esch still on the team?

Yeah his injury situation sux and is starting to look like one of those typical "well we're being cautious"..."well he's day to day"..."well he might miss a week or so".....to gone for the year

It's been 2+ weeks now since he's practiced and he isn't going to practice or play this week either according to what I read this morning.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Carpenter 2.0

nobody lies about or misdiagnoses injuries quite like the Cowboys

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Yeah, ever notice there is just the slightest difference between pre-season and regular season. I like Richard but I dont see him over coming what I know is as usual, is over rated talent. They'll be mid pack.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Except of course when you are involved Jerry.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, ever notice there is just the slightest difference between pre-season and regular season. I like Richard but I dont see him over coming what I know is as usual, is over rated talent. They'll be mid pack.

Wow...overrated talent? Really?

Top Bottom