Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either way, he’s not our sideline cancer nor our problem anymore

Very interesting Scot. At what point did it stop being "passion" and became a cancer on the sideline?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
At what point did it stop being "passion"
If it was ever "passion" it was the selfish kind. Dez's "desire to win" is, desire for Dez to win. Win the hand fighting and verbal jousting with DBs, win the sideline arguments. Unlike Irvin who also had a lot of "passion" Dez never channeled it in the right direction. Because also unlike Irvin, he's stupid and immature. I never bought the "passion" narrative.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Very interesting Scot. At what point did it stop being "passion" and became a cancer on the sideline?

For Dez it never stopped being “passion”

For the rest of the team, the coaches, and the front office it’s always been a cancer on the sidelines

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Even if he did sign with the Giants AND they drafted Barkley who the hell is gong to block for them and Eli? Solder doesn’t play all 5 positions on the line.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it was ever "passion" it was the selfish kind. Dez's "desire to win" is, desire for Dez to win. Win the hand fighting and verbal jousting with DBs, win the sideline arguments. Unlike Irvin who also had a lot of "passion" Dez never channeled it in the right direction. Because also unlike Irvin, he's stupid and immature. I never bought the "passion" narrative.

I never bought into the passion narrative either. But much of the fan base did. He was easily taken out of his game by opposing DB's who got into his head. I remember all the posts about Dez being the only one who cared about winning. About being the only one on the team who had passion. About being the only guy who wanted to win. And now the fan assertion to justify the release is that he was a cancer.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For Dez it never stopped being “passion”

For the rest of the team, the coaches, and the front office it’s always been a cancer on the sidelines

Since when? The team signed him to a mega deal when no one else was sniffing around for his talents. This was just a couple of short years ago. Didn't they identify his conduct as detrimental to the team and a team cancer after five full years here? Obviously not since the team gave him a second contract.

This idea that the team and many fans are pushing that he was a team cancer is a cop out and lame. I never thought guys like Dez or Hardy were good for the team. I never thought their sideline antics with coaches and outbursts on the field were good for the team. You and others did. This idea that someone was identified as a team cancer after 8 years in Dallas and a mega contract is lame. Dez has always been Dez but it never mattered until Garrett and company needed another scapegoat.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
This idea that someone was identified as a team cancer after 8 years in Dallas and a mega contract is lame. Dez has always been Dez but it never mattered until Garrett and company needed another scapegoat.

Hammer just hit nail!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez has always been Dez but it never mattered until Garrett and company needed another scapegoat.

No fool, it mattered when he got paid like an elite player, but started producing like a JAG.

And that's why he isn't here anymore.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No fool, it mattered when he got paid like an elite player, but started producing like a JAG.

And that's why he isn't here anymore.

Then don't make it about hm being a team cancer when guys like you were riding his jock for his "passion." You ride the fense all the time on players and make excuses for them when they're here. Wipe your chin, you've got a few drops left.....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks more like the hammer slipped out of his hands to me

OK fence walker.........

:lol @ passion. the same shit they said about TO. try "insubordinate asshole."

I think TO was a cancer. Dez isn't a cancer.

Of course when you have a team full of losers in the lockerroom, front office and coaching staff someone that actually gives a flying fuck about winning & losing probably does appear to be a cancer

It's funny how this stuff was acceptable to you. But Dez gets released and your off his jock. A complete 180. The hammer may have slipped out of my hand but it hit you sqaure between the eyes and must have caused amnesia. Just say you were wrong and move on. I doubt you'll find a post where I called Dez' antics passion. That shit didn't belong on the field then and it doesn't now. The only antics I'd accept is if a guy like Hardy or Dez would have grabbed Garrett by the throat and choked him into unconsciousness.

And while you're casting off Dez, you're riding everyone else's jock yet again and these are the same people who gave him the monster contract. GTFOH with your bullshit.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Even if he did sign with the Giants AND they drafted Barkley who the hell is gong to block for them and Eli? Solder doesn’t play all 5 positions on the line.

Why would the Giants pick Barkley? Eli most likely won't be on the team next year and when is the next time the Giants are going to be picking #2 overall? I think Cleveland is coming out of this draft with a QB and Barkley, I just don't know if Barkley is going #1 or #4.

But your point is valid either way. Unless they pick an OL at number two they're going to have trouble all season with the pass rush and running in general.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I never bought into the passion narrative either. But much of the fan base did. He was easily taken out of his game by opposing DB's who got into his head. I remember all the posts about Dez being the only one who cared about winning. About being the only one on the team who had passion. About being the only guy who wanted to win. And now the fan assertion to justify the release is that he was a cancer.

I think you're well aware my position on Dez has not changed one little bit since you've known me on here. I can't speak to your other points about casual fans but from what I've seen of them there's still a lot of butthurt out there saying Dez got a "raw deal." And that we shouldn't have cut him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Then don't make it about hm being a team cancer when guys like you were riding his jock for his "passion." You ride the fense all the time on players and make excuses for them when they're here. Wipe your chin, you've got a few drops left.....

I don't think I've ever spoken of the "team cancer" part with him much. And probably nobody in this forum was as pro-Dez as me until this past season.

He had an awful year. It's one thing to have a down year if you are injured or there are other circumstances involved (like the uber awful QB play in 2015) but it's another thing entirely when you quit on routes, drop passes over and over and then also go to the sideline and rant to coaches or other players about things.

I also have to say part of my negativity toward him is more extreme now over his post-release comments. They prove he wasn't motivated or focused on being the best player he could be and ultimately helping his team win. I also absolutely HATE the public blaming of others for "getting him released"

He should have just owned up to it, said he needed to improve and take this as a learning experience and move on. Instead he acted like a child. It's HIS fault he got cut, nobody else's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But Dez gets released and your off his jock. A complete 180. The hammer may have slipped out of my hand but it hit you sqaure between the eyes and must have caused amnesia. Just say you were wrong and move on. I doubt you'll find a post where I called Dez' antics passion. That shit didn't belong on the field then and it doesn't now. The only antics I'd accept is if a guy like Hardy or Dez would have grabbed Garrett by the throat and choked him into unconsciousness.

And while you're casting off Dez, you're riding everyone else's jock yet again and these are the same people who gave him the monster contract. GTFOH with your bullshit.

I've been saying since the day the season ended I didn't think Dez would be here. It's all here in black and white for people to see.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He should have just owned up to it, said he needed to improve and take this as a learning experience and move on. Instead he acted like a child. It's HIS fault he got cut, nobody else's.
Had he done this he might have a job today already. 31 GMs were watching his bullshit.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Had he done this he might have a job today already. 31 GMs were watching his bullshit.

I can understand why teams aren't lining up to sign Dez, I just don't think it's for the same reason many people have. There is no question Dez lost a few steps and has some diminishing abilities. But I think in a good system with a good QB he can be a very good WR. The problem with Dez is that he's a diva, thinks he is still a #1 WR and thinks he should be paid accordingly. That's not going to happen and that's why teams are reluctant to make any offers.

Think about it, when was his last good year and who was throwing him the ball? What changed? The QB throwing him the ball. 2015 was a joke. The two following years was a 4th rounder. Don't get me wrong, I like Dak, but I don't think he's Tony Romo anymore than I think my little drone is an apache attack helicopter.

Let's not forget what people called T.O. when Bledsoe was the QB, "the highest paid decoy". Then Romo became QB and changed that. I'm just sayin', it might not be all on Dez.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I like Dak, but I don't think he's Tony Romo anymore than I think my little drone is an apache attack helicopter.
This take gets belied somewhat when we see the numbers for receivers not named Dez. Additionally, leading the league in dropped passes means those passes were just fine, and he dropped them. That's not a QB problem.

Quitting on routes is not a QB problem. Letting opposing DBs get in your head isn't a QB problem.
I'm just sayin', it might not be all on Dez.
His rants on social media and in the press are what's kept him from being looked at, and yes that is all on Dez. Quitting on routes and letting DBs get in your head is all on Dez. Leading the league in drops is all on Dez.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard a stat that Dak was 70+% completion percentage on all passes not thrown to Dez and only 42% when throwing to Dez

That is most certainly a Dez problem and not a Dak problem. And like Dooms said, Dez led the league in dropped passes, that is also not a Dak problem.

Now I’m not saying Dak is a great QB, but Dez’s problems are Dez’s alone and can’t be blamed on anyone but himself

See the NYG game last year as an example (at least I think it was the NYG game, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong) where Dez was on the sideline bitching and crying about not getting the ball, then the next set of downs Dak throws him the ball, it bounces off Dez’s hands for an INT. That’s a WR issue not a QB issue.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
All the problems mentioned could be out of frustration. He's not the most stable individual.

I'm not upset that he's gone as he is clearly not a good fit for the Cowboys and is being paid way too much here. But I would not be surprised if he did well with another team that happens to have a good QB.

Top Bottom