bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Time for him to let it go. Not a great look for a guy who is looking for a new team and has already been accused of being a distraction. I agree with his assessment of the offense, however. Not every pass thrown in his direction last year was catchable. Doesn't surprise me that Lee has a problem with him either. Not after watching the Amazon thing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anyway you look at it Dez earned his way off this team.

Be it the declining performance since his contract year

His mouth getting him in trouble

His attitude and sideline hissy fits (locker room cancer type behavior)

Or his league leading number of drops last season

ALL had a factor in his being released by the Cowboys!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

And this is alllllllllll the shit I predicted back when we were debating about getting long-term big-money married to the infantile fuck.

I was right about Dez.
I was right about Dez.
I was right about Dez.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And this is alllllllllll the shit I predicted back when we were debating about getting long-term big-money married to the infantile fuck.

I was right about Dez.
I was right about Dez.
I was right about Dez.

You were one of the few that were saying NOT to to get married to Dez long term

I’ll give you that!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You were one of the few that were saying NOT to to get married to Dez long term
I had the very reasonable argument that we should have at the very least, let him test the market first. I really doubt much interest would have been there, the opponents all knowing what he was and what he really was not.

THEN we could have negotiated a better, short term deal and not be married to the fuck for years.

If someone signed him for big money and he left, oh well. To me it was more than worth the risk even at that time. I remembered the 2010 reports where this fuck had already been trouble, being late for meetings, missing practices and etc. Fuck him, the signs were all there for me. If someone really wanted him, let him fucking LEAVE and draft a new #1 guy.

We would have been better off.

JPP1974

Ready for Summertime
Reaction score
Well hope he can move on and mature. As really as much as he is talented. Really the guy was a cancer in the locker room and not a team player.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Well hope he can move on and mature.
Why do we give a fuck if he matures? He is fucking what, 30 already? I hope he eats a big bag of puss infested AIDS-infected dicks, and dies a horrible horrible death.
As really as much as he is talented
He's NOT talented. Not on par with most all #1s in the league. He's at best a one-trick pony whose one trick isn't uncommon or even all that good of a trick.

Were he really, actually talented as a receiver, he would never have cleared waivers regardless of his baggage.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Supposedly the biggest factor (besides money) was he was a bad influence on the younger players. AKA cancerous.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What a dumb fuck. Even if true in his pea brain dont say this. Whats left of his career, which as of yesterday was on life support, the plug is just about all the way out of the wall now.

Last edited:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He deserves to play for the Browns!

That is a fate far more appropriate for him than just riding off into the sunset of obscurity

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They cut Dez prior to his last two seasons. Seasons that would have netted him 25M. He wasn't even drawing double coverage most of the time last year, so no, I don't think he was worth his remaining contract.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez is too stupid to realize he is vindicating the Cowboys with their decision. And while he's correct about the coaching he's pretty much sealed his own fate, if it wasnt sealed already. Good riddance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why would Cleveland want Dez? Don't they already have some pretty good WRs on that team? Did someone get hurt or suspended?

Their addict WR Josh Gordon is apparently in counseling/rehab again

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And before today, I would have bet that Bryant was going to get picked up by another team. After today and all the dirt that's coming out from the other players, his career may be over.

I think the fact he wasnt picked up as soon as he was cut is evidence the rest of the league already had gotten wind of this junk.

Plus all the proof on film of the last 3 seasons of dropped balls (especially last yr), sideline tantrums, turnovers he was directly responsible for and quitting on some routes, and he just isn't worth the hassle to most teams.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That Ben Rogers tweet was cute and all, but it doesn't have anything to do with leading the league in drops. Because the ball was there, and dropped. That ain't on the play calling and is a completely separate issue.

Yeah he ranked at the top of league of dropped passes last yr. There were also plenty of examples during the season where he quit on routes, a couple of which led to turnovers. He almost singlehandedly lost the Seattle game late last yr with the playoffs technically still on the line. Then there's all the other "stuff" that came along with him.

The coaching staff lacks imagination for sure, but he has zero credibility IMO with taking this stance because he didn't do HIS job. He had 3 or 4 great years and then got paid, and has not been the same player since (for whatever reason).

The fact that basically nobody else in the league wants him either should speak volumes to him, but he's so immature and spoiled that it doesn't.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He had 3 or 4 great years
I wouldn't call them great years. Even at his best he was still disappearing completely from games, getting into verbal jousts with defenders instead of doing his fucking job, and giving us the occasional, key drop. Although until last year he wasn't a dropper per se. He was pretty good, but like I said back then not worth the long term marriage and the big money - especially without letting him test the market first.

He never brought anything to the table you couldn't get in any draft that took place while he was a Dallas Cowboy. He's simply, never been all that special or even really very good. And worse? He never tried to improve. Never wanted to put in the work necessary to get better.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't call them great years. Even at his best he was still disappearing completely from games, getting into verbal jousts with defenders instead of doing his fucking job, and giving us the occasional, key drop. Although until last year he wasn't a dropper per se. He was pretty good, but like I said back then not worth the long term marriage and the big money - especially without letting him test the market first.

In regards to the bold, wouldn't that be like putting him on the "Transition" tag? I wonder why teams don't use that anymore. That's the best way to test their market value.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By the way, I fail to see how this is "another dig at Dez". Lal is simply stating a fact.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen, continue to tiptoe around former team employee Dez Bryant, other team employees will from time to time take digs at Dez.

Receivers coach Sanjay Lal, who previously said he saw “inconsistencies” in Bryant’s game last year, made a negative observation about Bryant’s skill set while answering the question of whether the Cowboys will have receivers who can get down the field and go up and get the ball.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I would rather have down-the-field guys that go run down a ball and score than live in the back-shoulder world. We want touchdowns. We have some of those.”' data-reactid="18">“I would think so,” Lal said, via Clarence E. Hill, Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I would rather have down-the-field guys that go run down a ball and score than live in the back-shoulder world. We want touchdowns. We have some of those.”

Dez, of course, lived in the “back-shoulder world.” And Dez hadn’t caught many of those throws over the last two years, possibly because it’s not a throw quarterback Dak Prescott is comfortable making. Lal hopes to help Prescott become comfortable by using precision route-runners who will always be in the spot where they’re supposed to be.

“[Then Dak] can throw blind,” Lal said. “He doesn’t have to double hitch. He can cut the ball loose. We are always preaching cut it loose on time. How can you do that if you don’t have confidence in your receivers? It’s our job to make it that way.”

Of course, it’s not Lal’s job to make Dez upset with express or implied shots at his flaws. That will only inflame the situation, making Dez more likely to continue to find ways to complain about the way he was treated in Dallas, starting with the decision to not cut him until the middle of April.

The longer it takes for Dez to find a new NFL job, the greater the chance that this situation will get uglier and uglier. The more that Cowboys employees say things about Dez that aren’t flattering, the more he’ll be inclined to respond in kind.

Cowboys take another dig at Dez Bryant

Top Bottom