Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All the experts at the Zone told us we would be really sorry letting Dez go, and he would be snatched up in seconds by a team just itching to go win a Super Bowl. No, really. There were teams with record breaking contracts already typed up just waiting for a Dez signature the moment he was released...
That was every Dezsexual, everywhere.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Im not a Dezsexual but I really thought Dez would be picked up and be able to help the right team with a decent coach.

Apparently the Ravens werent that team and Dez has his pick of teams so we can all sit back and see which team HE chooses.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez doesn’t have his pick of shit

By all accounts he’s had one offer. No one wants to take on his baggage. The only way he makes a team now is “when” some teams big name WR gets hurt in preseason and they become desperate enough to deal with his shit

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dez is fine w/ signing after the season starts

its not like extra time at training camp is going to give dez the time he needs to learn a new offense. dez was in dallas for 8 yrs and never learned the offense

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This season will be interesting. Every team we face is going to key on Zeke with no true #1 WR to draw any attention. I guess we're going to see if Dak can carry this team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I guess we're going to see if Dak can carry this team.
Orrrrr if they'll let him. Risk-averse Ginger will keep the "no running" policy firmly in effect for Dak, I well imagine. The silver lining is, at least at first opponents won't have much book on the TE or WRs. Tendencies matter and they matter a lot.

Good coaching like we see in places like NE would take full advantage of this lack of information. I wouldn't bet a buck that we will or even could.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Orrrrr if they'll let him. Risk-averse Ginger will keep the "no running" policy firmly in effect for Dak, I well imagine. The silver lining is, at least at first opponents won't have much book on the TE or WRs. Tendencies matter and they matter a lot.

Good coaching like we see in places like NE would take full advantage of this lack of information. I wouldn't bet a buck that we will or even could.

With the exception of our rookies, our receivers have been around so there's film of their tendencies, strengths and weaknesses. In addition, everyone know's Garrett's system. But I guess the secret formula we've been missing is "route running." I don't think the defenses we face will know what hit them when guys run a precise route.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With the exception of our rookies, our receivers have been around so there's film of their tendencies, strengths and weaknesses. In addition, everyone know's Garrett's system. But I guess the secret formula we've been missing is "route running." I don't think the defenses we face will know what hit them when guys run a precise route.

They might giggle some, wasting air?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

a functioning offense that makes gains on precision and timing....

they'll never see it coming

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Which would account for 13% of his 314 receiving yards for 2017. You're aiming mighty high.

That's why they better not giggle. He might lead the team in pass reception yards again like in 2016.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And don't forget accuracy. I can't wait to see them in action.

giphy.gif

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's why they better not giggle. He might lead the team in pass reception yards again like in 2016.

He ran better routes in 2016. As did Dez. Our receivers didn't forget how to run good routes until 2017.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
props, keep up the good work and you might qualify to be mod at Cowboyszone or get an invite to Hostiles cult

Speaking of which, Idgit has become the new Hostile. The guy is literally the only person at the zone still claiming Garrett is a good coach, but he is too narcissistic to admit he is wrong. Most of his posts basically allude to how kuch smarter he is than everybody.

Top Bottom