NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
No to both.

Stealers have several championships tainted by horrendous officiating. Both the games vs us (75 and 78) were pretty bogus. They robbed Seattle and Arizona those two years too.

Yep. Its too many things to just be mere coincidence.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Cheer up. Looking at the NFC landscape, it is looking less likely for the Cowboys to make the playoffs.

Yea, but Jason will do a marvelous coaching job just to sneek into the playoffs and Jerry will know we're close with this genius coach.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Yea, but Jason will do a marvelous coaching job just to sneek into the playoffs and Jerry will know we're close with this genius coach.

New members of coaching staff, new receiver corps, defense not gelled, the excuses are warming up in the bullpen right now.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
New members of coaching staff, new receiver corps, defense not gelled, the excuses are warming up in the bullpen right now.

Yep and Jerry will see what a great job Red will do with this group so stay the course. We're oh so close . . .

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sadly thats prob all he has to do to keep his job.

Sadly I don’t think he even has to do that to keep his job. I’m of the belief that he keeps his job regardless. At least for 1 more year. That’s how long his contract runs. I don’t see Jerry wanting to dump him and I don’t see Stephen wanting to pay Red to go away and also have to pay for a new head coach.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Sadly I don’t think he even has to do that to keep his job. I’m of the belief that he keeps his job regardless. At least for 1 more year. That’s how long his contract runs. I don’t see Jerry wanting to dump him and I don’t see Stephen wanting to pay Red to go away and also have to pay for a new head coach.

Yea, Jerry doesnt wanna run a great coach out before he has a chance to fully implement everything . . . .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheer up. Looking at the NFC landscape, it is looking less likely for the Cowboys to make the playoffs.

I don't know. If Prescott plays the way he did the first 25 games of his career and most of the key guys stay healthy, I could see them making the playoffs again. I think the OL is going to be better and the defense has a chance to really be improved.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is SO SURE Garrett keeps his job if he doesn't make the playoffs this season. I seriously doubt he does.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is SO SURE Garrett keeps his job if he doesn't make the playoffs this season. I seriously doubt he does.

I think he has to win at least one playoff game this year. Even that might not be enough though. If they made it as a WC, won that first weekend and then got smoked in round two I think Jones would have a hard time selling fans (and players) on bringing Garrett back yet again after a failed season.

It really might be NFC Champ game or bust for him.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With the current coaching staff and roster I am looking at a 6 win team right now. The O Line and Zeke will be the strength. I dont believe in Dak. I dont believe in Austin. I only see one playmaker (Zeke) on offense who opposing DCs will try and take away. On defense I dont like the DTs, I dont trust Lawrence to stay healthy. The LB corps is a mess and I dont trust Lee to stay healthy. The Safties are average at best and if the D Line doesnt get pressure the young corners will get eaten alive. Sorry I dont see a playoff team here by any stretch.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With the current coaching staff and roster I am looking at a 6 win team right now. The O Line and Zeke will be the strength. I dont believe in Dak. I dont believe in Austin. I only see one playmaker (Zeke) on offense who opposing DCs will try and take away. On defense I dont like the DTs, I dont trust Lawrence to stay healthy. The LB corps is a mess and I dont trust Lee to stay healthy. The Safties are average at best and if the D Line doesnt get pressure the young corners will get eaten alive. Sorry I dont see a playoff team here by any stretch.

Yeah sorry I respect you amigo, but I cant see this team being worse than last year's team if all the key guys stay healthy.

If Prescott plays like he did the 2nd half of last yr then I could see you maybe being right, otherwise I don't see anyway this is a 6-10 team unless they are just overrun by injuries.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah sorry I respect you amigo, but I cant see this team being worse than last year's team if all the key guys stay healthy.

If Prescott plays like he did the 2nd half of last yr then I could see you maybe being right, otherwise I don't see anyway this is a 6-10 team unless they are just overrun by injuries.

My question to you is, where has this team gotten better except LG? I see Connor Williams as an instant upgrade. I have hope for Gallup and even if he is exactly as good as Dez it is treading water. LVE has a whole lot to prove. So where exactly has this team improved? It sure wasnt in the coaching staff.

Top Bottom