yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Already talk at CZ about how finishing 10-6 but not making the playoffs would be "motivation for next year"

LOL

You cant make the shit up.

:puke

thats about the worst scenario possible I can imagine..kissing my sister might be more satisfying (if I had one)

just like todays final score is deceiving so would that 10-6 record. Thats just the kind of shit that causes looney jeri to start having insane visions of Super Bowls dancing in his head and as we all know, thats not a pretty picture.

all we'll hear all off season is what could have been and how this stacks up for a run in 2018

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
At least as long as it took Landry.

Then he has already missed that deadline.

Landry took a team built from scratch that didn't even benefit from a 1st rd pick their 1st yr in the league, to NFL Championship game in his 7th season. From there Landry won 10+ games 16 times, appeared in 12 conference championship games, 5 super bowls, won 2 (and got ripped off on 3 others)

Clapper has been HC for almost 7 1/2 seasons now. Won 10+ games twice. No conference championship games. One playoff win.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DLaw still fired up over lack of holding calls.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Observed at CZ:

waving monkey,"if the team goes 10-6 there is zero excuse needed,10-6 coaches dont get fired

OK, but apparently 12-4 and back to back Super Bowl winning coaches do.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Landry took a team built from scratch that didn't even benefit from a 1st rd pick their 1st yr in the league, to NFL Championship game in his 7th season. From there Landry won 10+ games 16 times, appeared in 12 conference championship games, 5 super bowls, won 2 (and got ripped off on 3 others)

Clapper has been HC for almost 7 1/2 seasons now. Won 10+ games twice. No conference championship games. One playoff win.

Think about that for a minute. Landry literally built a team from scratch and took them to an NFL Championship game in 7 years. I don’t think anyone is expecting Red to be as good as Tom Landry but not even being able to at least put back to back winning season together in more time than it took Landry to reach that game is beyond ridiculous and embarrassing for the franchise.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hasn't been announced yet, but am assuming our SNF game at Raiders will be flexed out to 4:30 start.

Packers at Panthers (with potential Rodgers return), Rams at Seahawks and Steelers at Patriots all vastly more compelling games than 7-6 Dallas vs 6-7 Oakland.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah I was... Echoing the Garrett fanbois. Didn't say they know what they're talking about.

BUT... it took Landry 11 years to WIN the Super Bowl. See?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fantasy time.

Here's what has to happen for Cowboys to make postseason:

1) Cowboys have to win out and go 10-6
2) Seattle needs to lose minimum of twice (which would include our game). They are currently losing at Jacksonville and play at home vs LA Rams next week, before playing us.
3) Need Atlanta (8-5) to lose twice (remaining schedule, at Tampa, at New Orleans, Carolina)
4) Need Green Bay (7-6) to lose once. (remaining schedule is at Carolina, Minnesota, at Detroit)
5) Need Detroit (7-6) to lose once. (remaining schedule Chicago, at Cinci, Green Bay)

It doesn't really matter about New Orleans and Carolina.

There are apparently some scenarios where we would win a 3 or 4 way tie, but the above are the easiest paths.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I was... Echoing the Garrett fanbois. Didn't say they know what they're talking about.

BUT... it took Landry 11 years to WIN the Super Bowl. See?

Yeah, it was late 60's I think when the term "next years champions" got coined. We had a bunch of good teams from the mid to late 60's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jackonsville up 7, just returned punt to Seattle 1yd line for 1st and goal.

Big chance to take command there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
For the real hope of hope, Washington is getting dismantled in San Diego and appears to have quit.

Maybe 'lil Danny will fire 'lil Gruden, paving the way for Jerruh to hire big brother Gruden and bringing in 'lil Gruden and Sgt Callahan

Top Bottom