dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Forgive me for not giving any credence to what arguably the worst defensive coordinator in the history of football thinks about any player, good or bad.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Forgive me for not giving any credence to what arguably the worst defensive coordinator in the history of football thinks about any player, good or bad.

Whenever Big Hair Big Belly is on FS1 he lavishes praise on everybody in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Whenever Big Hair Big Belly is on FS1 he lavishes praise on everybody in the NFL.

He still honestly believes he's a great coordinator, even though he failed miserably everywhere he went, save one fluke season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dear Fat Rob, you insipid idiot: if a corner was never worth a shit after one practice against Dez, it wasn't anything to do with Dez. The mother fucker just simply wasn't worth a shit.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Fat Rob, you insipid idiot: if a corner was never worth a shit after one practice against Dez, it wasn't anything to do with Dez. The mother fucker just simply wasn't worth a shit.

IIRC Carr and Claiborne were both gifts from Fat Rob for us

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I find it amusing that the only teams that are saying anything about Dez are the ones that come out and say that they don’t want to sign him

802653999113abd6d56644d49da3f24a.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:lol at you deflecting. I never said anything of the sort about Rob Ryan but to act like he was responsible for Claiborne is dumb.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol at you deflecting. I never said anything of the sort about Rob Ryan but to act like he was responsible for Claiborne is dumb.

It was widely reported back then that Ryan was pushing hard for the Cowboys to sign Carr and go up and get Claiborne in the draft.

Did he make the final decision on either? No, obviously not. Did he have an impact on how they ended up here, yes absolutely he did. He reportedly begged Jones and Garrett to invest heavily in the CB position to make his scheme work.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

From fat Rob's quote, it could be argued he was talking about Claiborne getting "ruined by Dez" and it's not outside the realm of possibility that he lobbied for drafting him.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did he make the final decision on either? No, obviously not. Did he have an impact on how they ended up here, yes absolutely he did. He reportedly begged Jones and Garrett to invest heavily in the CB position to make his scheme work.
Hello. Therein lies the problem with a GM that doesnt know what the fuck he is doing. Claiborne had a nice season at LSU before he was drafted but he did not test as an elite athlete, he didnt make plays, and didnt tackle. If they had a GM that watched 5 seconds of film or had a clue at what he was looking at they wouldnt have traded up for Claibone. Add that defenses are built front to back instead of vice/ versa, to take those picks and add them to the front 7 would have been 100% better use of assets.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Hello. Therein lies the problem with a GM that doesnt know what the fuck he is doing. Claiborne had a nice season at LSU before he was drafted but he did not test as an elite athlete, he didnt make plays, and didnt tackle. If they had a GM that watched 5 seconds of film or had a clue at what he was looking at they wouldnt have traded up for Claibone. Add that defenses are built front to back instead of vice/ versa, to take those picks and add them to the front 7 would have been 100% better use of assets.

Wasnt Mo lauded by a lot of people? Even saying the best CB to come out of college since Deion? Or is my memory bad?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wasnt Mo lauded by a lot of people? Even saying the best CB to come out of college since Deion?
Deion actually was a shut down corner and elite athlete. He couldnt tackle either but thats fine if you are taking the other teams #1 receiver out of the game. I also believe Claiborne had an injury history that was over looked as well.

Top Bottom