MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
theres a preview of the new episode of hard knocks of dez meeting with hue jackson

hue asks dez what hes looking for from the browns

dez says he just wants come in, chill with the browns and to be honest with him

not prove people that he can still play

not help the team win games

not provide veteran leadership to young receivers (lol i would spit out my coffee if i was hue jackson and dez bryant told me that)

nope

dez wants to chill

and he wants honesty

I heard the audio this morning and can definitely see why Cleveland has no interest in signing him.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really underestimated how stupid this guy is. But the real issue is why couldn't the team see it. I mean, he was here for years before they paid him a monster contract. He probably could have fetched a 1st round pick to some unsuspecting team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez while talking to the Browns HC

“I love to learn”

Yeah, ok Dez, unless it’s a new route, then I hate that shit!

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
So a fan tweets Dez recruiting him to New England and Dez tweets back that Tom Brady has always been his favorite player.

:anklehump

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dez's jersey sales probably stayed high enough for jeri and his spawn to over-rule any football people in the building who were advocating for his ouster

You may be right. There's no way this level of absolute stupidity just surfaced now. I mean, the monkey should have been a red flag.....

Reaction score
You may be right. There's no way this level of absolute stupidity just surfaced now. I mean, the monkey should have been a red flag.....

It was for Troy Aikman. He lost his shit when Dez's monkey showed up. The idiot, cancerous player bringing a monkey to the locker room was how Aikman knew the 90s ride was over.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

That "lone option" appears to be more like a wishful option at this point.

One of the most interesting conversations of my training camp tour this summer was when I came across a non-Cowboys evaluator who had spent a lot of time parsing through Bryant’s film. According to this evaluator, Bryant had spent his career essentially making his living on four routes: back-shoulder throws, slants, digs and some variation of a fade or corner route in an attempt to win 50-50 opportunities. This was the scouting report on him and it rarely deviated, the evaluator said.

Bryant wasn’t a precise route-runner to begin with, and as of late he wasn’t winning with his meat and potatoes. This means that at 29 (and 30 by November), Bryant was going to need to drill down on a litany of things to compensate for what he was losing. That or relearn how to play certain aspects of his position.

“That’s why he’s not signed,” the evaluator said. “Because he’s not going to suddenly start running all these other routes and doing all the little things you have to do to be a great player.”

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bryant had spent his career essentially making his living on four routes: back-shoulder throws, slants, digs and some variation of a fade or corner route in an attempt to win 50-50 opportunities. This was the scouting report on him and it rarely deviated, the evaluator said.

# of yrs in dez's contract extension = 5

# of routes dez knows how to run = 4

good work stevie and the dallas cowboys capologists

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lost in our hate of Dez Bryant is the fact that our personnel geniuses gave this guy a huge contract. They either knew his limitations and still paid him which is completely insane, or they didn't know his limitations which is equally fucked up. #Passion

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Well yeah but he was top 10 every year in jerseys sold. Never saw a player with that many fanbois that didnt deserve it. Members of the 'Sports Center' culture apparently.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lost in our hate of Dez Bryant is the fact that our personnel geniuses gave this guy a huge contract. They either knew his limitations and still paid him which is completely insane, or they didn't know his limitations which is equally fucked up. #Passion

And I was screaming DON'T DO IT and most guys who were regulars here at the time called ME stupid.

Top Bottom