yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure any NFL staff is a fit for a career 57% college passer who plays in a school yard "system"

Dude is not a NFL QB.

I heard his mom is his agent too and has an attitude and won't return teams phone calls

LOL If true, what an idiot. Sounds like the pricks I deal with at the DMV and the City of Dallas permit offices

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I heard his mom is his agent too and has an attitude and won't return teams phone calls

LOL If true, what an idiot. Sounds like the pricks I deal with at the DMV and the City of Dallas permit offices

57% passer and 15 Wonderlich usually spells doom. He and mom better invest that rookie contract really well because only one 57% NCAA college passer ever really got fixed in the NFL (Stafford). The rest are now driving forklifts.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
a player who wasn't producing 1,200-yard, 10-touchdown seasons anymore
And hadn't in three fucking years. And it only happened 3 times in eight years. These fucking idiot sports writers are hero worshipers not journalists.
Bryant has long been known as a passionate and outspoken player, a competitor who lets his desire to win be known
Total hackery nonsense. If his desire to win were so fucking strong, he would have fucking WORKED at it. He would have fucking channeled his "rage" into productive use like Michael Irvin did. Either Dez didn't really want to win or his definition of the word was fucked. Dez wanted DEZ to win. IRVIN wanted to fucking win, don't you dare put Dez in any category anywhere near Irvin you fucking hack.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Sigh. We all know the scheme sucks. In fact I found it fascinating that Dane Brugler said over the weekend that if Lamar Jackson was available at 19 they should consider drafting him. He immediately back peddled in the same paragraph and said he wasnt sure the coaching staff was the right fit for him. I believe this was in the DMN mail bag. Brugler works with Broaddus putting out Cowboys content for the website. Huge indictment of the staff IMO. Back to your comment do you really believe that is why he was cut? Because it seems blatantly obvious he was cut because simply wasnt worth it anymore in any sense of the word.

I dont think its just one factor but Im sure with Red's sensitive lil ego it played a huge part. And no Dez wasnt worth it but we've had plenty of guys that werent worth it. Red's a coward and being against Dez is his way of showing he has some balls.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I doubt it. The Texans arnt sniffing any super bowls with that team either.

And Dez doesn't put anyone over the top.

I’m not saying Dez would make them a contender

I’m just saying that the Texans stand a much better chance at winning a SB than we do while Jeruh is still alive and Garrett is still coach

Like I said before

How does a Cowboy player win a Super Bowl ring?

Sign with another team!

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wonder how much Dez’ ego has been deflated by today. I’m sure he expected a bunch of teams lining up to fight for the right to sign him today.

It has to be a huge kick to the nutsack to find out only one team has even been rumored to be interested in him and that is the Ravens

This is his first hint that he isn't worth 12.5M a year. Teams are reluctant to lowball him, otherwise they'd be lining up to sign him for a few mil a year. I think he is still a good WR, just not a great WR.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is his first hint that he isn't worth 12.5M a year. Teams are reluctant to lowball him, otherwise they'd be lining up to sign him for a few mil a year. I think he is still a good WR, just not a great WR.

And those such as you describe are quite common. Every other team has at least one of those.

Reaction score
I’m not saying Dez would make them a contender

I’m just saying that the Texans stand a much better chance at winning a SB than we do while Jeruh is still alive and Garrett is still coach

Like I said before

How does a Cowboy player win a Super Bowl ring?

Sign with another team!

See Demarcus Ware and Marty B for examples.

Reaction score

I think most teams don't want to deal with his baggage. Everyone has seen the temper tantrums, sometimes even in games we were winning, because Dez was getting as many balls thrown his way as he wanted. If you are a coach do you want that on your sideline, or perhaps a little less talented, but team oriented player?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think most teams don't want to deal with his baggage. Everyone has seen the temper tantrums, sometimes even in games we were winning, because Dez was getting as many balls thrown his way as he wanted. If you are a coach do you want that on your sideline, or perhaps a little less talented, but team oriented player?

He's not talented. He's got one or two gimmicks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

You are incorrect!

The first hint that he wasn’t worth $12.5M a year was the first year after he signed his huge contract, the second hint was the second year after he signed his huge contract, and finally.....

The third hint was the third season after he signed his huge contract

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You are incorrect!

The first hint that he wasn’t worth $12.5M a year was the first year after he signed his huge contract, the second hint was the second year after he signed his huge contract, and finally.....

The third hint was the third season after he signed his huge contract

Lol. I said his first hint, not ours.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yep. And she has been refusing appointments for her son with league personnel people etc etc as well.

And he scored a 13 on the Wonderlic.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He made some comments about trying to be creative or something I think.

Which is kind of interesting, we've always heard he has a limited knowledge of the route tree and has the obvious limitations on route running ability, both those things would hurt a team's ability to "be more creative"

Well, except for the fact that we're not very creative with any player, not just Dez. Hey guys....it's the jet sweep!!!!!! Fake the jet sweep and hand off to Zek, fake the jet sweep and then dump it off the guy in motion, or hand off on the jet sweep. Nice!!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder how much Dez’ ego has been deflated by today. I’m sure he expected a bunch of teams lining up to fight for the right to sign him today.

It has to be a huge kick to the nutsack to find out only one team has even been rumored to be interested in him and that is the Ravens

Dez won't be unemployed long. He'll get picked up by a team for sure but it'll be in his best interest to go to a team with an established QB.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. And she has been refusing appointments for her son with league personnel people etc etc as well.

And he scored a 13 on the Wonderlic.

She's probably just protecting her son and it's probably a smart move on her part. The kid is done either way.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dez won't be unemployed long. He'll get picked up by a team for sure but it'll be in his best interest to go to a team with an established QB.

He's done. He brings nothing to the table that 31 other teams don't already have or can't get cheap with a rookie, and without his idiot infantile mentality.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez says his top choice is to play for the Giants. Vegas odds have him going to Baltimore or Houston.

Top Bottom