Reaction score
The NFL could use a little competition. That just might smarten it up a little. Plenty of football fans would welcome that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I Love Beer. A lot.

So it looks like it’s official, Vince McMahon is bringing the XFL back in 2020

b966d7901fae2b59c833a37c572f9dfe.jpg

Or in other words - the NFL from its inception up into the 70’s

Bay10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Im sure xfl will flop like it did the first time. Some ideas that could help it to me are.

1. Less commercials. Figure something out with advertisers. Make games shorter.
2. Less flags. The refs are too big a factor and basically can decide games with flags.
3. Less kicking. Kicking is too big a part of the game. I hate seeing a great game that is decided by a field goal. Also maybe no punting.
4. Don't put a team in Philadelphia. So many people from there are scumbags.

Reaction score
Im sure xfl will flop like it did the first time. Some ideas that could help it to me are.

1. Less commercials. Figure something out with advertisers. Make games shorter.
2. Less flags. The refs are too big a factor and basically can decide games with flags.
3. Less kicking. Kicking is too big a part of the game. I hate seeing a great game that is decided by a field goal. Also maybe no punting.
4. Don't put a team in Philadelphia. So many people from there are scumbags.

LOL!! Ban Jerry from owning a club...unless he sells the Cowboys.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's a serious attempt like the USFL was, I might watch, but people are usually worn out by college and pro football by February.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's a serious attempt like the USFL was, I might watch, but people are usually worn out by college and pro football by February.

The USFL nabbed a bunch of good players and had quality coaches. As long as there was no gimmick garbage and the league was run the right way (ie, not like Goodell) I'd definitely watch.

Reaction score
Now is a good time, but it needs to be a serious football league to have a chance. Drop the gimmick bullshit like the He Hate Me crap.

Here's a free, sure to bring in viewers disgruntled with the NFL, bit of advice that is potentially worth tens of millions of dollars: the league slogan should be - "No Politics, Just Football."

You're welcome.

McMahon must read here based upon his recent comments.

Again, you're welcome, Vince. You can repay me by never hiring Roger Goodell.

Reaction score

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It might do well just because people are fed up with the NFL and Goodell. A slap in the face to the NFL from people just for spite.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I was talking to my buddy who's daughter is dating a center that will be playing for a new league called the Alliance of American Football starting Feb 9, 2019, he said he got a 3 year contract being paid approx $75K per year, seemed like a pretty good salary for a start up league

OUR ALLIANCE
Led by some of the most respected football minds in the game, The Alliance of American Football is high-quality professional football fueled by a dynamic Alliance between players, fans and the game. Fans will be able to stream Alliance matchups live via the free Alliance app while accessing integrated fantasy options with real rewards — for themselves and the players they are cheering on. Players will have state-of-the-art protection on the field and ample opportunities off it. The Alliance will provide players a comprehensive bonus system, post-football career planning as well as counseling and scholarship support for postsecondary education. Founded by TV and film producer Charlie Ebersol and Hall of Famer Bill Polian, The Alliance features eight teams, under a single entity structure, playing a 12-week season kicking-off February 9, 2019 on CBS and culminating with the championship game the weekend of April 26-28, 2019.

The Alliance: What If? - YouTube

wonder if any of these will work, there does seem to be a need for a minor league of football to develop players

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How long until Jeruh buys himself a XFL team to use as his very own minor league development playground?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seattle, Wash., at CenturyLink Field

New York, N.Y., at MetLife Stadium

Dallas, Texas, at Globe Life Park

Houston, Texas, at TDECU Stadium

Los Angeles, Calif., at StubHub Center

St. Louis, Mo., at The Dome at America’s Center

Tampa Bay, Fla., at Raymond James Stadium

Washington, D.C., at Audi Field

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to watch the first season. Guess I'll stay local and cheer for the Dallas team.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just hope the cheerleaders are fully nude

That will draw in the crowds

Top Bottom