Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't believe he even has adequate speed now.
He might still have if he works at it in the offseason.

Lack of real speed has been a team weakness for many years, Dez is hardly alone in that.

Reaction score
Worse than the lack of speed for the current NFL standard as well as the bad fundamentals, are the mental issues. Just review that Seattle game again. Most of what is wrong with Dez is north of the eye brows. He's lazy, distracted, entitled, combative, and contrarian. Frankly, it was a no brainer to release him. If he were not a nut case he would probably still be on the roster even with the mechanical issues. The mental issues are just too much to deal with.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez never had blazing speed. He was always known for his hands and ability to get the football.

I know he wasn't winning Olympic golds for relays, but he had enough speed to get deep.

Go back and look at some of his highlights. He had plenty of long gainers. Last few years, not so much.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He might still have if he works at it in the offseason.

Lack of real speed has been a team weakness for many years, Dez is hardly alone in that.

I don't think he could. I really believe the foot and knee stuff, along with the physical beatings his body has taken has slowed him down a lot.

The dude is cut as hell so he isn't a disgusting fatbody that doesn't work out. He just doesn't have those extra gears anymore.

DB's know it and they sit on the short routes against him, knowing they can easily recover if/when he ever does try to run a deep route.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Five days and counting, and still no interest in Dez, no visits completed by Dez, no visits scheduled either

This should deflate his ego a fair amount

One of the guys on the NFL network was putting Dez on blast about the mental issues, the lack of production, leading the league in drops, and he flat out called him a #2 WR now and stated that he no longer is a viable #1

He must have been reading this thread

Or......

He’s just saying what the rest of us all know (other than Dez) and have accepted for a couple years now

Reaction score
You just know there's some woke journalists in the DFW media that would fit right in posting here, but don't for fear of losing their access, and maybe even jobs for keeping it real at DCU.

:lol

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't think he could. I really believe the foot and knee stuff, along with the physical beatings his body has taken has slowed him down a lot.

The dude is cut as hell so he isn't a disgusting fatbody that doesn't work out. He just doesn't have those extra gears anymore.

DB's know it and they sit on the short routes against him, knowing they can easily recover if/when he ever does try to run a deep route.
Thinking back on it, I believe you're right. They used to play off him in a cover two quite a bit, last couple of years they typically jam him at the line and play single. They don't do that if there's any respect at all for the speed.

Good observation, dbair.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You just know there's some woke journalists in the DFW media that would fit right in posting here, but don't for fear of losing their access, and maybe even jobs for keeping it real at DCU.

:lol

I was actually surprised to hear it on a national broadcast

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So the giants just cut Brandon Marshal

Are they making room for Dez?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, they cut him one day after he said "there's no room in here with NYG for Dez Bryant"

If they sign Bryant that's fine by me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like the Ravens are moving on from Dez too.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now a video has surfaced with Dez and OBJ working out together

It’s all but locked up now

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

It didn't "surface" he posted it to his instagram.

Means exactly nothing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

FWIW, several people that cover the Giants are saying the team isn't interested in him

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It didn't "surface" he posted it to his instagram.

Means exactly nothing.

I still see him signing with the NYG. Too many things are lining up that way

But it looks like no one is going to show interest in him until after the draft

You know that this wait has really got his panties in a bunch. It’s good for his ego! He needed to be knocked down a peg or two. Maybe the hit to his own perceived value will do him some good.

Either way, he’s not our sideline cancer nor our problem anymore

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I still see him signing with the NYG. Too many things are lining up that way
Nothing is lining up that way. The Marshall cut was coming no matter what, and the "workout video" is just a dumb social media stunt. It wasn't in any way related to the NYG organization.

The LAST thing the Giant's new GM wants is yet ANOTHER diva on the roster.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya dez is showing hes willing to publicize that hes working out w obj and has a wr guru

Old dogs dont learn new tricks

Top Bottom