Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh I have been mad about it for the last two decades. just felt like posting that since this is a cowboys forum. I mean cmon dooms really ??
You post "we're doomed" and then "we're fucked" like it's some kind of fucking news to you, or somehow you'd thought we had turned a corner or some shit and are only just now waking up and smelling the 21 year-old coffee. And we're neither doomed or fucked, we're just the same as we were the day after Jimmy parted ways with us. Married to mediocrity.

maxdogg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You post "we're doomed" and then "we're fucked" like it's some kind of fucking news to you, or somehow you'd thought we had turned a corner or some shit and are only just now waking up and smelling the 21 year-old coffee. And we're neither doomed or fucked, we're just the same as we were the day after Jimmy parted ways with us. Married to mediocrity.
No I was just venting that's all. You read way to much into it LOL.

Reaction score
I actually saw on Twitter the WRs who have “flourished” with that WR coach. The bottom line is that Sanjay guy is just a Coryell-lineage coach who is going to quietly cash a paycheck and do nothing. The part that is missing from any passing game hire is that the Garrett Family Fancy themselves WR and TE experts. And the entirety of the JG offensive scheme revolves around WR routes. If you notice the TE and RB receiving routes are binary: one short route and one seam or distance route. How many times has the passing game basic scheme changed with Garrett since 07? None. How many times has the running scheme changed? Offhand: Sparano, Houck/Garrett, Callahan, and Pollack/ Linehan. The point is Garrett has no real opinion or interest in the running game. Even if he has the leagues leading rusher, he will take him off the field “to create mismatches in the passing game”.
I could see Dallas signing some senseless CFL WRs before the draft so that Jason will not have to change his lineup. Jason is primarily self-preserving: I’ve never seen a coach spend so much time using rhetoric to explain why his team is losing and it has nothing to do with him. But his leg is also smart enough to know that as soon as there is drastic WR passing game change and Dallas starts winning the question will be: why wasn’t this done earlier? I am convinced the Garrett’s pushed for TWilly and keep him on the team (Beasley was not the Garrett’s and despite him outplaying TWilly, they would reduce or eliminate Beasley as he represents success that is lacking in the Garrett idea of what the offense should be: short passes). TWilly single-handedly lost the GB game last year (pun intended) and nobody said a word.
My guess is that if Dallas does draft in either of the first 2 rounds, the Jones are beginning to see that Jason is still clueless and the keys to the Ferrari are being taken away from Garrett and distributed to a collective to solve the offense.
Think about it. Why wasn’t Linehan fired? It would come out that he was not really coordinating nor exclusively directing the offense. Another OC would come in, hired by Jerry just to find that the passing game would be the same. Linehan was not the issue even though the entire argument was playcalling, predictability and bland sameness. That’s because it was not Linehan.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I actually saw on Twitter the WRs who have “flourished” with that WR coach. The bottom line is that Sanjay guy is just a Coryell-lineage coach who is going to quietly cash a paycheck and do nothing. The part that is missing from any passing game hire is that the Garrett Family Fancy themselves WR and TE experts. And the entirety of the JG offensive scheme revolves around WR routes. If you notice the TE and RB receiving routes are binary: one short route and one seam or distance route. How many times has the passing game basic scheme changed with Garrett since 07? None. How many times has the running scheme changed? Offhand: Sparano, Houck/Garrett, Callahan, and Pollack/ Linehan. The point is Garrett has no real opinion or interest in the running game. Even if he has the leagues leading rusher, he will take him off the field “to create mismatches in the passing game”.
I could see Dallas signing some senseless CFL WRs before the draft so that Jason will not have to change his lineup. Jason is primarily self-preserving: I’ve never seen a coach spend so much time using rhetoric to explain why his team is losing and it has nothing to do with him. But his leg is also smart enough to know that as soon as there is drastic WR passing game change and Dallas starts winning the question will be: why wasn’t this done earlier? I am convinced the Garrett’s pushed for TWilly and keep him on the team (Beasley was not the Garrett’s and despite him outplaying TWilly, they would reduce or eliminate Beasley as he represents success that is lacking in the Garrett idea of what the offense should be: short passes). TWilly single-handedly lost the GB game last year (pun intended) and nobody said a word.
My guess is that if Dallas does draft in either of the first 2 rounds, the Jones are beginning to see that Jason is still clueless and the keys to the Ferrari are being taken away from Garrett and distributed to a collective to solve the offense.
Think about it. Why wasn’t Linehan fired? It would come out that he was not really coordinating nor exclusively directing the offense. Another OC would come in, hired by Jerry just to find that the passing game would be the same. Linehan was not the issue even though the entire argument was playcalling, predictability and bland sameness. That’s because it was not Linehan.

You're right Garrett has been much better at keeping his job than doing his job.

Jerry has said Jason is a QB Guru. Yet the Guru couldnt win w/o Romo. Dak regressed after more time with Garrett.

Garrett isnt any passing game wiz either. 31 other teams have WR's who can get separation. Why is that our WR's that have been with Garrett struggle to get separation? Our covered receivers is vintage Garrett.

And Garretts teams put up stats and wins in meaningless games. When the stakes are higher Garrett's teams come out flat and unprepared most of the time.

Garrett's just a loser but has Jerry beat at Jerry's own game, the BS game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The point is Garrett has no real opinion or interest in the running game. Even if he has the leagues leading rusher, he will take him off the field “to create mismatches in the passing game”.
I think his opinion of it is that it's a necessary evil, something you only really NEED to do when it's 4th and short. It's not something he believes is essential to winning football.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So faced with the prospect of getting cut after 8 years he decides to learn how to run routes. Whats next he actually learns the playbook? We all know he spent every cent and then some and it takes the prospect of a whole lot less money coming in this year to get his attention.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe he should learn to fucking catch so he doesn’t lead the league in drops like he did last season

Reaction score
Oh, hey guys look! It's another of those "well, who ya gonna git" morons that thinks there is nobody else on planet earth that can come in here and equal Dez's pedestrian numbers for a lot less money.

Stop being a pussy when it comes to change. Funny how the Patriots never have this problem.

Have you look at the WRs available in FA? They are either coming off injuries and even in Bryants worst years (the last 2 with a new contract and QB), Bryant has more TDs, and team has a better record with him on the roster.

The Cowboys are look at Hurns who got out played by a rookie FA so bad Jacksonville with its incompetent QB, and passing game moved on.

It makes no sense not to give Dez one more year. There is nothing in the FA market or in the draft with Dez proven NFL ability. He needs to take a pay cut because of his poor performance. But our dumbo GM signed him to a long term deal instead of tagging him. So live with it one more year then you can cut him and it will not be so much dead money and you at least will get 6-12 TDs next year just on playground pitch and catch. That's what Dez is what Parcells called a street ball player. They do not last once injuries and age hit. You do not pay players like that long term deals.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But our dumbo GM signed him to a long term deal instead of tagging him. So live with it one more year then you can cut him and it will not be so much dead money and you at least will get 6-12 TDs next year just on playground pitch and catch. That's what Dez is what Parcells called a street ball player. They do not last once injuries and age hit. You do not pay players like that long term deals.
This is what i was saying when they were talking about getting married to him, and the Dez fanbois here pilloried me. All I can say is:

I was right about Dez.
I was right about Dez.
I was right about Dez.
It makes no sense not to give Dez one more year.
From purely a cap standpoint this is correct. Cutting him now would be cap suicide, next year before June 1 would be the time to part ways.

I seriously doubt our FO will even bother asking him to take any kind of pay cut and I sure as HELL don't want to extend the marriage by restructuring him. We just gotta eat his shit one more year, pay him what's coming, then split the sheets.

Shit, he might just beast the hell out of it next year to get another big deal from some sucker GM on some other team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Shit, he might just beast the hell out of it next year to get another big deal from some sucker GM on some other team.

This is the worst possible outcome so of coarse it will happen!

Book it!

We will all get to watch as Jeruh doubles down on his own stupidity!

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Well Dez when he is on he can be great. But when he is not on, he does drop a lot more passes than he cares to admit or that we care to see.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well Dez when he is on he can be great. But when he is not on, he does drop a lot more passes than he cares to admit or that we care to see.

When he is "on" he's still just a one-trick pony. He has ONE skill. One skill that isn't even a skill really. It's just street ball and no real difference between basketball jump balls or the shit he does.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah isn't this what a WR coach is supposed to be doing with WR's? Teaching them to improve route running and stuff?

What's our guys been doing all these years?

The flip side is it took the threat of dumping Dez for him to seek out help in the area.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah isn't this what a WR coach is supposed to be doing with WR's? Teaching them to improve route running and stuff?

What's our guys been doing all these years?

The flip side is it took the threat of dumping Dez for him to seek out help in the area.

This is what a truly toxic player does to a team, they're afraid to even guide him, or even try. He's a cancer and has been one.

Top Bottom