dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Note the words long term absence. So anybody thinking a couple games probably having a wet dream.

I think if he's ready to play by November, that's probably the best case scenario.

Definitely going to have to be some roster moves here. Looney was the swing G/C and now presumably will be the starting C, so we need someone to take his spot.

Fleming has been hot & cold at LT, so having another option at backup T is probably needed as well, just in case.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm having to reconsider my 19-0 prediction for 2018.

I'm sure we will be no worse than 17-2 however, and we will win the Super Bowl by 4 tds instead of 5 or 6 if it weren't for these other injury concerns.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's his liver that needs drowning, but he would just immediately jump to the head of the list for a liver transplant.

He would just go buy one on the black market for $1 mil if he ever needed one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Big game for Looney Sunday night.

Still lots of unknowns with Fred. Could be out a few games or miss most (if not all of the season)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Big game for Looney Sunday night.

Still lots of unknowns with Fred. Could be out a few games or miss most (if not all of the season)

I've been reading up on his disease and have read absolutely nothing encouraging yet. It's an insidious, destructive horrible condition I wouldn't even wish on Jerry.

Oh wait. Sure as hell would.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:facepalm

I can't even comprehend how they could think he's a decent backup. That literally could wreck the season if he has to play.

So what’s changed over the years?

We haven’t had a competent back up QB in forever

Just look what shit piles we trotted out behind Romo

They couldn’t even win a damn game. And now one of them is our QB Coach!

Welcome to the shit show that is the Dallas Cowboys

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So what’s changed over the years?

We haven’t had a competent back up QB in forever

Just look what shit piles we trotted out behind Romo

They couldn’t even win a damn game. And now one of them is our QB Coach!

Welcome to the shit show that is the Dallas Cowboys
The fucking all-important "Governor's Cup" game is less than 48 hours away and we're NOT ready.

Dammit, please FOCUS!

DDdave

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I see the Cowboys maybe getting to a 3-4 record at the Bye week giving some delusional fans just enough hope that things could turn around.......and then the wheels come off once again. Last or maybe tied for last in the NFCE at 6-10. It has become the Cowboy's Way under JG!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Given the incompetence from ownership on down, the backup QB doesn't matter imo because they need to put all their resources into the best players they can luck into and hope the rest of the league suffers catastrophic injuries while the cowboys miraculously avoid injuries and then perhaps the miracle of miracles happens and they win another soup bowl

gamble, gamble is the only way I see these buffoons ever winning anything

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
:facepalm

I can't even comprehend how they could think he's a decent backup. That literally will wreck the season if he has to play.

I fixed that for you.

Glennon, Stanton, Dobbs, and Bridgewater could all be available. At least a couple will be available, and all are light years better than Cooper Rush.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Given the incompetence from ownership on down, the backup QB doesn't matter imo because they need to put all their resources into the best players they can luck into and hope the rest of the league suffers catastrophic injuries while the cowboys miraculously avoid injuries and then perhaps the miracle of miracles happens and they win another soup bowl

The Eagles suffered catastrophic injuries at key positions last year and won the Super Bowl with a so called washed up back up QB that good ole Jeruh said wasn’t a good fit for the Cowboys.

But Matt Cassell, Brandon Weedon and Helen Moore were perfect fits

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The Eagles suffered catastrophic injuries at key positions last year and won the Super Bowl with a so called washed up back up QB that good ole Jeruh said wasn’t a good fit for the Cowboys.

But Matt Cassell, Brandon Weedon and Helen Moore were perfect fits

And Weedeater threw the nicest ball Jerry has ever seen.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Let's be honest. We've tracked opponents injuries as much as anything. Even the fan base knows that's pretty much our only hope. But even Matt Flynn hired off the street beat this team and it's incompetent HC. This team is a dumpster fire.

Top Bottom