dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My question to you is, where has this team gotten better except LG? I see Connor Williams as an instant upgrade. I have hope for Gallup and even if he is exactly as good as Dez it is treading water. LVE has a whole lot to prove. So where exactly has this team improved? It sure wasnt in the coaching staff.

LVE at least has two functional legs (unlike Jaylon last yr) and he is bigger and faster than Hitchens. He has a lot to prove but he certainly is a talent upgrade over Smith and Hutchens IMO. I think the secondary will be markedly better. Irving being a fruit loop this offseason worries me, but I do like the overall depth of the DL.

Offensively while Dez and Witten were big names that had both been big time players at some point, I don't think either being on the field for us last yr was a plus. I see them being gone as addition by subtraction. Yes, whomever replaces them has big shoes to fill, but neither guy scared any teams defenses any longer.

Adding Kris Richard to the coaching staff was also a big upgrade IMO.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I got a feeling the imbeciles running the FO are so focused on paying Dak (should not be on their minds now) that they are going to fuck this up.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

B.S. even with a healthy Jaylon they were short on LB’s and in need of playmakers at that position. Not sure if LVE will be that playmaker but they needed someone at that position high in the draft.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
B.S. even with a healthy Jaylon they were short on LB’s and in need of playmakers at that position. Not sure if LVE will be that playmaker but they needed someone at that position high in the draft.

Yep... It's the fact we have a china doll in Lee, more than the fact of the Gimp, that led us to high-draft LVE. The D disappears when Lee tears his vulva and they're hoping it doesn't collapse with LVE in there.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No. 19: Dallas Cowboys

LB Leighton Vander Esch. He is serving as the middle linebacker with the second-team defense at the moment behind Jaylon Smith, but that has nothing to do with how he has looked in OTAs. He has displayed the range necessary to cover, and he also has done a nice job dissecting the running game. The Cowboys view Vander Esch as a multilevel player with the ability to drop in coverage and attack the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys know they will need him to play a ton of snaps as a rookie and have liked what they have seen so far. Status: Right on track. -- Todd Archer

NFL draft 2018 - Early impressions of all 32 first-round picks after OTAs, practices

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No. 19: Dallas Cowboys

LB Leighton Vander Esch. He is serving as the middle linebacker with the second-team defense at the moment behind Jaylon Smith, but that has nothing to do with how he has looked in OTAs. He has displayed the range necessary to cover, and he also has done a nice job dissecting the running game. The Cowboys view Vander Esch as a multilevel player with the ability to drop in coverage and attack the line of scrimmage. The Cowboys know they will need him to play a ton of snaps as a rookie and have liked what they have seen so far. Status: Right on track. -- Todd Archer

NFL draft 2018 - Early impressions of all 32 first-round picks after OTAs, practices

good find

i went ahead and put the rest of the rookies in a tier based system from the link::

"Ahead of the curve."
#10 - Josh Rosen (QB, Cardinals)
#11 - Minkah Fitzpatrick (S, Dolphins)
#16 - Tremaine Edmunds (LB, Bills)
#25 - Hayden Hurst (TE, Ravens)

"Right on track."
#2 - Shaquon Barkley (RB, Giants)
#4 - Denzel Ward (CB, Browns)
#5 - Bradley Chubb (DE/Edge, Broncos)
#6 - Quenton Nelson (OG, Colts)
#8 - Roquan Smith (LB, Bears)
#9 - Mike McGlinchey (OT, 49ers)
#13 - Da'Ron Payne (DT, Redskins)
#14 - Marcus Davenport (DE, Saints)
#17 - Derwin James (S, Chargers)
#18 - Jaire Alexander (CB, Packers)
#19 - Leighton Vander Esch (LB, Cowboys)
#22 - Rashaan Evans (LB, Titans)
#26 - Calvin Ridley (WR, Falcons)
#28 - Terrell Edmunds (S, Steelers)
#30 - Mike Hughes (CB, Vikings)
#31 - Sony Michel (RB, Patriots)

"Too soon to tell."
#1 - Baker Mayfield (QB, Browns)
#3 - Sam Darnold (QB, Jets)
#7 - Josh Allen (QB, Browns)
#12 - Vita Vea (DT, Buccaneers)
#15 - Kolton Miller (OT, Raiders)
#20 - Frank Ragnow (OG/C, Lions)
#21 - Billy Price (C, Bengals)
#23 - Isaiah Wynn (OT/OG, Patriots)
#24 - DJ Moore (WR, Panthers)
#27 - Rashaad Penny (RB, Seahawks)
#29 - Taven Bryan (DT, Jaguars)
#32 - Lamar Jackson (QB, Ravens)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
2019 is going to be our year!

We will have all the cap room because Dez and Romo will finally be off the books

We will have a top 10 draft pick from our failure of a 2018 season

I can’t wait for this season to end and next off season to begin

It’s going to be epic! LOL

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Knock on wood

We have not had a single player suspended for the start of the season yet.

This could be the first time in many years. Although T Willy might get a game or two for his car crash drunken electric bike ride situation

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Garrett struggled to win w/o Romo. Garrett struggles to win w/o Sean Lee. Its the guys that can help the other players that need a coach like Romo and Lee that carry the Red Fraud.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lee is so good

it really sucks that he is always getting hurt

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Garrett struggled to win w/o Romo. Garrett struggles to win w/o Sean Lee. Its the guys that can help the other players that need a coach like Romo and Lee that carry the Red Fraud.

Its way past time to get over the "Garrett struggled to win without Romo" stuff. It isn't like he won big as a HC when Romo was out there and in fact his best yr as a HC came with Dak Prescott as a 4th rd pick rookie starting all the games.

Garrett just struggles to win, period. It has nothing to do with who is or isn't at QB.

Top Bottom