Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Taking away Beasley and letting you continue to tell your 2nd year QB to force the ball to Dez means they were forcing Jason Garrett to beat them. And you know how that goes. They do too. The drops by Dez and the picks off balls to Dez were just bonuses for the opponent.

Key point of the article is Dallas admits they were forcing the ball to Dez, something they always previously denied.

They took away Beasley which made it harder for Dak to dink and dunk his way down the field. The reality is that when we had scrubs like Roy Williams, both Witten and Austin had 1000 yard seasons. They can't cover everyone. Unless, of course, it's the 2017 Cowboys where everyone is covered. It's hard to run an offense when a QB is inaccurate. Receivers know that if they run a deeper route either Dak won't throw it or, if he does, it'll be inaccurate. In other words, they lose focus which I think caused so many dropped balls. We'll have to agree to disagree. My feelings on Dak are well known. I'm hoping he played injured last year because his throwing motion seemed way off from what we saw his first year.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One valid point Dodger has comes to light when we realize Dak is only a 2nd year player. Romo would have shredded teams who doubled Beasley and left Dez and Witten singled. That was part of the whole gamble, teams knew the 2nd year guy was going to slavishly listen to Garrett whereas Romo would have improvised a lot more. Dak ain't Romo, a 12 year guy. Whoda thunk it. Well, opponents did.

Dak is young and he's done a good job for a 4th round pick taking over for a franchise QB. I'll give him that. But that doesn't make Dak the next franchise QB. It makes him a good leader (from what we're told) and a bus driver type QB. That's not someone I want to throw a 100 million dollar contract on and tie up the position of the next 5 to 7 years until we realize he ain't it, just like we did with Garrett. I don't need a repeat at the QB position.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They took away Beasley which made it harder for Dak to dink and dunk his way down the field. The reality is that when we had scrubs like Roy Williams, both Witten and Austin had 1000 yard seasons. They can't cover everyone. Unless, of course, it's the 2017 Cowboys where everyone is covered. It's hard to run an offense when a QB is inaccurate. Receivers know that if they run a deeper route either Dak won't throw it or, if he does, it'll be inaccurate. In other words, they lose focus which I think caused so many dropped balls. We'll have to agree to disagree. My feelings on Dak are well known. I'm hoping he played injured last year because his throwing motion seemed way off from what we saw his first year.

Here we go again, with the "inaccurate" shit. To each his own, doesn't matter if it's true.

The dropped balls were from losing focus due to an inaccurate QB yet we only had one chronic dropper.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What you had last year was a COACHING problem, not a QB problem. Teams taking away Beasley because he is more of a threat to them than Dez, who they were able to cover with just one guy. With Zeke gone, we just scrapped all pass plays involving the RB and when we had him on the field we still weren't involving him in the passing game anyway. That's leaving us with Dropper Dez, Body-Catching TWill, or old and slow Witten, to attack them with.

Our coaching staff never figured out a way to make them pay for single coverage on those three, hell they couldn't even figure out how to handle a scrub DE blowing by our backup tackle until we were 9 sacks in vs. Atlanta.

It was a COACHING problem. But let's blame Dak.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here we go again, with the "inaccurate" shit. To each his own, doesn't matter if it's true.

The dropped balls were from losing focus due to an inaccurate QB yet we only had one chronic dropper.

Don't you find it odd the Dez had the drops last year? For the most part, he was pretty sure handed throughout his career. I can see someone losing a step or someone not working or studying hard enough....but I don't think a guy just forgets how to catch a ball. As I said, we'll just agree to disagree.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What you had last year was a COACHING problem, not a QB problem. Teams taking away Beasley because he is more of a threat to them than Dez, who they were able to cover with just one guy. With Zeke gone, we just scrapped all pass plays involving the RB and when we had him on the field we still weren't involving him in the passing game anyway. That's leaving us with Dropper Dez, Body-Catching TWill, or old and slow Witten, to attack them with.

Our coaching staff never figured out a way to make them pay for single coverage on those three, hell they couldn't even figure out how to handle a scrub DE blowing by our backup tackle until we were 9 sacks in vs. Atlanta.

It was a COACHING problem. But let's blame Dak.

No question about it....we have a coaching problem. We've had a coaching problem for years. But a coaching problem and a QB problem are not mutually exclusive. You'd better believe the Red Dolt will run 30 plus times a game. He won't put his future with the team in Dak's hands.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Don't you find it odd the Dez had the drops last year? For the most part, he was pretty sure handed throughout his career. I can see someone losing a step or someone not working or studying hard enough....but I don't think a guy just forgets how to catch a ball. As I said, we'll just agree to disagree.

The drops could have been mostly intentional sabotage from a disgruntled diva, just like what we saw from "the player."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No question about it....we have a coaching problem. We've had a coaching problem for years. But a coaching problem and a QB problem are not mutually exclusive. You'd better believe the Red Dolt will run 30 plus times a game. He won't put his future with the team in Dak's hands.

Sure he will. Just like he did in 2016. It's a process.

allpurpose

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to buy certain players for what they're worth and resell them for half of what they think they're worth and i bet I'd be one of the richest men alive.
Dez isn't unique. Every team has their share of players who think of themselves as irreplaceable..
Bad news for them.. It's always been a young man's game. When they're on the wrong side of 30 they're always replaceable.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez “The last problem I have is finding a team. I’m in a world you will never understand.

Dez Bryant is looking for “a creative graphic designer and a creative sketch artist.” The receiver also seeks an NFL job, though he doesn’t seem concerned about his continued unemployment.

Bryant posted a job listing on Instagram, though he didn’t say why. A user responded by asking the former Cowboys star if he shouldn’t instead spend his time looking for a new team.

Bryant wrote: “The last problem I have is finding a team. I’m in a world you will never understand.”

The three-time Pro Bowler turned down the Ravens’ multi-year offer and has had no other teams express interest publicly. A report earlier this month said Bryant has received phone calls but was waiting for the “for the perfect fit, a winning organization and a team willing to do a one-year, prove-it deal.”

Former Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has speculated that Green Bay could be a fit for Bryant, though Aaron Rodgers essentially shot down that idea. Earlier this week, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott threw out New Orleans as a possible landing spot for Bryant.

Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report said he continues to hear San Francisco could have interest in Bryant, but adding “that’s far from certain.”

The Cowboys released Bryant 68 days ago, and it appears he will remain unemployed for at least a while longer. Bryant, though, doesn’t think that’s a problem.

Dez Bryant: The last problem I have is finding a team – ProFootballTalk

Reaction score
L O L

He just appealed to his own authority in an attempt to blunt a wicked burn by an epic shitlord.

It didn't work.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Im feeling really old seeing that tweet. I remember seeing Tony Hill in his first preseason game as a rookie. I know Im not the only one, but that was a long time ago.

Thanks Jerry for 23 years of futility!!!! 23 YEARS of this garbage.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
All this time and Dez is still just waiting on a big name WR to get injured in training camp.

Reaction score
This just can't be. All the experts at the Zone told us we would be really sorry letting Dez go, and he would be snatched up in seconds by a team just itching to go win a Super Bowl. No, really. There were teams with record breaking contracts already typed up just waiting for a Dez signature the moment he was released...

Top Bottom