dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You mean those routes that take forever to develop in Garrett's scheme? Those predictable routes that the opposing DBs know as well or better than the WRs?

The 5-wide/empty backfield... better route running is needed, right?

Since when do Jason Witten's routes take forever to develop? And he's been the focal part of the offense for years.

Cole Beasley isn't running long routes either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its tells me that Garrett's RKG is BS because Dez has been on the roster for years.

And like I said, if he was still producing like 2012-2014, he'd still be here.

He didn't produce though, has effort issues and is paid an enormous amount of money. That's why he is gone.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
And like I said, if he was still producing like 2012-2014, he'd still be here.

He didn't produce though, has effort issues and is paid an enormous amount of money. That's why he is gone.

Normally one would think so but with Jerry and Red we've had plenty of overpaid non producers on the roster not performing like they've been paid. I think Dez is primarily gone because he publicly called into question the offensive scheme. Everything factors in but when Garrett is called out in public for his ineptness thats a big no no for Red.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ok im a little late to the party

let me get this straight

its assumed that dez is mad at garrett, linehan and stevie. possibly players like witten and dak too. points to "garrett guys." basically dez is telling you that the guys that always show up early, work hard, etc dont like him. what does that tell you?

“Ding Ding Ding”

Winner winner chicken dinner

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I keep reading this, what did he say and when? Somehow I missed it

He made some comments about trying to be creative or something I think.

Which is kind of interesting, we've always heard he has a limited knowledge of the route tree and has the obvious limitations on route running ability, both those things would hurt a team's ability to "be more creative"

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wonder how much Dez’ ego has been deflated by today. I’m sure he expected a bunch of teams lining up to fight for the right to sign him today.

It has to be a huge kick to the nutsack to find out only one team has even been rumored to be interested in him and that is the Ravens

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But there's a long thread at CZ where turd after turd lines up to say it's a failure of the front office that Dez wasn't traded.

It's amazing how much ****** they can pile into one forum site.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Irvin: Dez Bryant was fighting people trying to aid him

By Nick Shook
Around The NFL Writer
Published: April 16, 2018 at 06:38 p.m.
Updated: April 16, 2018 at 06:46 p.m.

Dez Bryant hasn't been the player he was when he signed a lucrative contract with the Dallas Cowboys in 2015. As a result, he's no longer a Cowboy.

One of the greatest Cowboys to ever play the position shed some light on it during an appearance on NFL Up To The Minute on Monday, referrring to Bryant's comments about how he felt some people inside the locker room wanted him gone.

"Honestly, Dez is a fighter and what happens is when he gets in these situations he does what he knows how to do. He fights," Michael Irvin said Monday. "And if you're not careful with how you speak to him and how you speak with him, he ends up fighting everybody and anybody and even fighting some of the people that are trying to help him. And I think that was the situation in Dallas.

"It got a little bad off the football field, then fighting to get back where he balls, where he wants to be and where he belongs and I think he was fighting even the people that were trying to help him."

Bryant has long been known as a passionate and outspoken player, a competitor who lets his desire to win be known. We're not out to drag an outcast under the guise of trying to uncover why a team released him, but according to Irvin, that seemed to bubble over into producing negative results recently. Combined with a large salary-cap number for a player who wasn't producing 1,200-yard, 10-touchdown seasons anymore, Dallas decided to cut him loose.

"To some degree, I guess that's how you can put it," Irvin said when asked if Dallas simply grew tired of Bryant's fighting. "They just said at this point we'll just move on because the fighting is not directed in the right places."

This will undoubtedly be considered by any team that weighs adding Bryant, but this was somewhat known for a while. Hearing it from a Hall of Famer who's close to Bryant just makes it more real.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez apparently doesn’t want to join the Packers because.... “there’s too much history”

You don't want to sign in Green Bay because they've won too many games and had too much success? How does that even make sense in your head when you say that?

If that's the kind of thinking Dez has going on, he never would have fit in Green Bay anyway.

The above is from this article

http://www.12up.com/posts/6034222-d...packers-for-most-absurd-reason/partners/43790

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think Dez is primarily gone because he publicly called into question the offensive scheme.
Sigh. We all know the scheme sucks. In fact I found it fascinating that Dane Brugler said over the weekend that if Lamar Jackson was available at 19 they should consider drafting him. He immediately back peddled in the same paragraph and said he wasnt sure the coaching staff was the right fit for him. I believe this was in the DMN mail bag. Brugler works with Broaddus putting out Cowboys content for the website. Huge indictment of the staff IMO. Back to your comment do you really believe that is why he was cut? Because it seems blatantly obvious he was cut because simply wasnt worth it anymore in any sense of the word.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But there's a long thread at CZ where turd after turd lines up to say it's a failure of the front office that Dez wasn't traded.

What a coincidence. I read from people that werent drinking Kool-Aid that there was zero trade interest out there. I am gonna go with them on this.

Last edited:

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez apparently doesn’t want to join the Packers because.... “there’s too much history”
As the old joke goes the only reason he has a head on his shoulders is to keep the rain from running down his neck.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ba1085301555a01ccadf178fc53b908c.jpg

Interesting

The sad thing is if he goes to the Texans he will still get a SB before #82

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Sigh. We all know the scheme sucks. In fact I found it fascinating that Dane Brugler said over the weekend that if Lamar Jackson was available at 19 they should consider drafting him. He immediately back peddled in the same paragraph and said he wasnt sure the coaching staff was the right fit for him. I believe this was in the DMN mail bag. Brugler works with Broaddus putting out Cowboys content for the website. Huge indictment of the staff IMO. Back to your comment do you really believe that is why he was cut? Because it seems blatantly obvious he was cut because simply wasnt worth it anymore in any sense of the word.

Not sure any NFL staff is a fit for a career 57% college passer who plays in a school yard "system"

Dude is not a NFL QB.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The sad thing is if he goes to the Texans he will still get a SB before #82

I doubt it. The Texans arnt sniffing any super bowls with that team either.

And Dez doesn't put anyone over the top.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

its fans like this who want to keep guys like Dez around forever coupled with Jeris horrific GMing that produces the loser cocktail we've been being served the last 22 years

Someone (not jeri) in the front office has improved the decision making, they just need to figure out how to remove jeri completely from the process and get a damn head coach that can bring something more than slogans, t-shirts, butt slaps and attaboys to the table

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not sure any NFL staff is a fit for a career 57% college passer who plays in a school yard "system"

Dude is not a NFL QB.

That is not the point I was trying to make. I wouldnt touch Jackson before the 4th. Brugler gets paid or something from the Cowboys and you can tell he is far from impressed with the staff, and I doubt he is alone. Everybody hates Broaddus but even he knows a fraud when he sees one.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wonder how much Dez’ ego has been deflated by today. I’m sure he expected a bunch of teams lining up to fight for the right to sign him today.

It has to be a huge kick to the nutsack to find out only one team has even been rumored to be interested in him and that is the Ravens

Considering how Dallas rarely, if ever, ( only Ware comes to mind ) release anyone with meat left on the bone ought to scare the hell out of every GM. Fortunately for Dez, there are 31 teams and one of them probably still has been left to blow but I bet its not nearly as much as Dez and his agent are expecting

Top Bottom