dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL network just stated that T Willy was only arrested for public intoxication and that his vehicle was found crashed nearby

So he was not charged with DUI/DWI OR with causing the accident. Just with public intoxication

Interesting

Jeruh must have rolled out his huge checkbook last night. T Willy prolly called him when it happened and said “Big Daddy, I fucked up, I’m gonna need you to fix something for me”

I kinda doubt it. I didn't think he was making the team even before this happened, now I am 100% convinced he wont be here.

If he hadn't gotten injured I think they would have tried to trade him or released him around the draft.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I figure I have somewhere around 20-25 years left above ground. I honestly think that unless the Jones plague is removed from Frisco, I have witnessed my last Cowboy SB win, probably last SB appearance.

me too and I said the exact same thing before Super Bowl 30 so I begged, borrowed and stole so I could go to that game

24 years and counting and that belief is still on point

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
me too and I said the exact same thing before Super Bowl 30 so I begged, borrowed and stole so I could go to that game

I dont think it was as much fun at SB XXX as it was at SB XXVII but it sure was sweet watching all those dejected Pitt fans walking out of that stadium in disbelief. Ive never enjoyed the misery of others as much as I did that day!

Reaction score
I dont think it was as much fun at SB XXX as it was at SB XXVII but it sure was sweet watching all those dejected Pitt fans walking out of that stadium in disbelief. Ive never enjoyed the misery of others as much as I did that day!

I never ever let them forget, nor do I ever let their bullshit excuses stand uncontested.

If you ever want to shut a Stealer fan up just remind them that it was Dallas that ruined their formerly undefeated record in Super Bowls. They had come to believe that the Cowboys beating them in a SB was something that simply wasn't possible according to the laws of physics. That is why their disappointment in that one loss is greater than their joy in winning all the others combined.

Fuck the Stealers.

Reaction score

I've already accepted it. I am only hanging on long enough to give Stephen just one chance to run the organization properly once Jerry is out of the picture. If he does not change the way things are ran, then I will just simply give up watching the NFL completely. I already pretty much hate the NFL anyways.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

subtle brag, eh? I didn't go to SB 27 but it was nirvana for 2 weeks when they finally got the monkey off their back by beating the Niners and then blasting the Bills, I still get a high from the 92 championship game

SB XXX was nerve-racking in the 2nd half, they could have easily lost that game and Pitt had all the momentum in the 2nd half until O'Donnell paid off his bookies with those 2 INTs

Its been dog shit ever since

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
subtle brag, eh? I didn't go to SB 27 but it was nirvana for 2 weeks when they finally got the monkey off their back by beating the Niners and then blasting the Bills, I still get a high from the 92 championship game

SB XXX was nerve-racking in the 2nd half, they could have easily lost that game and Pitt had all the momentum in the 2nd half until O'Donnell paid off his bookies with those 2 INTs

Its been dog shit ever since

Nah I was fortunate enough to go to both. 27 was just an awesome experience. 30 was nerve racking in the 2nd half like you said and more of a relief to just win the game. It was as if it was a pay back for the fact that we didnt get to 29 and win it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
SB XXX was nerve-racking in the 2nd half

It sure was. Offense couldn't do shit. Not prepared for the onside kick. Etc. If Irvin isn't called for that bullshit pushing off penalty early in the game, which wiped out a TD, it would have been an easier ride.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It sure was. Offense couldn't do shit. Not prepared for the onside kick. Etc. If Irvin isn't called for that bullshit pushing off penalty early in the game, which wiped out a TD, it would have been an easier ride.

There was some other screwy stuff in that game too. There was that horrendous spot Pittsburgh got on their 1st TD drive that ended up being the reason they got the TD. Then there was that play where Kevin Williams was running scott free through the secondary for a possible long TD, but was essentially tackled by the Pitt DB and no flag was thrown.

The Irvin PI call was a fucking joke.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
The game never should have been as close as it was. Pitt got the momentum swing and had to use that onside kick to get back in the game. But we were the better team and should have won, and we did win.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

No doubt, that seemed to change everything. Seems like the score would have been 17-0 if Irvin isn't called but instead was 13-0 and instead of looking like a route, the game felt tight the rest of the way

cant believe its been so long, time flies...

Reaction score
Despite the ref fuckery, Pitt never had the lead, and lost by double digits - a greater margin than their two wins over Dallas combined. If the Stealers should have won a game they never had the lead in then Dallas should have won both of the 70s SB match ups.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Difference was Cowboys were the better team in 96 SB and O'Donnell was dog shit. In the 70's Pitt was the slightly better team. Is what it is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Difference was Cowboys were the better team in 96 SB and O'Donnell was dog shit. In the 70's Pitt was the slightly better team. Is what it is.

Not in SB 10. I don't believe that for one second. Without ref bullshit Dallas wins that game.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not in SB 10. I don't believe that for one second. Without ref bullshit Dallas wins that game.

Dallas fumbled 4 times, Staubach picked 3 times, sacked 7 times. I think your memory has faded on how great those Steeler defenses were back then. Held the running game to 3 yards a carry. Their D Line dominated our O Line. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

b/s in both games to be honest

And while we a young wild card team in 75 and Pitt had the better team coming in, I do believe our 78 team was better than them.

We got robbed twice.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I know we are all biased because we are Cowboy fans but has there ever been a team that has been screwed more by bad calls and bogus BS in big games over the years?

And has there ever been a team that got more gifts from the refs and lucky fluke breaks than the Stealers?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I know we are all biased because we are Cowboy fans but has there ever been a team that has been screwed more by bad calls and bogus BS in big games over the years?

And has there ever been a team that got more gifts from the refs and lucky fluke breaks than the Stealers?

No to both.

Stealers have several championships tainted by horrendous officiating. Both the games vs us (75 and 78) were pretty bogus. They robbed Seattle and Arizona those two years too.

Top Bottom