dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont see him getting $16 million. He will probably be productive somewhere else where a coaching staff can utilize what he has left. That wasnt gonna happen in Dallas. We need players that can carry the coaching staff. Other places coaches are difference makers.

I doubt anyone else is going to get him to run better routes or learn more of an offense. He is what he is at this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez is an example of coaching failure. Don't tell me that after 8 years you can't run routes or do things poorly. He's also the victim of an inaccurate QB. If he goes to SF with Garoppolo, it would be a good combination. i think Dez might still have something left, just not something that is worth $16 million.

You sound like those dumbass bleeding heart Zoners with this junk.

He's lost speed. He's never been a good route runner and probably never will be. He has limitations on his ability to "learn" NFL offensive philosophy.

He might go somewhere and have a really good season or two, but I doubt it and I do 100% believe we'll be better without him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You're right IMO. I think if he goes to the 49ers or Patriots he will be a monster.

I think if you believe that, you might be someone I need to call about ocean front property in Arizona

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW this also means they didnt want him back at any price. Knowing that with a pay a cut he would have been an enormous locker room cancer. Says it all.

Yep, only took this long for two reasons:

1) Jerry was fighting not to cut him

and

2) They spent weeks (if not the entire offseason) trying to trade him and found zero takers

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely don't get the hate for Calvin Ridley either. Dude has legit long speed to go quickness in and out of breaks, and spends bookoos of time perfecting route running. Has excellent hands too.

He's smooth. Has some Marvin Harrison/Torry Holt to his game.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely don't get the hate for Calvin Ridley either. Dude has legit long speed to go quickness in and out of breaks, and spends bookoos of time perfecting route running. Has excellent hands too.

He's smooth. Has some Marvin Harrison/Torry Holt to his game.

He's OLD. :oldman

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So now the question is, who's our #1? A rookie WR is going to struggle. Next to QB, it's one of the toughest positions to learn. I wouldn't hold out hope that some young receiver is going to come in and light the league on fire.

They don't necessarily have to have a "#1"

What they need are guys that run good routes and consistently catch it when it's thrown to them.

Dominate games with the OL and run game, play solid defense. Don't turn the ball over. They can win that way, they did it in 2014 and 2016 and I think this year's defense has a real chance to be a lot better than either of those two seasons.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys went 4-0 in 2016 when Bryant missed games after week 2. They averaged over 28 pts per game without him. No WR gained over a 100 yds receiving in any of those games. Prescott's QB ratings in those 4 games were 123.6, 114.7, 117.9 & 117.4. He threw 7 tds and only had 1 pick.

Zeke rushed for 569 yds in those 4 games, and didn't have less than 134 in any of them.

We will be quite fine without Dez.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I dont see him getting $16 million. He will probably be productive somewhere else where a coaching staff can utilize what he has left. That wasnt gonna happen in Dallas. We need players that can carry the coaching staff. Other places coaches are difference makers.

1.) How long can that last?

2.) How far can you get with that?

We know the answers to both these questions, so it's just rhetorical. With all the teams that have won the Super Bowl and/or just win consistantly in just making the playoffs, I have yet to see any where the players carried the coaching staff. The 90's Cowboys could not carry Garrett. The best players can only do so much.

Throughout Garrett's coaching tenure, when they did/do matchups with the Cowboys and opposing teams, never have I witness it ever mentioned of how Garrett is a difference maker and provides the Cowboys with a key advantage.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good, do not want his cap hit on the books after this season. Just take the cap hit and get it over with.

I'm pretty sure there's a 4M dead cap hit next year. I could be wrong. That might be only if we kept him

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I knew Dez was gone the moment he spoke out against the playcalling. That was it for him. And thenh when they (Garrett) said that they were going to make the offense for this upcoming season more "Dak-friendly", gee... where have we heard that before? Funny T.O. did the exact same thing --- speak out against the playcalling, next thing you know here comes the "we need a Romo-friendly offense". Then T.O. is gone.

So the question is, who is ne3xty as the scapegoat for Garrett?

Top Bottom