ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fins unis were so much better than their current updated ones.

Pretty cool seeing the Pats get physically whipped all over the field.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But that was when Jason Taylor was playing. No excuse not to beat those bums.

i was curious so...

patriots record in the tom brady era vs. divisional opponents (2001-present)

brady vs. dolphins
- swept miami 6 times (1 game was the suspension year 2016)
- split season series vs. miami 9 times
- record vs. miami all-time: 21-10
- record @miami 7-9
- record @home vs. miami 14-1 (the 1 loss was brady got hurt and cassell finished the game. miami had gus furrotte and ricky williams)
- career stat line vs. miami: 57 tds / 24 int / 59 sacked / Rating 91.2
- brady's record vs. miami w/ jason taylor playing: 12-6
- brady's record vs. miami w/o jason taylor playing: 9-4

brady vs. bills
- swept buffalo 12 times
- split season series vs. buffalo 3 times
- record vs. buffalo all-time: 27-3
- record @buffalo: 13-2
- record @home vs. buffalo: 14-1
- career stat line vs. buffalo: 66 tds / 21 int / 57 sacked / Rating 101.0

brady vs. jets
- swept nyj 8 times
- split season series vs. nyj 7 times
- record vs. nyj all-time: 24-7
- record @nyj: 11-4
- record @home vs. njy: 13-3
- career stat line vs.nyj: 46 tds / 14 int / 52 sacked / Rating 91.5

the patriots with tom brady have never been swept by any of their divisional opponents in a single season

these stats do not include playoffs

conclusion:
so, like i said...miami plays the patriots as well as anybody when they play in florida. with or without jason taylor.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If its true Marshall Faulk sent an NFLN staffer naked pictures of himself he can kiss his media career bye bye. I swear some of these guys are literally so stupid to the point that if it wasnt for making millions in the league, they would have a hard time holding down a Walmart greeter job.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If its true Marshall Faulk sent an NFLN staffer naked pictures of himself he can kiss his media career bye bye. I swear some of these guys are literally so stupid to the point that if it wasnt for making millions in the league, they would have a hard time holding down a Walmart greeter job.

I would guess that about 80% if these guys couldn’t hold down a real job if there never made it to the NFL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda interesting stuff. Normally you'd equate having a better pass rush to winning (and vice versa) but this info shows it's not an absolute at all.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Welp at least Egirl fans will have their jerseys to comfort them.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah that chart isn't sacks though, just "pressure." I have a feeling actual sacks does equate to winning.

Most coaches seem to believe "pressuring" the QB is just as important as sacking him. Forcing them into tough throws or forcing throw aways are keys to good pass defense.

Of the teams in the top-10 in sacks this year, 6 would seem to be lock for the playoffs. Two others are still in the hunt.

If you look at just the "sack" totals for last yr, very few of the teams in the top-10 in sacks made the postseason, including 4 of the top 5. New England and Atlanta (the two super bowl teams) were tied for 16th in sacks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like they are leaving our game vs the 6-7 and slumping Raiders in primetime Sunday, rather than flexing and moving several more important games into the 830 time slot.

Tells you all you need to know about how desperate the NFL is over the ratings slump. Even though both teams are barely in the playoff hunt, they know because we're on we'll bring more viewership nationally than other games that have far better matchups.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Isnt it amazing how ordinary Brady looks if you hit him enough times.

Best QB of all time my ass. Somebody asked me if I had a choice between Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, who would you pick. I told him I would take Manning all day long. The only way I would take Brady over Manning is if you threw Belicek in the deal.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Most coaches seem to believe "pressuring" the QB is just as important as sacking him.
The chart seems to debunk that belief.
Forcing them into tough throws or forcing throw aways are keys to good pass defense.
If those stats were available, it would be interesting to see how they equate to wins. "Pressure" can be anything, it's subjective, eye of the beholder. It's meaningless unless we know what exactly constitutes "pressure." What's the criteria?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And I'll add that I believe sacks in the 3rd and particularly 4th quarter go further towards getting that doubleyou than total game "pressures" and 1st and 2nd quarter sacks. Just a theory. Timing matters.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
In 1993, we ranked 19th in the league in sacks and had the fewest sacks of any team that made the postseason that yr. We won the Super Bowl

in 1995, we ranked 14th in sacks, also won the Super Bowl

Just two examples, but those are Super Bowl winning teams that didn't rank anywhere near the top of the league in sacks.

Last years top sack total teams I noted in another post, and the majority (7 of top 10) of teams near the top of the league in sacks didn't make the postseason.

Maybe I'll do some research on other seasons when I have time. But it's somewhat curious because most people have always equated having a good pass rush to winning and vice versa. Teams that are "winning" more also have more downs where they can turn it loose, because normally the winning teams will be playing with leads.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just noticed Mickey Spagnola blocked me from his twitter account, I think I posted something to his tweeter about being like the Iraqi Information spokesman a long time ago but I cant remember

Its hilarious and right in keeping with his general butthurt attitude that he would ban folks from his Twitter account

Last edited:

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You guys might have to endure more of me as I feel a banishment coming from the Zone

What do y'all think the odds of me getting banned are for posting the video below in reference to a picture posted of a scantily clad Draya (Scandrick's wife)?

Gasp!! - YouTube

Top Bottom