Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If there's one team that has proven it can keep veteran divas in check it's BB and the Patriots. Randy Moss had three solid years there.

And I would rate Moss's diva level much higher than Dez's. Skill level too though.

I could see it. Dez's skills such as they were may have eroded some but he is still servicable and could actually flourish under a Belechick. I don't think Dez ever had any fear of his coaches or any respect for them. He'd have a degree of both for BB. If only because of Bill's pedigree.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I would rate Moss's diva level much higher than Dez's. Skill level too though.

I could see it. Dez's skills such as they were may have eroded some but he is still servicable and could actually flourish under a Belechick. I don't think Dez ever had any fear of his coaches or any respect for them. He'd have a degree of both for BB. If only because of Bill's pedigree.

Agree 100%. Dez was enabled here. And even with all his antics (cough....cough....I mean passion), he was still re-signed and given a huge contract. BB and Brady would never put up with that, nor would the rest of the team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Dez was enabled here. And even with all his antics (cough....cough....I mean passion), he was still re-signed and given a huge contract. BB and Brady would never put up with that, nor would the rest of the team.

And I think a high octane personality like Dez NEEDS to be checked by the firm hand of a team culture, not "nurtured" by "handlers."

In NE they would challenge his abilities, heart and even manhood. THEY would set the bar instead of letting him set it. Nobody's given him that yet, his whole life.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I think a high octane personality like Dez NEEDS to be checked by the firm hand of a team culture, not "nurtured" by "handlers."

In NE they would challenge his abilities, heart and even manhood. THEY would set the bar instead of letting him set it. Nobody's given him that yet, his whole life.

Spot on Dooms, especially the bolded part. And I think these high octane personalities respect that approach more.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Spot on Dooms, especially the bolded part. And I think these high octane personalities respect that approach more.

And that lack of respect leads to what we saw. Got the big money, crossed the bar, and he coasts. Instead of exceeding himself.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dez had been telling ppl that hes most likely going to new england, but that he liked washington too

dez has already talked about him being a fit in NE once edelman comes back from his 4 game suspension. dez even went as far to describe how he'd get a lot more 1v1s in NE, and w tom throwing to him, almost everything is catchable

you could put a safe wager on dez having already spoken to someone from NE for him to come out and say the things he said

then NE got corey coleman and who knows. they might want dez later. they would have the top 2 players for receiving touchdowns the last 6 yrs or something on the same team (dez & gronk)

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dez had been telling ppl that hes most likely going to new england, but that he liked washington too

dez has already talked about him being a fit in NE once edelman comes back from his 4 game suspension. dez even went as far to describe how he'd get a lot more 1v1s in NE, and w tom throwing to him, almost everything is catchable

you could put a safe wager on dez having already spoken to someone from NE for him to come out and say the things he said

then NE got corey coleman and who knows. they might want dez later. they would have the top 2 players for receiving touchdowns the last 6 yrs or something on the same team (dez & gronk)

Dez is also still telling ppl he’s a top 5 receiver

So there’s that

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
775f312f2b06649410933e83853984fb.png

And another team that was never in the Dez sweepstakes bows out of the race for his services

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
32 teams in the league, it seems at best only 1 or 2 had even casual interest in the guy.

Some of the teams that needed WR's signed plenty of guys not named Dez Bryant. Hell New England just traded for a guy that's been suspended from the league 400 times and is probably one more bad piss test away from perma-banned instead of bothering with Dez.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
32 teams in the league, it seems at best only 1 or 2 had even casual interest in the guy.

Some of the teams that needed WR's signed plenty of guys not named Dez Bryant. Hell New England just traded for a guy that's been suspended from the league 400 times and is probably one more bad piss test away from perma-banned instead of bothering with Dez.

It's almost like if you lead the league in drops intentionally because you're butthurt about something, other teams avoid you like the plague. Isn't that right Terrell Owens?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's almost like if you lead the league in drops intentionally because you're butthurt about something, other teams avoid you like the plague. Isn't that right Terrell Owens?

Are you Doomsday at Cowboyszone too?

My guess is no, since the tone of that poster strikes me as totally different than yours (unless you've succumbed to the zone censors)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Are you Doomsday at Cowboyszone too?

My guess is no, since the tone of that poster strikes me as totally different than yours (unless you've succumbed to the zone censors)

I'm not on CZ at all and never been.

Top Bottom