theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Anybody got a dollar burning a hole in their pocket? You could get 1800% return on your investment.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Other than the part about the GM, the HC, and the QB, yeah I confuse these teams all the time.

OmerV

Spectator
Reaction score
I’m sure what you meant to say is that there is no way in hell any other team/GM would give him an early megabucks extension, but of course Jeruh will

Jerry specifically said they have to take advantage of where Dak's contract is now, so that indicates they are not planning to extend him anytime soon.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s pretty much an annual event other than the outlying 12-4 and 13-3 season

Even when we do have a good season and make the playoffs we still shit the bed!

23 years of continued failure to win a Championship game and even make an appearance in the Super Bowl has taught us this much

With Jeruh and company still at the helm there is zero hope that this will change until he dies.

Moving on from the failed Garrett experiment is a start in the right direction but the problems lie deeper than just Garrett

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
23 years of continued failure to win a Championship game
Or even appear in one.
So 2018 was a debacle
The OP is predicting that it WILL be. It's a play off of my thread from early in preseason last year, "The 2017 Dallas Debacle as I see it" and it was amazingly accurate.

Reaction score
So 2018 was a debacle even before the 2017 season ended?

Who's our coach?

Who's our President/Owner/GM/Emperor?

If the answers to that hasn't changed from previous years, then we are on our way to another limp dick season.

We didn't use free agency to improve the team in any serious way.

We lost three draft slots in each round by winning the meaningless game against Philly to end last season.

Zeke is not keeping himself in shape in the off season (becoming a trend).

Our supposed #1 receiver is an emotional wreck, a mental 8 year old, and costs far more than he is worth against the cap.

Our starting tight end is 100 years old, and runs slower than I do.

Our defense hinges on one injury prone player, and collapses to historic bad whenever he is out.

What do you think is going to happen in 2018?

What over the last near quarter century gives you any hope?

Reaction score
One more thing to expand on my previous post: we were guaranteed another shit burger when Jerry didn't fire the whole coaching staff, nor retire from GM duties that he no longer even gives enough of a fuck to pretend to do.

The other problems I listed could be fixed with a new coaching staff given control of the team.

OmerV

Spectator
Reaction score
Or even appear in one.
The OP is predicting that it WILL be. It's a play off of my thread from early in preseason last year, "The 2017 Dallas Debacle as I see it" and it was amazingly accurate.

Well, I just can't give much credence to this kind of claim before free agency or the draft, nor can I give much credence to something that completely discounts the idea of competitiveness and overcoming obstacles, which is the essence of athletic competition. If a person doesn't believe in that, what's the point of being a fan?

I wonder how many people predicted a debacle in 2016 when after the disaster 2015 season, or after Romo went down in preseason? Obviously it's fair to recognize when there are obstacles and questions, but the saying there is a reason they play the games is valid.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Having Garrett continue on as the HC pretty much negates anything we may do in the draft or in FA.

That is the ultimate problem. We have zero faith that Garrett has the capacity/ability to “coach em up” or to call a game that is not utterly predictable

The players may change, but the results remain the same with Garrett as HC (and with Jerry as GM)

OmerV

Spectator
Reaction score
Having Garrett continue on as the HC pretty much negates anything we may do in the draft or in FA.

That is the ultimate problem. We have zero faith that Garrett has the capacity/ability to “coach em up” or to call a game that is not utterly predictable

The players may change, but the results remain the same with Garrett as HC (and with Jerry as GM)

Then how did we go from 4-12 to 13-3 after drafting Zeke and Dak? Garrett may be an obstacle, but there is no validity to the idea that the team can't improve after drafting better players.

Top Bottom