icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
also reports from rookie mini camp day 1 is that WR coach Lal is the receivers are not being asked to catch passes right now. they are all focusing strictly on route running. a quote i read from 3rd round rookie WR gallup is that they are doing what WR coach Lal tells them, and that if your technique is running routes is strong, the ball will find you.

seems to be a much different strategy than 'give dez his targets'

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
"I still saw he's physical and violent at the route top," Lal said. "He's still one of the best slant runners in the league.

Lal also said, like owner Jerry Jones, he believes Bryant still has the skill set to perform at a high level for another team.

So why couldnt he still perform at a high level in Dallas?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So why couldnt he still perform at a high level in Dallas?

Asked to detail what inconsistencies he saw in Bryant's game in 2017, Lal declined.

"I really don't want to get into specifics in that, but a general feeling," Lal said.

translation (probably): he is a huge pain in the ass, he is effecting the entire receiver room and we need to get him off the roster asap

considering the WR coach didnt even meet bryant until the day he got cut, dez's fate has pretty much been decided for a while now

Reaction score
also reports from rookie mini camp day 1 is that WR coach Lal is the receivers are not being asked to catch passes right now. they are all focusing strictly on route running. a quote i read from 3rd round rookie WR gallup is that they are doing what WR coach Lal tells them, and that if your technique is running routes is strong, the ball will find you.

seems to be a much different strategy than 'give dez his targets'

In my best Dez voice, "Why's he gotta be like that?"

Snark aside, this is at least a better direction. Fundamentals, and the coach's rule is absolute. No need to reinvent the wheel, just get back to the basics.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've seen really good slant runners, and IMO Dez isn't one of them. Tell me, who here remembers him killing teams with the slant? Injuries and a reduction in speed has reduced him to a back shoulder jump ball WR. Not only that, he gets frustrated and lets plays and players get into his head hurting his gameplay.

I've always like Dez, and at some point in his career he was able to overcome these issues, but no more.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Michael Irvin on sidelines: "We're better than this, do your job"

Dez on sidelines: "I need the ball more"

Reaction score
I've seen really good slant runners, and IMO Dez isn't one of them. Tell me, who here remembers him killing teams with the slant? Injuries and a reduction in speed has reduced him to a back shoulder jump ball WR. Not only that, he gets frustrated and lets plays and players get into his head hurting his gameplay.

I've always like Dez, and at some point in his career he was able to overcome these issues, but no more.

Jerry Rice is the best slant route runner I've ever seen. Dude was a length of the field threat on those routes, but then again, he's still the best WR in NFL history so it makes sense in that regard.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I’m watching the week 5 game vs the Packers and it’s the opening drive. We drove all the way down the field, Dak throws the ball perfectly to an open Dez in the end zone for a TD, the ball hits him in both hands, and he drops it. Perfect pass, it couldn’t have been better

That play epitomizes why Dez is gone, and why it’s a good thing that he is!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Same game, 4th quarter, 1:13 left in the game, down by 4

They go to Dez on a back shoulder 50/50 jump ball for the go ahead score, it hits him in the hand and bounces off, no good, no catch, as usual

Even on his bread and butter play he still drops a pass that hits him in the hands

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And there it is

Will McClay - “the reason we released Dez is because his game was declining in every aspect”

Ouch!

Cowboys Were Right To Release Bryant - No Team Wants Him!

4a9a9bf0d31d38c2e1ae5acb8a713a7e.jpg

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bet you a grand this guy is still deeply in mourning and has at least 10 Dez jerseys in the closet including the Thanksgiving star on the shoulders version.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bet you a grand this guy is still deeply in mourning and has at least 10 Dez jerseys in the closet including the Thanksgiving star on the shoulders version.

As soon as Dez was cut he changed the graphic to Witten (a player he knew the Cowboys would never cut and would be a safe bet) running down the sidelines after the catch with no helmet on

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats prob a custom OSU trailer hitch cap too..........

i think this is a candidate for cowboys fan i wouldnt want to talk to...if he has the same judgement on car decals as he does about the team, then i think any team-oriented conversation will be much like talking to a wall

...that is if he doesnt wanna fight me first for pissing my pants laughing at his dumbass tailgate

Top Bottom