yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't know. Bryant seems too slow and lacks the moves to play the slot. Even the Cowboys coaches seem to see that.
You don't need any moves to run those routes, and then you're hard to tackle once you catch the ball, if you're Dez. I think the idiot Dallas coaches either can't think out of the box and don't want to try something like that, or that Dez is just a dumb player and can't learn the route trees.

If he pops out of the slot and slips into the middle of a zone where nobody is, and we throw a tall ball to him, that defense is in for a hurtin for certain. And if they're covering that, he either wins the "jump ball" and shakes off the tackler, or we check up to one of the midgets running free for the post because they're covering Dez!

Reaction score
There's some nuggets in there.

"Tony Romo was the guy that like installed the plays during meetings during the week"

"When I first got to Dallas and I saw all input that Tony was doing, the coaches really weren't doing anything (Coward chimes in "He was the coach!")"

LOL That is gold. I guess Tony was the coach afterall. I guess all the HC does is clap. Can get a cheerleader to do that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
LOL That is gold. I guess Tony was the coach afterall. I guess all the HC does is clap. Can get a cheerleader to do that.

Yep I said that years ago too, we already have professional cheerleaders who fucking clap when we make bad plays.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
(Coward chimes in "He was the coach!")"
Speaking of lane brained idiots and frauds, Cowherd is constantly saying Garrett is a good coach, about B level. LOL! Wut? Also says he has all these GMs and personnel guys he talks and texts with. Sure he does. If that were true and he had a clue he wouldnt speak so glowing about the red headed genius. Either that or his contacts are Stephen and Jerry Jr.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Amazing.... Back when his contract was up and we were debating it, I was called every nasty name in the book for bringing this up. And what, three years later and the question is still open! Does he fucking know all the route trees for all receiver positions? I asserted back then that I thought Dez would be deadly working out of the slot. And he still would be. Split the speedy midgets out wide then throw slants to Dez. Would just KILL them until they adjusted, then when they did adjust, drop bombs on the midgets!

And really, it's up to the coaches if he learns it? He is the NUMBER ONE GUY and he should take it upon HIMSELF to learn every route tree for every receiving position including tight end. Fuck, don't you almost have to know all that, just to understand the play calls in the huddle and the audibles? You gotta know where everyone's supposed to be, right? I guarantee you Michael Irvin did.

The reason I asked if Dez is just too stupid to know all the routes is because I remember one of the attributes about Zeke coming out of Ohio St was that he knew all of the routes in the route tree. He has the ability to play in the slot. If a RB knows all the routes how the hell does a “#1 WR” not already know them coming out of college?

I found it interesting that Brice said that the coaches lock in to the one thing a player is good at and never allow him to do anything else. He mentioned how he thought Dez could be deadly out of the slot but the coaches just won’t call those plays for him.

To me it seemed like Brice was really digging into the coaches and not so much Dez.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't know. Bryant seems too slow and lacks the moves to play the slot. Even the Cowboys coaches seem to see that. Bryant is a one trick pony and should be at the end of his time in Dallas.

He honestly can’t be any slower than Boldin was. Boldin wasn’t much faster than Witten to be honest.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess all the HC does is clap. Can get a cheerleader to do that.

Cheerleaders cant manage the process the way Red Clapper can. There's so much more to him than you give credit for.

Fighting Scratching Clawing and Clapping is a unique ability, we are fortunate to have someone with those gifts.

Reaction score
You don't need any moves to run those routes, and then you're hard to tackle once you catch the ball, if you're Dez. I think the idiot Dallas coaches either can't think out of the box and don't want to try something like that, or that Dez is just a dumb player and can't learn the route trees.

If he pops out of the slot and slips into the middle of a zone where nobody is, and we throw a tall ball to him, that defense is in for a hurtin for certain. And if they're covering that, he either wins the "jump ball" and shakes off the tackler, or we check up to one of the midgets running free for the post because they're covering Dez!

Maybe so. I don't have too much confidence in Bryant becoming a more complete player. Will he even be in Dallas next season? Will the FO try and force a pay cut on him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe so. I don't have too much confidence in Bryant becoming a more complete player. Will he even be in Dallas next season? Will the FO try and force a pay cut on him.

I think they have to force a pay cut on him and if he wont do it (as he claimed) they try to trade him. If you cant get anything for him at that point just sever ties and cut him.

I think he missed 4 or 5 games early in Prescott's rookie yr, and we won everyone of them and Prescott played well. It isn't Dez that makes Prescott a good player, they have clear proof of that.

They'd need to replace him, but the draft appears to have quite a bit of good WR talent and they could also look to free agency to sign a decent replacement. I also wouldn't be surprised if Noah Brown could play a more significant role. He's just as big as Bryant and IMO looked a lot quicker the few times he got on the field this year. Kid could have been a 1st or early 2nd rd pick this yr had he stayed in school and had a good season at OSU, he has talent.

Reaction score
I think they have to force a pay cut on him and if he wont do it (as he claimed) they try to trade him. If you cant get anything for him at that point just sever ties and cut him.

I think he missed 4 or 5 games early in Prescott's rookie yr, and we won everyone of them and Prescott played well. It isn't Dez that makes Prescott a good player, they have clear proof of that.

They'd need to replace him, but the drat appears to have quite a bit of good WR talent and they could also look to free agency to sign a decent replacement. I also wouldn't be surprised if Noah Brown could play a more significant role. He's just as big as Bryant and IMO looked a lot quicker the few times he got on the field this year. Kid could have been a 1st or early 2nd rd pick this yr had he stayed in school ad had a good season at OSU, he has talent.

Yep. I couldn't agree more. Its time to either get rid of Bryant and his bloated contract or change his role and pay grade. The FO should have franchised him when they had the chance and now the club would be free of him. Over paying WR's is a big problem for any team. The Cowboys don't need Bryant to win that has been well documented. The resources being wasted on him could be better spend on other positions.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

They'd need to replace him, but the draft appears to have quite a bit of good WR talent and they could also look to free agency to sign a decent replacement. I also wouldn't be surprised if Noah Brown could play a more significant role. He's just as big as Bryant and IMO looked a lot quicker the few times he got on the field this year. Kid could have been a 1st or early 2nd rd pick this yr had he stayed in school and had a good season at OSU, he has talent.

Realistically though who could/would take on that contract in a trade? I don’t know what Jacksonville’s cap situation looks like but if they can figure out their QB situation (Eli?) I think Dez would be a great fit with them.

Reaction score
Realistically though who could/would take on that contract in a trade? I don’t know what Jacksonville’s cap situation looks like but if they can figure out their QB situation (Eli?) I think Dez would be a great fit with them.

No other club will take on Bryant's contract. He is making noise but he will have to accept a lot less money no matter where he goes.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
drew pearson is the hero we all need but do not deserve

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Top Bottom