dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul Gutierrez
ESPN Staff Writer
Not only did WR Amari Cooper, DE Mario Edwards, Jr. and rookie S Obi Melifonwu all miss practice for the second straight day, CB David Amerson, who has not played since Oct. 19, also sat out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dan Bailey saying today the wind was the factor with the two missed FG's Sunday.

More in-game genius stuff from the bonehead Garrett. We had 4th and 6 at 35 and 4th and 4 from 33, and Garrett chose to have a kicker with a groin injury kick 50+ yds FG's in windy, cold conditions instead of having his offense go for it against an overmatched team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Garrett chose to have a kicker with a groin injury
Exactly. Brought him back too soon when there was no reason, Ted Nugent's kid was doing okay. Garrett just HAD to have his crutch back. He cannot STAND having to be aggressive in the "red area" as he calls it. Really really likes kicking field goals.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Stephen Jones is on the Ticket right now for his annual long interview if anyone wants to hear how much he's sounding like his daddy...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Stephen Jones is on the Ticket right now for his annual long interview if anyone wants to hear how much he's sounding like his daddy...
I take great pains to avoid anything that would make me puke, thanks. Watching this team meets my quota for that every week.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
More in-game genius stuff from the bonehead Garrett. We had 4th and 6 at 35 and 4th and 4 from 33, and Garrett chose to have a kicker with a groin injury kick 50+ yds FG's in windy, cold conditions instead of having his offense go for it against an overmatched team.

I found the MRI of Garretts brain when the Cowboys offense hits the opponents 35 yard line

giphy.gif

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ugh, not looking good for David irving on Sunday.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Welp Denver inserts Osweiller so they will be mailing this one in. Remind me how Dallas got blown out by them again.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What a horrid game by two terrible teams. The fucking NFL deserves this lousy product. They need to do away with these insipid Thursday night games. I can barely stand watching it and the moronic commentary by Collinsworth just makes it worse. This league has simply gone to shit on a shingle.

Reaction score
What a horrid game by two terrible teams. The fucking NFL deserves this lousy product. They need to do away with these insipid Thursday night games. I can barely stand watching it and the moronic commentary by Collinsworth just makes it worse. This league has simply gone to shit on a shingle.

We are seeing the results of the Participation Trophy generation. These athletes are worse than the GenX, Baby Boom, and Greatest Gen athletes, and it isn't even close. It's just bad football, but wait till the next generation who mostly didn't play football. At that point, I think the game dies. It's no accident that the last GenXer in the league, Tom Brady, is considered the best player at the moment.

Get off my lawn.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I never listen, is he that bad?

Said it before, but as much as I can't stand Jerry, there is some small bit of him that's likable -- or at least he knows how to present himself that way. Stephen strikes me as just an asshole. Last night they asked him a couple of questions about the future of the team and he got really defensive and defiant, with that, "How dare you question me" tone.

Only small thing is he admitted the organization had structural issues that were exposed during the three game losing streak. The hosts didn't know what he meant by that, but they were surprised he even admitted it (as was I).

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Said it before, but as much as I can't stand Jerry, there is some small bit of him that's likable -- or at least he knows how to present himself that way. Stephen strikes me as just an asshole. Last night they asked him a couple of questions about the future of the team and he got really defensive and defiant, with that, "How dare you question me" tone.

Only small thing is he admitted the organization had structural issues that were exposed during the three game losing streak. The hosts didn't know what he meant by that, but they were surprised he even admitted it (as was I).

gawd help us if he's a chip off the ol block

assuming this little win streak continues with a win at Oakland, has there ever been a more deceptive stretch of wins?

The hype is already building over just the two wins with proclamations of how Dak has righted the ship and become a better player in the process

true/false?

they still don't look too hot to me and beating teams that are injured all to hell is not a great barometer of where they are imo

~discuss~

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
they still don't look too hot to me and beating teams that are injured all to hell is not a great barometer of where they are imo

~discuss~
"We just need to get this one win then we will have ZEKE back, win out, get in the playoffs and win the SOUP BOW!"

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
gawd help us if he's a chip off the ol block

assuming this little win streak continues with a win at Oakland, has there ever been a more deceptive stretch of wins?
Nope. The Skins at least started out as a pretty good team but injuries wrecked them. The Giants have been a disaster all year. (And the Raiders aren't a lot better, plus it looks like Cooper won't play.)

And there's no doubt everyone is thinking what Dooms says above: We get Zeke back and we're unstoppable again!

Top Bottom