Reaction score
247Sports

There are some well made points in this article

The $25 million dollar savings over the next two years is reason enough

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
afc88b508c638dbfb140eca4f3e75097.jpg

Since Dez came into the league in 2010 he has had only 3 years with double digit TD’s and 1k yards

Unacceptable from a highly paid number one receiver

His stats look like an acceptable number two. But certainly not a number WR

Look at the drop off from his contract year in 2014. He had 16 in 2014 and he’s had 17 total TD’s since 2014 which includes this season

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
afc88b508c638dbfb140eca4f3e75097.jpg

Since Dez came into the league in 2010 he has had only 3 years with double digit TD’s and 1k yards

Unacceptable from a highly paid number one receiver

His stats look like an acceptable number two. But certainly not a number WR

Look at the drop off from his contract year in 2014. He had 16 in 2014 and he’s had 17 total TD’s since 2014 which includes this season

What year did he whine his way into that big money contract? The last 3 years he has left nothing but floaters in the bowl.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What year did he whine his way into that big money contract? The last 3 years he has left nothing but floaters in the bowl.

There is your clue

His contract year was his last decent year (2014)

He hasn’t done shit since then

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Even D Ware sees through the Dez bullshit

"[Dez Bryant] said he's not going to take a pay cut, and I know guys that they have that are producing right now," said Ware. "You've got Demarcus Lawrence who's producing, you got Zack Martin who's producing. They've got to pay those two guys. You've got Sean Lee.

"So you've got to figure out where you fit in the scheme of things when you haven't been producing that last couple years, right? And so, if you don't take a pay cut, you're not going to be there. When you're going against Jerry Jones - he's a business man. He's going to do whatever it takes for the team. With the $12 million that they owe him, $12.5 million for the next two years, you're going to have to take a pay cut to go and get the extra guys to help out your team and be that team player.

"I had to do it. Romo had to do it. Witten had to do it. All those guys have to do those things. You can get, what, four or five Cole Beasleys, right? And so you have to think about what you can bring to the game for them.

"They're going to go...to Dez and [say] we're not going to pay you 12.5, can you do something for us to help out the team? If you say no, I'm not going to take a pay cut - guess what, you're not going to be with the Dallas Cowboys. I've been in that situation before to where I think they owed me $12-13 million and I said I will take a pay cut. But the thing is, I had been producing.

"If you're not producing, and you say I'm not going to take a pay cut. Well then, we're going to figure out what we can do, what options we can to bring to the game."

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We can only hope the front office is smart enough to make it happen

I doubt it will. It will be business as usual come the preseason

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
We can only hope the front office is smart enough to make it happen

I doubt it will. It will be business as usual come the preseason
Yep, Dez (like Garrett and Gregory amongst others) is one of Jerry's pet projects, and we all know how difficult Jerry finds it to move on from them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, Dez (like Garrett and Gregory amongst others) is one of Jerry's pet projects, and we all know how difficult Jerry finds it to move on from them.
It's almost like Jerruh tries to prove year after year that the Jimmy Johnsons and the Bill Belechicks of the world are wrong, and you CAN win the Lombardi with dumb players.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's almost like Jerruh tries to prove year after year that the Jimmy Johnsons and the Bill Belechicks of the world are wrong, and you CAN win the Lombardi with dumb players.

Ha!

Reaction score

HAHAAH!! And an incompetent GM. Not to mention a useless HC.

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Seems ever since he got a big contract, numbers have dipped. But they all do when you get a new deal.

Reaction score
Anyway, everybody, including Bryant knows he is done bluffing his way along in Dallas. He gets released.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He had a train-wreck year for sure.

No way they can justify paying him what he is getting now. He isn't solely to blame for his bad season, but there's no excuse for being at the top of the league in drops, that's all on him.

Top Bottom