MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
FWIW Broaddus seems to think the Cowboys would take a LB over other positions at 19, still saying the team loves LVE

What’s up with his neck though? Is it spinal stenosis? Or does he have an injury? Or is nothing wrong with him? I’ve heard all three.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What’s up with his neck though? Is it spinal stenosis? Or does he have an injury? Or is nothing wrong with him? I’ve heard all three.

He wasn't on the medical re-check list for anything, so that's a good sign.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well it looks like someone finally made an offer on Dez. It was a multi year deal by the Ravens which Dez has since turned down

He apparently is planning to bet on himself and wants a 1 year prove it deal so he can reaffirm his standing in the league and receive a huge payday

Sorry to tell ya Dez, but you ain’t whatcha used to be and you are betting on the wrong horse in this case. You may find yourself watching the games from your couch in 2018 like the rest of us if you turn down what few deals you may actually receive

247Sports

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it looks like someone finally made an offer on Dez. It was a multi year deal by the Ravens which Dez has since turned down

He apparently is planning to bet on himself and wants a 1 year prove it deal so he can reaffirm his standing in the league and receive a huge payday

Sorry to tell ya Dez, but you ain’t whatcha used to be and you are betting on the wrong horse in this case. You may find yourself watching the games from your couch in 2018 like the rest of us if you turn down what few deals you may actually receive

247Sports

if you believe your own link, other teams had made offers to Dez as well. It's also very interesting (and confirms my theory) that Bryant turned down the offer due to the QB/system not being a good fit. I still believe that Dez can make some noise and be a quality WR for a team with a solid QB. I still see Garoppolo as a great fit although I could see Dez wanting to go to Washington or Giants just to play the Cowboys twice.

Bryant himself has stated he's received offers nonetheless and there's now proof to that fact, with NFL insider Ed Werder reporting the former Cowboys' star not only turned down a deal with the Baltimore Ravens -- as was previously made public by other sources -- but it was a "multi-year offer", as Bryant instead wants a one-year deal to reaffirm his status in the league with the goal of building upon it for big money in 2019.

There are also rumors he didn't see a good fit in the system with Joe Flacco, no doubt looking for the type of quarterback who has the veteran savvy and skill set to help him reach his goal.

It's unlikely Bryant will sign a deal until after the draft, given the timing of his release, but it's clear he's about to bet big on himself this coming season. This could be a wise move for the veteran, seeing as accepting a long-term deal now from any team could work against him should he deliver another season that even remotely mirrors the historic 2014 campaign with the Cowboys. It's a definite risk, but if it pays off -- it'll be in spades.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
c11808b0c31e3b30d2308736b8a75079.jpg

LOL@he dropped the offer

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Dez could work 100 hours a week at McDonalds for the next 100 years and never make what he just turned down.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bryant himself has stated he's received offers nonetheless and there's now proof to that fact, with NFL insider Ed Werder reporting the former Cowboys' star not only turned down a deal with the Baltimore Ravens -- as was previously made public by other sources --
Am I the only one who read that article and saw NO proof whatsoever?
but it was a "multi-year offer", as Bryant instead wants a one-year deal to reaffirm his status in the league with the goal of building upon it for big money in 2019.
And we're to believe the Ravens didn't want to do a one-year deal with him as a counter offer? Seems a lot to me like that would be more advantageous to them.

I just.... Smell bullshit. Is it too much to ask, for the Ravens to confirm this?
There are also rumors he didn't see a good fit in the system with Joe Flacco, no doubt looking for the type of quarterback who has the veteran savvy and skill set to help him reach his goal.
Right... We can't play with a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are Super Bowl winning QB’s so there’s that

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Am I the only one who read that article and saw NO proof whatsoever?And we're to believe the Ravens didn't want to do a one-year deal with him as a counter offer? Seems a lot to me like that would be more advantageous to them.

I just.... Smell bullshit. Is it too much to ask, for the Ravens to confirm this?Right... We can't play with a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

Ravens beat writers have confirmed it, via team sources. This one is not really a stretch. The Ravens are trying to upgrade the position and signed Crabtree who had similar numbers to Dez except Crabtree played with a better QB.

The Ravens have interest in WR Dez Bryant, but is the feeling mutual? - Baltimore Sun

Now, Bryant is suddenly available after the Dallas Cowboys unceremoniously released the 29-year-old late last week. Predictably, the Ravens have interest in him, sources confirmed. Ravens fans, who still lament the fact that the team was unable to land Bryant in the 2010 draft, seem infatuated with the idea.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who read that article and saw NO proof whatsoever?And we're to believe the Ravens didn't want to do a one-year deal with him as a counter offer? Seems a lot to me like that would be more advantageous to them.

I just.... Smell bullshit. Is it too much to ask, for the Ravens to confirm this?Right... We can't play with a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

my bet is on "Bullshit!"

he may have gotten a multi-year offer but I bet the guarantees were low and he was cuttable after one year, effectively making the offer a low, one year deal where the Ravens have all the leverage so he probably got offended and refused but now his agent is trying to spin it to Dez's advantage

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ravens beat writers have confirmed it, via team sources.
Nothing in the article at the link you provided confirms Dez was actually offered a deal. It merely says there was interest. On the 16th. And it's not any kind of confirmation, it's yet another reporter claiming anon sources.

Read this slowly: There is no proof whatsoever the Ravens offered Dez a contract.
he may have gotten a multi-year offer but I bet the guarantees were low and he was cuttable after one year, effectively making the offer a low, one year deal where the Ravens have all the leverage so he probably got offended and refused but now his agent is trying to spin it to Dez's advantage
This sounds a lot more probable. This is GM Ozzie Newsome we're talking about here, not an idiot like Jerry Jones.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing in the article at the link you provided confirms Dez was actually offered a deal. It merely says there was interest. On the 16th. And it's not any kind of confirmation, it's yet another reporter claiming anon sources.

Read this slowly: There is no proof whatsoever the Ravens offered Dez a contract.
This sounds a lot more probable. This is GM Ozzie Newsome we're talking about here, not an idiot like Jerry Jones.

OK Dooms. You can follow the evidence and come to an informed decision based on two reporters (one who follows the team) and the actions of the team and it's needs. It's highly probable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
OK Dooms. You can follow the evidence and come to an informed decision based on two reporters (one who follows the team) and the actions of the team and it's needs. It's highly probable.

I'm merely pointing out the link you provided wasn't what it was advertised to be.

And until the Ravens confirm Dez's story it's highly suspect at best.

Have a modicum of skepticism. I don't trust anything Dez says and I sure don't trust fanboi sports reporters.

NONE of which have verified Dez's story, by the way. There is no proof whatsoever that the Ravens offered Dez a contract.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have seen it reported by a few places now

Not that that means much. But it’s not just a solo source any longer

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Nowhere is it actually confirmed. Especially not in the detail Dez claims. Yimmy's scenario in post 990 of this thread is far more plausible than Dez's story or the yes-man reporting on it.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Do reporters actually confirm anything? Or just hear somebody else report something and parrot it so they are in the mix?

And why would Dez turn down a multiyear deal? He's on the street.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And why would Dez turn down a multiyear deal?
I can well imagine him turning down a multi-year deal such as Yimmy described, then his handlers spinning that to put forth the narrative that he turned down certain millions and is "courageously holding out for a good one year deal" that the lapdog reporters just parrot because they're fanbois anyway and not real journalists.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I can well imagine him turning down a multi-year deal such as Yimmy described, then his handlers spinning that to put forth the narrative that he turned down certain millions and is "courageously holding out for a good one year deal" that the lapdog reporters just parrot because they're fanbois anyway and not real journalists.

Yea, essentially not a real multi year deal. Its hard to know but Dez is a fool at this point turning down any deal to play in the NFL.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Do reporters actually confirm anything? Or just hear somebody else report something and parrot it so they are in the mix?

And why would Dez turn down a multiyear deal? He's on the street.

Because Flacco sucks ass. Is he an idiot for turning down the money? Sure he is. But if he really wanted his career to die he would have signed the contract with Baltimore.

Top Bottom