Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was very accurate last year. So, what happened to his accuracy between seasons? Did he just forget how to throw the ball?

I was thinking the same thing.

Last year he excelled in two areas. Ball security and accuracy.

This year they are his two weakest attributes. So what’s changed?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jones Reassures Garrett Over His Job! Linehan or Marinelli Out?!

Just what I wanted to wake up to on Christmas

The news that Garrett’s job is safe regardless of the season outcome

The article did have one interesting and embarrassing stat in it.

In every angle one of our losses this season we actually led the game going into halftime. We then failed to make any coaching adjustments and ended up losing each of those games.

Yet that’s not enough for Garrett’s ass to even be considered for the chopping block

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So much for "Dak will be his old self once Zeke is back in the fold."

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Oh yeah

Merry Christmas fuckers!
cd0d41f437fd54e3442fe24419b69f57.jpg

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Go back and watch the Minnesota game and both Giant games. They played a last place schedule last year.

Think about what screws up a QB's mechanics and his accuracy. It ain't the opponent. It's "coaching." Last year they pretty much just went with Dak without working much to "improve" him. This year it is quite apparent much "work" was done fucking this young kid up. And he is most definitely fucked up, I harbor no illusions that he's been playing well.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
And let's face it: we were very lucky to win the Oakland game. This after dicking around for three plus quarters versus the wretched Giants. We're the ultimate paper tigers.

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t his old self at the start of the season before Zeke was suspended

It didn't take the coaching staff long to ruin him. Anyway, the knock coming out of college is what the fans are seeing presently. Lets hope he can turn it around this off season.

Reaction score

Pressure and it seems the opposing clubs have more information on his playing style. He faced a winning schedule too and tougher defenses.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pressure and it seems the opposing clubs have more information on his playing style. He faced a winning schedule too and tougher defenses.
Oh yes no question the rest of the league had "book" on him this year that didn't exist last year. When there is a problem it's never just the one thing, it's many-faceted. Very logical.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Think about what screws up a QB's mechanics and his accuracy. It ain't the opponent.
Sorry Dooms we are at odds this one. My contention is and has been that he not a pocket passer, never has been, those teams forced him to throw from the pocket. As to your question about the mechanics, I think a lot has to do with his feet being set. Do I think this staff can fix it? Fuck no. Would love to see David Lee brought back here as QB coach. Developed Romo and made other shit like Tyrod Taylor and Pennington into somewhat NFL QBS.

Reaction score
The ratings have to crash, and the sales of swag have to plummet. I have exactly zero interest in any more games with Garrett as coach. It's pointless.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My contention is and has been that he not a pocket passer, never has been, those teams forced him to throw from the pocket.
Except, last year he threw from the pocket, a lot. Very accurate and very sharp. Did he just suddenly forget how?
As to your question about the mechanics, I think a lot has to do with his feet being set. Do I think this staff can fix it? Fuck no.
Of course they can't, they're the ones who fucked this kid up.

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score

Well, part of it is he's had 300 lb. men in other colored jerseys whispering sweet nothings in his ear all year while he's trying to pass. A lot of his bad passes have been off his back foot. When you're under duress, you tend to go back to what you know instinctively and with Dak, that was bad footwork and accuracy in college.

He's not John Elway but he's not Trever Seiman either. He just needs more than 2 seconds and an actual open receiver like most QB's in the NFL.

One thing he can do is take a beating. Byron Bell, Chaz Green and Johnathan Cooper ae not going to get the job done. We would have gone through 13 Tony Romos last night. Pitiful.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pissburg with 1st and goal from the 1. Fullback blast. Touchdown. Are we learning anything, Ginger?

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pissburg with 1st and goal from the 1. Fullback blast. Touchdown. Are we learning anything, Ginger?
Did you see Hou throw it 2 times from the 1 and then throw an int. for a touchback on 4th down?

Must be a Texas thing.

Top Bottom